Technology Mafia - Endgame

Author: Bullish

Total: 85
Bullish
Debates: 0
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
When I played on DDO the user 1harder called me an asshole and said my behaviour in game directly decreased the enjoyment of at least 1 other player. I never even called him a cunt, the furthest I go is call people bad/stupid players, which is the same line I draw in my games. I've toned it down since then and this is why I enforce the rule.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@BearMan
I disagree with the Lunatic modkill. It's perfectly fine to have bouts with other players. Nobody really cares, this isn't a site for three year olds.
Imagine thinking that not name calling people is a sign of immaturity.

BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@drafterman
I'm saying if you be overly toxic that someone called you a name you are immature.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
When I played on DDO the user 1harder called me an asshole and said my behaviour in game directly decreased the enjoyment of at least 1 other player. I never even called him a cunt, the furthest I go is call people bad/stupid players, which is the same line I draw in my games. I've toned it down since then and this is why I enforce the rule.
So Cunt is like a trigger word for you or something? I personally think being called bad or stupid is worse than cunt. Especially if the person you are calling cunt is a male lol. That's also the one of the most commonly used insult in England. 
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
IMO "cunt" is worse than "fuck" but can still be said, unlike the n-word. I know it's no big deal to say cunt in australia but I'm pretty sure everyone in this game is American.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
IMO "cunt" is worse than "fuck" but can still be said, unlike the n-word. I know it's no big deal to say cunt in australia but I'm pretty sure everyone in this game is American.
Regardless, my point is that you are more offended by the word cunt than the "victim" was. That's again a YOU problem. You aren't offended by the words "stupid ass" "apparently.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Part of the main reason I like playing mafia is that you can be aggressive with people and clean slate it going into the next game.
Amen
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
BearMan called Lunatic out for his gameplay in Naruto and Lunatic responded in the same fashion. I don’t see how it’s a personal insult. Both were attacking the play itself.

They both ended up dropping the topic anyways
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@Lunatic
Like I said I wasn't even insulted I can't possibly be offended. When you called bear a cunt u didn't know he was gonna be cool with it. If this was someone else's game and we were both in it, and u called me a cunt, I'd be like "that's uncalled for but ok." But his is my game, my rules, you don't insult someone like that.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
Like I said I wasn't even insulted I can't possibly be offended. When you called bear a cunt u didn't know he was gonna be cool with it. If this was someone else's game and we were both in it, and u called me a cunt, I'd be like "that's uncalled for but ok." But his is my game, my rules, you don't insult someone like that.
Like I said, you should say that you are a snowflake in the sign ups so we don't waste either of our time in the future. It's whatever, I know not to play in a bullish game now. Im not even mad. But if you keep defending this obviously sh1tty mod kill I will keep proving you wrong.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Bullish
Lol you get mad when someone calls you a cunt?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Vader
Lol you get mad when someone calls you a cunt?
You mean funt?😂

BearMan
BearMan
Man the worst someone's ever called me is a :

Side shifter dense ass piece of fuck
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Describe her well. Fucking dangerous + cunt
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Bullish
I don't really think anyone cares about being called names unless its really bad. (n-word and social slurs).

Lunatic's modkill was uncalled for, insulting someone's play is exactly what he did. Calling me a cvnt nugget was sure, inappropriate but both of us dropped it and nobody really cared. The gameplay resumed as normal. 

In a small community like this, you have to take in the perspective of both people. You can't take a corporate approach and apply policies onto everyone. This is a small niche community filled with intelligent minds. If all it takes to ruin your life is to insult you, that's pretty sad.

Now I have never hosted a mafia game, but this seems unfair. I've done some bad things in mafia like as Supa pointed out, trying to IP log someone. I didn't even get modkilled by that, because Supa actually took time to understand what happened. He didn't take a corporate approach and label things as good or bad automatically.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@BearMan
Side shifter dense ass piece of fuck
Tf does that even mean lmaooo
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
@Bullish
well I think you're both pretty
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
@Bullish

Bullish is Metroman, Lunatic is Megamind
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Bullish
Supa was speaking to gameplay in both those instances.
You are assuming his meaning for him lol. Maybe I was speaking to bears gameplay too lol

Yeah they all had the same fundamental issue which I addressed to Bearman. For your insults I issued a warning, not a modkill. The modkill was for multiple reasons including that one, the chief reason being outside game talk.
The warning is ridiculous. I was gonna get modkilled under that rule set on accident. Im not going to change the way I talk because you don't like it.

I'm also speaking to your interaction with other players. I read every post in every game I'm in and every game I mod, I've never had the reaction I had when I saw you call bear a cunt. It didn't have to be a big deal until you talked about the game in RM's thread. All you had to do was not call anybody a cunt.
You made it a big deal by patronizing me for it lol. And following through with it instead of admitting wrong.

Well it's my memory vs yours then, since there's no text record.

I'll believe you if you believe me when I say that I don't have a vendetta against you and would never let pride cloud my modding decisions.
k.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Can we let this go, it is something of the past. If you got modkilled, that is it, you either stop talking like that or you tell the mods later that "bad language" warrants for no modkill.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Intelligence_06
Can we let this go, it is something of the past. If you got modkilled, that is it, you either stop talking like that or you tell the mods later that "bad language" warrants for no modkill.
I don't care that I was mod killed, like I said it was benefit for town. I think bullish was wrong for not stating the rule in the beginning of the game though. Also I think he didn't use the same judgment for supa. As long as he is defending his actions, I will respond.
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@ILikePie5
I was playing a racing game and kept on crashing this toxic guy onto the side
Vader
Vader
-->
@BearMan
To be fair, I was close to modkilling, but was swayed in the other direction because I had a zero tolerance policy and it overall didn't effect the game too much
Vader
Vader
-->
@BearMan
I also am a hands off moderator. I don't like to intervene unless a CoC violation occurred. I also said it is up for the moderation team to decide if you should be banned, and they gave you a warn. I just added the zero tolerance after your warn. I've been modkilled for asking a player in the PM to make a roleclaim list, which was bullshit IMO. I tend to be very hands off.

41 days later

Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman