Corrupt-A-Wish

Author: Lunatic

Total: 175
Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Intelligence_06
I wish that my accumulation of wealth becomes 1.5 standard deviations above the average human.
Wish granted. In exchange for the money, your attractiveness goes down to 1.5 standard deviations below the average human. 

I wish for the Power of Friendship to become tangible and be weaponized in the military 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Skipper_Sr
I wish for the Power of Friendship to become tangible and be weaponized in the military
Granted. Sadly, the US military is corrupt rendering the power of friendship negligible because the soldiers aren't united within nor are they united against their enemy factions, they just want to get their pay by shooting some middle eastern people and leave. Same goes for the Russian and Ukrainian armies.

However, the power of the brotherhood quickly becomes prominent for the North Korean army and they would take South Korea by force. The force becomes greater as an active oppression of sources of information tends to unite the soldiers as they have less distractions in the military. Eventually, the US would be forcefully taken by authoritarian regimes such as North Korea via a landing in California in the long term, that is forseeable.

More than that, gangs and drug rings could actually attack or manipulate people to join them or to die solely because bonding is prominent as well in those leadership groups. the US is quickly ridden by these underground criminals and the ass in the pain is collectively shared as a problem for all countries in the world.

Geniuses are being repressed because the power of friendship of three people each less than 1/3 of his collective abilities are able to get a massive boost due to their "friendship". Scientific progress halts because... well, those who win are almost guaranteed to not be lonely geniuses or at that level except for fields where no one cares about, like geology. Nepotism springs upward as well as their interpersonal bond with the wealthy and the powerful and the related can manifest tangibly instead of figuratively. Opportunities are given towards those who wouldn't deserve it fully and rightfully, and in all fields a tyranny of the many would quickly become the status quo as those who side with the initiator on anything could possibly win just by the bond, even if the initiator calls batshit crazy stuff such as increasing the educational spending & funding up to $500B.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Skipper_Sr
I wish I can get rightfully accepted into MIT.

Skipper_Sr
Debates: 10
Skipper_Sr
-->
@Intelligence_06
Granted. Sadly, the US military is corrupt rendering the power of friendship negligible because the soldiers aren't united within nor are they united against their enemy factions, they just want to get their pay by shooting some middle eastern people and leave. Same goes for the Russian and Ukrainian armies.

However, the power of the brotherhood quickly becomes prominent for the North Korean army and they would take South Korea by force. The force becomes greater as an active oppression of sources of information tends to unite the soldiers as they have less distractions in the military. Eventually, the US would be forcefully taken by authoritarian regimes such as North Korea via a landing in California in the long term, that is forseeable.

More than that, gangs and drug rings could actually attack or manipulate people to join them or to die solely because bonding is prominent as well in those leadership groups. the US is quickly ridden by these underground criminals and the ass in the pain is collectively shared as a problem for all countries in the world.

Geniuses are being repressed because the power of friendship of three people each less than 1/3 of his collective abilities are able to get a massive boost due to their "friendship". Scientific progress halts because... well, those who win are almost guaranteed to not be lonely geniuses or at that level except for fields where no one cares about, like geology. Nepotism springs upward as well as their interpersonal bond with the wealthy and the powerful and the related can manifest tangibly instead of figuratively. Opportunities are given towards those who wouldn't deserve it fully and rightfully, and in all fields a tyranny of the many would quickly become the status quo as those who side with the initiator on anything could possibly win just by the bond, even if the initiator calls batshit crazy stuff such as increasing the educational spending & funding up to $500B.

Is this a legitimate possibility you see in the US and/or happening in the world?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Skipper_Sr
Yes, if the “power of friendship” can be quantized.

82 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I wish I can get rightfully accepted into MIT.
But you are a small-dick nerd who cannot please a woman.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I wish I can climb mount everest.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@RationalMadman
You can climb Mount Everest but both your legs are paralysed. 

I wish i had the superpower of luck.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Reece101
I wish i had the superpower of luck.
I believe Pixar or something actually made an animated movie based on a girl who can manipulate luck. It was bad.

So, my corruption statement is: Granted, but the only available power you are able to utilize is to use say-a month worth of luck on an instant. So if you get $2M on a lottery on purpose/on command, say-you are going to be unlucky for the next month, who knows, maybe you are going to get your peaking earnings stolen by a cyber thief or something.

I wish that African people who cannot get water get enough water to thrive for the rest of their lives, preferably with a stable source of water like a spring, a lake, wells, etc.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
But you are a small-dick nerd who cannot please a woman.
Dude, I am talking MIT, not OSU, do you seriously think I would care about that if I am in MIT?

IMO, a better response would be,
Granted, but the courses in MIT are so grueling and arduous that you can’t comprehend anything the professors lecture about. Eventually you flunk your classes, drop out, and re-enroll in an ordinary university re-starting as a freshman one year later than the average freshman.

27 days later

Average_Person
Debates: 20
Average_Person
so you ask for a wish, then someone replies asking for another wish and adding a constraint to yours?
Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
-->
@Intelligence_06
I wish that African people who cannot get water get enough water to thrive for the rest of their lives, preferably with a stable source of water like a spring, a lake, wells, etc.
90% of the African population is killed instantly, fixing the water shortage.

I wish for the ability to reply to my own forum posts.
Savant
Savant
I wish for the ability to reply to my own forum posts.
Response: Ok but you're also God
Savant
Savant
I realize this breaks the chain, so something will have to be done...

As God, the next person should respond to Reece's post with another caveat.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
I wish that I could outwish all other wishes.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@zedvictor4
I wish that I could outwish all other wishes.
Your wish is granted, but you’ll wish you didn’t wish that.

I’ll do an easy one. I wish i was the fastest person alive.

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
This is a callout thread by definition. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@TWS1405_2
Who is the target?
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Reece101
I wish i was the fastest person alive.
Wish granted, everyone who was faster than you perishes.

I wish there to be a silver-bullet cure for cancer.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Barney
No one. 

Just a test to see if anyone was paying attention. 
Thx
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Barney
@TWS1405_2
I wish there to be a silver-bullet cure for cancer.
Your wish is granted. All attempts at curing cancer results in the patient being fattily shot with a silver bullet.

I wish TWS1405_2 would make a wish.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Reece101
Advocating violence towards another member…you’re cool (NOT)!
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@TWS1405_2
If you think wishing that you would make a wish is violence, then that’s your problem.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Reece101
Psychological projection. You made that wish. Not I. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@TWS1405_2
I wish TWS1405_2 would make a wish.
Granted, but he did not follow the format proposed for this thread despite proposing on this thread.

I wish that I could be good at basketball.