Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 786
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@That1User
Pattern and Pie are the top of my suspicion list too. 
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@ILikePie5
OK, so should we agree that if somebody is TOWN and somebody has the character claim PAIN or MADARA then they should make that claim now to avoid deeper suspicion later?  Does any other TOWN have some deeply suspicious aspect to their character or role that they ought to claim now?
I believe you are Pain or Madara, you said you're an antagonist and town, you should say who your character is.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@Pattern
What have you contributed to town besides your false accusations of scum? You seem to think every single person is scum through your incredibly honed senses created from absolutely zero games.
Pattern
Debates: 1
Pattern
-->
@MisterChris
Oro has been demonstrably pro-town but likely has a character like Danzō, who is an antagonist but loves the Village (or, town).
Oro was the one suggesting we should lynch pie based on his antagonistic claim though. That would be hypocritical of him if hos own character was antagonist in anyway.
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
ok me back

pattern scum
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@BearMan
What have you contributed to town besides your false accusations of scum? You seem to think every single person is scum through your incredibly honed senses created from absolutely zero games.
Your defensiveness here reeks of lies.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Pattern
Well, we don't know for sure it is Danzo. And to be fair, Oromagi did say he didn't know much about his character or where they stood. All he said was it wasn't on the friends list Bear provided (which is far from thorough). Oromagi could very well be an antagonist and not know it. 
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@MisterChris
Id assume if he were to crusade lynching antagonists claims he would be pretty confident his character was a "good guy". Otherwise that would be suspicious would it not?
That1User
That1User
-->
@MisterChris
Pattern and Pie are the top of my suspicion list too. 
Them fighting it out  so early could be mafia vs. mafia, mafia vs. town, or town vs. town
Pie started out accusatory then moved to a reasonable alternative theory, the fact he claimed to be an antagonist and town is what compelled me to vote for him to confirm or deny theory and set a precedent for who antagonists are in relation to town.
 Pattern has been accusing everyone, possibly deflecting from himself, or going too hard as a noob.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Pattern
Not really. I don't think people are as calculated as you think they are. Can't be sure, but he may just be operating the best he can on little information. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@MisterChris
-> @oromagi
I would auto-lynch someone in either of those roles

but you are new so don't realize how seldom theme splits end up that easy to detect.  It is entirely possible that there's no theme split at all  since SupaDaddy did not promise one.  I think the odds of a straightforward theme split are slightly better than usual because we know Supa's been thinking about renewing the beginner games series and simple theme splits are something of an hallmark of beginner games but no, it would be a big mistake to think you've got a handle on theme in DP1.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@That1User
--> @ILikePie5
OK, so should we agree that if somebody is TOWN and somebody has the character claim PAIN or MADARA then they should make that claim now to avoid deeper suspicion later?  Does any other TOWN have some deeply suspicious aspect to their character or role that they ought to claim now?
I believe you are Pain or Madara, you said you're an antagonist and town, you should say who your character is.

+1

UNVOTE
VTL ILikePie5
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@That1User
Pattern has been accusing everyone, possibly deflecting from himself, or going too hard as a noob.
Accusing everyone? Please elaborate. My vote has only been on grey parrot and now he has claimed, bearman.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Vote Count
Bearman [2/7]
 Water, Pattern
WaterPhoenix [1/7] Bear
Greyparrot [2/7] Speedrace, skittlez09
iLikePie5 [2/7] That1User, oromagi

"You were always at my side, the least I can do is to be beside you at the end. I know it cannot be, but I wish I could go to where you have gone. How I wish I could join you there, Haku."
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Pattern

--> @MisterChris
Oro has been demonstrably pro-town but likely has a character like Danzō, who is an antagonist but loves the Village (or, town).
Oro was the one suggesting we should lynch pie based on his antagonistic claim though. That would be hypocritical of him if hos own character was antagonist in anyway.
A vtl is not a promise to lynch.  But TOWN with un-town seeming roles and characters should generally claim up front to reduce suspicion in later rounds and help us exclude simple theme splits like good v evil.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@oromagi
This was to say that its safe to assume to be consistent with your own logic, your own claim is probably not that of an antagonist. Otherwise your actions (regardless of intent to lynch until death) would be based upon lies.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Barney
--> @oromagi
Out of curiosity, why did you remove the link to your hint?
I'm pretty sure it's every game you point back to that to prove that you encoded information into it.
The mission is to lock in my claim early.  I don't need nor particularly want folks to waste time trying to figure it out.  If you claim TRACKER and I am tracker then I want to be able to counterclaim with improved credibility because I locked in my claim long before you made your claim.  That ability is not enhanced by TOWN referring back to it as we proceed.  When I claim if there's any doubt about my claim I have a very early claim to recall to my credit but otherwise TOWN shouldn't have to think about it.
Also next update should probably change User's link to https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Sakura_Haruno
OK, i'm trying both although I'm not sure I want to work that hard

I'm never sure if wiki pages or the original claim are more useful, but either way it's probably best to be consistent.
probably various by circumstance

That1User
That1User
-->
@Pattern
Accusing everyone? Please elaborate. My vote has only been on grey parrot and now he has claimed, bearman
Percieve you to be accusatory, it's the behavior you give off
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@That1User
Percieve you to be accusatory, it's the behavior you give off
Hmmmm.... Assuming this to be true, which I dont think it is, why is this a thing mafia would do instead of town? Are innocent people not genuinely inquisitive and perceptive for lies? And not likely to be suspicious of many others?
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@Pattern
Mafia wants to lynch as many people as possible.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@MisterChris

• Oromagi poem… Cryptic message? Also, accuses me off the bat. I chose not to answer the accusation because I felt it wasn’t going anywhere… But Oromagi is a smart strategist. He knows that random accusations are not a smart strategy for a town win. What is his game? That said, Oro’s later statements seem to indicate he is town affiliated. Verdict: Oromagi reads town so far.

• I generally VTL Supadudz in  the first post of every game.  That wasn't an option here so I just started with a newbie.  Pressuring newbies is often informative and occasionally devastating to scum.
  • I used to add the greyparrot rally cry to a lot of games because greyparrot always played.  The poem was added here as a welcome back to GreyParrot.  Like I just said to Ragnar, TOWN doesn't have to worry about these eccentricities.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
This is 11 pages on DP1, and I have other things to do with my day. Someone please tag me for any important developments.
oromagi
oromagi
2. oromagi                       
TOWN                               CLAIM
7. WaterPhoenix
4. That1User                  Sakura Haruno
9. Speedrace                   Gaara                         PARANOID GUN OWNER
12. Greyparrot              Sasuke Uchicha      TRACKER
11. Pattern
8. Crocodile 
1. skittlez09
6. BearMan                     Hint?
3. MrChris
10. Ragnar
5. iLikePie5
SCUM                              CLAIM

Vote Count

Bearman [2/7]
 Water, Pattern
WaterPhoenix [1/7] Bear
Greyparrot [2/7] Speedrace,  skittlez09
iLikePie5 [2/7] That1User, oromagi

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@oromagi
You are correct I have little experience, and I understand your beginning strategy a bit better now. My gut could easily be wrong on the theme, and I openly acknowledge that. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
You are saying the regulars would agree that the theme is probably good v evil?  No, I wouldn't agree.

The opposite. I’m in agreeance with you
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Greyparrot
justification? how does being a prodigy translate to tracker?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
do have some scummy claim that would best be told up front? 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I’m at college rn so my ability to respond is limited.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
CORRECTION: do you have some scummy claim...
That1User
That1User
-->
@ILikePie5
Who's your character, that will be enough of an answer