Can you tell the difference between these definitions?

Author: Mopac

Total: 267
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Read carefully....

TESTIMONY-
evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Testimonial evidence for which God? Or are you lumping in all Gods throughout history together?

Goldtop
Goldtop
EtrnlVw demonstrates dishonesty...

"his blackened finger was testimony to the fact that he had played in pain"
synonyms:
testament to, proof of, evidence of, attestation to, witness to

Notice how you conveniently left out the example, in which we clearly see testimony is based on hard evidence, the hard evidence being the blackened finger. Sheer dishonesty on your part yet again.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Testimonial evidence for which God? Or are you lumping in all Gods throughout history together?

No, I'm "lumping" all of spirituality together as proof, which would be the reflection of what humans observe and experience. Regardless, it IS  evidence, along with philosophical strength, logic and commonsense. Why people wish to disregard actual meanings of evidence and proof is bedside me, and only verifies to show biases. There is more proof and evidence for God than any other thing. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
EternlVw says

Physical evidence is needed for gnomes
Physical evidence is needed for God, too.
Goldtop
Goldtop
Regardless, it IS  evidence, along with philosophical strength, logic and commonsense.
Logic and common sense never lead to the existence of gods. That's fundamentally wrong and shows you have no concept of logic or common sense.

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
No, there isn't more evidence for God than anything else. There is very little evidence. Otherwise everyone would agree.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
No they wouldn't, because a lot of people won't consider the nature of God and the nature of evidence. As for evidence and proof, there is more than any other topic according to what evidence consists of. That is not debatable. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
there isn't more evidence for God than anything else.

If you think so, supply one other single topic that has more testimonial evidence than spirituality, I'll wait right here....
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
I already told you, testimony isn't evidence.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
So in other words you deny the very definition of evidence and testimony? and which type of EVIDENCE spirituality consists of?

TESTIMONY-

Well that is very unfortunate, as well you deny the nature of spirituality and how evidence for it works :(
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Goldtop
Physical evidence is needed for God, too.

Nope, God is not a physical entity or object, try again. That is why your biases for evidence doesn't fit, does not work and is not congruent with the nature of the Creator. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Spirituality is between you and God. And me and God. It is an individual process.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@janesix
I disagree wholeheartedly. There is nothing more reasonable to believe than the existence of The Truth.

Claims about The Truth are more up for debate.

Trolltop isn't worth debating with because he is here to argue mindlessly, not reason. He doesn't think "Supreme Being" means The Truth even though it can plainly be proven...

Supreme - Highest in rank or authority.

Being - Existence

What is the existence with highest rank or authority? THE ULTIMATE REALITY. Which, despite the willful ignorance of trolltop, is what theology teaches God is. The Truth.

He won't formally debate this though because he knows his entire case is personal arbitrariness.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
We're talking about evidence and what that consists of. Before we go further you will have to concede that.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Spirituality is between you and God. And me and God. It is an individual process.

Never denied that.....but which would fall under the category of testimonial evidence. Which is personal observation, which IS evidence. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Mopac
It's hard to say why Goldtop trolls the forums. It could be any number of reasons. I feel sorry for him, to have that much bitterness.
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
Sorry, I just have to disagree. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
What exactly are you disagreeing with? the definition of testimony and evidence? or the nature of spirituality?
janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
I disagree that testimony is evidence. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
If you wish to disagree with what evidence consists of and how it is defined that is your choice, and very unfortunate. But you will not be in any position to argue over what is defined as evidence. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
Ibthink what janesix is trying to say is that it is unreasonable to expect someone to believe someone else simply because say they are a witness to someone.

Like, I can believe someone is being honest about believing what they say, but that doesn't always mean I believe what they say.

We don't always see things as they really are, you know?

janesix
janesix
-->
@EtrnlVw
That's fine. It's not something important enough for me to continue arguing over anyway.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
Ibthink what janesix is trying to say is that it is unreasonable to expect someone to believe someone else simply because say they are a witness to someone.

Never claimed that. I would never expect someone to believe someone else's testimony. However, there is more testimonial evidence for spirituality than any other thing. That is something to CONSIDER, and not just brush under the rug.

Like, I can believe someone is being honest about believing what they say, but that doesn't always mean I believe what they say.

Nope, but what constitutes evidence is what consists of evidence. With dealing with spirituality we move away from 
physical" based evidence. 

We don't always see things as they really are, you know?
Correct. But experiences with the Divine are experience with the Divine, that is how this works and how religion and spirituality have been formed. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
Can't really dispute any of that.
Goldtop
Goldtop
there is more testimonial evidence for spirituality than any other thing.

Testimonials (other peoples claims) are all spirituality has for evidence, nothing more. So what you say is true.

Every thing else that can be shown to have hard evidence supporting it's existence are things everyone knows about; Reality.

With dealing with spirituality we move away from physical" based evidence. 
Hence, no one will ever know anything about it. There is no information, no understanding, no logic, no reasoning, nothing that constitutes knowledge which everyone can acknowledge, share and understand.

Spirituality offers nothing.

experiences with the Divine are experience with the Divine that is how this works and how religion and spirituality have been formed. 

Thank you proving my point of offering no information, no understanding, no logic, no reasoning and above all, no knowledge. Perfect.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You wouldn't know how to try and yet none of it makes any sense.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Just because something doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense to someone else.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Just because you believe you make sense, doesn't mean you make sense.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
To me I do.

And I'm sure there are others, because I happen to teach this stuff to people who believe it.