Atheists, stop nitpicking the bible ridiculously; theists, stop interpreting the Bible so literally.

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 41
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@SkepticalOne
Most atheists don't bother, and neither do most theists.

A few atheists nit pick and a few theists are over zealous. Which makes discussion interesting.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Lemming
Depending on context, yes, I'm thinking.
Great. What are the answers to my questions?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@SkepticalOne
1. Are atheists REALLy nitpicking..or pointing out what requires little interpretation? 
2. Are theists REALLY interpreting the Bible too literally...how do you know?
To Q1,Yes and no, and to Q2, yes and no.
'I think.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Lemming
Lol! Well, that's as clear as mud. Would you care to be more explicit?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@SkepticalOne
It's difficult to apply blanket statement to those two groupings.
It can only be applied to individuals and subgroups of those larger groups. Maybe.
Maybe Intelligence_06 means, the problem atheists and theists, maybe he argues 'most atheists and theists act that way, maybe he means 'vocal internet minority, maybe he's speaking of specific group of such individuals on a debate site, maybe he speaks of his personal experiences with atheists and theists in general.
I couldn't say.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Lemming
Agreed.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@SkepticalOne
(27)No. When The teacher says “stop bullying” she didn’t accuse of the non-bullies.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@SkepticalOne
So I meant those who do that. 
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Intelligence_06
What is your bedrock objection here. You have described a set of behaviors and prescribed against them but you have not detailed the negative consequences of the behavior. 
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Intelligence_06
That doesn't answer my questions. Your post seems to be stating those that do bad should stop...isn't that tautological? What makes something too critical or too literal from a Biblical perspective?

9 days later

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Intelligence_06
What are the theists' opinions on this?
Both extremes are stupid. As is the third extreme both groups commit of making up stuff they want the bible to say to put people down.

The bible is flawed. It need not be nitpicked with a fine tooth comb. Shitheads will use it or any other excuse to justify their evil, but such is not the fault of said excuses, it comes from their all too human evil (and occasional lack of souls).

The bible likewise should not be taken literally and simultaneously declared infallible. To do so, as I pointed out in another thread, leads to comedic things like men impregnating each other; or horrible things like God mind controlling Pharaoh as an excuse to kill innocent children and animals (still, God must really hate frogs for some odd reason).

at the time the bible is written, those foods are unclean, which, if you eat it, will make you sick, thus live a subpar life.
Having studied biblical history at university, it's more of a happy coincidence with some foods (which yes, connects to cultural Darwinism), but utterly senseless with others. It seems to have been instigated just to have another way to apply otherness.