Do any conservatives disagree with this?

Author: bmdrocks21

Total: 44
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
To be honest, probably both.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@bmdrocks21
@Main Point
I don't much like broad sweeping policy, it seems to me difficult to implement/calibrate.
Seems better that people implement such policies on smaller, more community minded level.

@Well the disappearance of certain subgroups would make the world a whole lot worse, so we should attempt to keep certain subgroups around
Subjectively I'd agree, objectively it's a bit harder.
Subcultures being born, aging, dying, seems as natural as such for a human.
History is full of such occurrences after all.

Though when subcultures are 'stomped out, it does send a bad message, one of devaluation of others.
I don't think zedvictor4's arguing for that though.

I suppose you could make the argument, that the world is better with certain good people in it.
But it's the nature of humans to die, and some other good people will replace them ideally.
Though sure subcultures can still use healthy exercise, diet, and medicine to stick around, spread good will and ideas.

Subjectively though, I feel you bmdrocks21.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
imo the incentive/reward for doing something is better than paying someone to do something.
Let's say you want to go to college, you put a deposit/finance of x amount down, if you get a 3.7-4.0 gpa the debt is forgiven which is a pretty good incentive to do well.  I think this can be applied to a number of things and tweaked to make it work as best as it can.

I recall people going to college on 100% financial aid, they wouldn't show up to class, fk around, not even try, it's not like they had to pay it back when they flunked out.  Do you see the problem?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I would think that this program would be just like the one you preferred. In your case, the desired result of the lender is a 3.7-4.0 GPA. In my case, the desired result is larger families. They get paid after said result is achieved.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
ah I see, there is a way I'm sure, but it would also have to require the children are raised and cared for properly, it's a complex issue.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Yeah, this obviously isn't meant to be some comprehensive guide. There are a lot of variables that need working out. Like what happens if they are later determined to be unfit parents? Do you preempt that with some sort of interview? What happens during a divorce? A lot of relevant questions that don't necessarily need answering right now. I'm proposing this policy in a vacuum to see if self-described conservatives would hypothetically support a similar plan.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
one concern I would has is, where's the money coming from?  would this increase taxes etc
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Where does money come from?

Interesting question if you think about it.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
It is uncertain because some of these benefits are activated based on how many kids you have. So, based on personal choices, there could be more or less spending. I would also foresee this taking government spending away from other government programs like government housing.

There are a lot of places that we can take funding away from to afford this, like ending forever wars. So assuming all of that is true, I wouldn't foresee a huge change in taxes.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@bmdrocks21
getting people off of entitlements is what I call progressive and a good idea, reallocation of funding for such a system makes more sense to me than the current system.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@bmdrocks21
Well this, ladies and gentlemen, is what you like to see. I have been noticing that we agree on more than I expected. Thought you were #YangGang
I liked Yang a lot because he was the only democrat who didn’t seem like a radical (Sanders) a transparent puppet (Biden, Buttigeg) or someone who has a seething ethnic hatred towards people like me (Warren, Harris). His policy focused approach was extremely refreshing even if I thought many of his policies were bad.  
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@bmdrocks21
The US currently has 4% of the world population, and our native population is dying. If anything, the Third World should be having less kids, not us.
I think the third world is reducing their fertility rates.  We need to get people in the third world contraception to reduce their poverty and abortion count.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheUnderdog
Or just drop some anthrax on them. I don't want to pay for their contraception.

That percentage of world population wasn't really a big point of interest for this thread though, lol.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
I liked Yang a lot because he was the only democrat who didn’t seem like a radical (Sanders) a transparent puppet (Biden, Buttigeg) or someone who has a seething ethnic hatred towards people like me (Warren, Harris). His policy focused approach was extremely refreshing even if I thought many of his policies were bad.  

I thought Tulsi was pretty decent compared to the rest of them. I didn't mind Yang, either. He made a lot of good points about the dangers of automation for the working class.

If you are indeed worried about ethnic hatred towards you, I don't think that it is currently possible to vote Democrat, personally. They just push me further right every day lol.