Total: 54
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
This game may not happen, especially if low interest is shown. There will be a thematic split, it may or may not be obvious.

This is semi role-madness. Flavouring will be involved. There will be thirdparty if the cast is big enough.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
/in 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
/in
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
what is PotC?
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@MisterChris
Pirates of the Caribbean.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
@SirAnonymous
Really? Well hell, count me /in
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
3 signups so far

Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
how many players u looking for
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Bullish
I'm not worried. If it's not enough I'm patient.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Oh I thought this was some random game that I’ve never heard of

/in
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
  1. Skittlez
  2. Supa
  3. Chris
  4. Pie

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
What are your rules as far as censorship goes, for modding?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
is this mafia?
Lunatic
Lunatic
is this mafia?
yeah potc stands for pirates of the carribeAn
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I censor everything
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
I censor everything
Whelp, good luck then I guess lol

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I don't even understand the question
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't even understand the question
Like if two members are arguing and its gets slightly heated are you gonna threaten to mod kill one or the other
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Depends. The mods on this site are hypocrites and probably will handle it wrong so I may need to.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, again, good luck.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Why not sign up if you actually wish me good luck?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
Why not sign up if you actually wish me good luck?
I'm not signing up for a game where mods threaten to ban players for censorship reasons. Bullish threatened to modkill me in his game because I called someone a "cvnt nugget" after they said I was horrible at mafia. This is pretty mild  compared to some of the stuff I've said in other games, and I'd rather just know what mods rules are involving censorship before I sign up for games from now on. I find it pretty condescending to play mod like that as a mafia moderator. Also it was one quip, and we moved on from it. I fundamentally have a problem with that.

I just want to know what I am signing up for in future games.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
While your reply was a bad reaction (and actually you don't need to change the 'u' to a 'v' there's no in-built filter in DART), it could be resolved in better ways than a modkill.

I am all about rehabilitation.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't even agree with so much as a slap on the wrist lol. It's beyond ridiculous that this site caters to crybabies so heavily. The blocking and reporting is way out of hand. If two members have an issue, let them hash it out. It's a fundamental problem with this site, and it's a bit tiring.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I'm not sure your issue is with this site then. Try to say that on facebook or in real life as a reaction to someone saying you are bad at something, the discipline will happen.

What you describe as the 'right to hash it out' is an illusion because why don't the mods have the right to hash it out with you too? It's their game you're in. I don't agree with retributive-rooting in justice. It should be about solving the issue. The player who was calling you bad and making you feel hurt should also be encouraged to apologise and clean up their act. There's no reason to abuse each other unless moderators truly are neglecting things entirely and it's really a trollfest. In that case, leaving the site is often better than engaging the trolls.
Lunatic
Lunatic
I'm not sure your issue is with this site then. Try to say that on facebook or in real life as a reaction to someone saying you are bad at something, the discipline will happen.

What you describe as the 'right to hash it out' is an illusion because why don't the mods have the right to hash it out with you too? It's their game you're in. I don't agree with retributive-rooting in justice. It should be about solving the issue. The player who was calling you bad and making you feel hurt should also be encouraged to apologise and clean up their act. There's no reason to abuse each other unless moderators truly are neglecting things entirely and it's really a trollfest. In that case, leaving the site is often better than engaging the trolls.

Over censorship isn't the answer, freedom of speech is what attracted people to DDO. My little spat with bearman was over quicker than it started so the fact that it was brought up at all over 24 hours later makes no sense. Moderators feeling like they have to get involved in every little thing is the issue. Their only concern for rulebreaks should be stuff that confirms people to others in the game; IE copy pasting role PM's, outside PM's, etc. 

I'm not defending facebook, that site is sh1t, and part of the reason I would come to DDO. You can have a discussion with someone you don't see eye to eye with and the other party doesn't have to get instantly offended and block you. The reason DDO had appeal was because of the freedom of speech. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
Freedom of speech is about the government allowing you to express your political and religious outlook. Even that has limits if it brings harm.

You are harming Bearman with your speech, it has 0% positive impact on either his emotions, your emotions or the game.

It is very important to get to the root of why he was criticising you and why you lashed out verbally to maintain decorum in the game and keep it pleasant not just for you but the others in the game with you.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Agree to disagree. I will not be signing up for games where I have to censor myself.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
I am not going to pander to sympathising with bullies just to justify that I oppose a ban on myself and a moderation team that polices it.

Ragnar and David selectively moderate with disproportionate sentences that have no rehabilitative measures at all. A 'restraining order' can help when rehabilitation has failed but they sooner ban you than use them and sooner use them than encourage reconcilitation.

Moderation is a very artistic job, it is not a strict science, the nuances are not for all to catch.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
@RM 

If you don't like this place, then leave. If you do, deal with it.