-->
@Greyparrot
Saw that on Twitter 😂
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@ILikePie5
You have time to complain on DART but not enough time to watch an interview of the guy who’s the top witness in this whole debacle? Ok dude
You haven't specified the time within the video which contains the evidence. When people do not show you what you ask for and what would be easily obtainable, it generally means that they do not have it.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Death23
You haven't specified the time within the video which contains the evidence. When people do not show you what you ask for and what would be easily obtainable, it generally means that they do not have it.
The video is there, I’m not going to waste my time finding specific timestamps when you’re just going to disregard it anyways. The source is there. If you want to watch it, watch it. If not, then don’t ask for “evidence” because you’re too lazy to watch/read it
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
I thought Joe Biden was a middle class boy from Scranton🤔. Where’d rich come from?
Time and asset management?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@dustryder
asset management?

I'd say Hunter was a profitable asset for sure.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@dustryder
Time and asset management?
Aka Hunter, James, and Jim Biden
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@ILikePie5
Bringing it right back up to evidence
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
MSM having a really hard time censoring all the evidence.

I like the last part...Biden's "DIRECTOR OF RAPID RESPONSE" (what a title lol) did not respond to questions.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Thanks. Most people on the left are far too retarded to see what censorship leads to.
Do you not see the irony of that response? Trump covers stuff up constantly. He is just as corrupt, if not far more corrupt, than Joe. But you don't care about that because he is a republican. And yet your 1st response is to say that people on the left are "too retarded to see what censorship leads to". 

You ignore trumps corruption and his coverups, then insult people on the left for exactly what you are doing. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
additionally, this entire story makes no sense. Tucker is alleging that someone intercepted his texts, then went to another city and broke into a mail facility (or had someone on the inside), they were able to identify the exact package with the documents, they opened it and stole the documents rather than just take the whole envelope. They did all of this to steal copies of documents. Tucker admits he has digital copies of these. The person who sent them still has the originals. So stealing them accomplished absolutely nothing. If there was anything incriminating in these documents, that would still exist in multiple places. 

So basically, tucker says that someone committed multiple felonies all to minorly inconvenience him. This whole story is laughably stupid. And since Tucker lies constantly on his show, there is no reason to believe him. Why would anyone believe this?
Death23
Death23
-->
@ILikePie5
The video is there, I’m not going to waste my time finding specific timestamps when you’re just going to disregard it anyways. The source is there. If you want to watch it, watch it. If not, then don’t ask for “evidence” because you’re too lazy to watch/read it
Too lazy? No. Unwilling to sift through 17 minutes of footage? Yes. Unduly burdensome is unduly burdensome. The onus is on the claimant to present his evidence in a manner which is not unduly burdensome. You have not done that.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Death23
Too lazy? No. Unwilling to sift through 17 minutes of footage? Yes. Unduly burdensome is unduly burdensome. The onus is on the claimant to present his evidence in a manner which is not unduly burdensome. You have not done that.

How is 17 minutes unduly burdensome? This is exactly the reason why the MSM influences people like you. You’re so stuck on the 1 minute sound bite you have no idea about what the entire context is. Watch it front to back or don’t watch it at all. If you want to continue believing one minute sound bites from political pundits who are burying the story, then go ahead. The witness is there. His emails are there. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
How is 17 minutes unduly burdensome? This is exactly the reason why the MSM influences people like you. You’re so stuck on the 1 minute sound bite you have no idea about what the entire context is. 
listening to 17 minutes of Fox "news" propaganda to try to find something that isn't complete nonsense is rather burdensome (since it is all bullshit anyway). Especially since you have a proven track record of just ignoring any information which challenges your pre-determined opinion anyway. So going through that would be completely pointless. 
Death23
Death23
-->
@ILikePie5
How is 17 minutes unduly burdensome? This is exactly the reason why the MSM influences people like you. You’re so stuck on the 1 minute sound bite you have no idea about what the entire context is. Watch it front to back or don’t watch it at all. If you want to continue believing one minute sound bites from political pundits who are burying the story, then go ahead. The witness is there. His emails are there. 
17 minutes is too long. If there is any evidence in it then you can point to specific times within the video which show that evidence.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
listening to 17 minutes of Fox "news" propaganda to try to find something that isn't complete nonsense is rather burdensome (since it is all bullshit anyway). Especially since you have a proven track record of just ignoring any information which challenges your pre-determined opinion anyway. So going through that would be completely pointless. 
Listening to the other side is something you should be in a habit of doing. Then again, y’all are media puppets so🤷‍♂️
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Death23
17 minutes is too long. If there is any evidence in it then you can point to specific times within the video which show that evidence.
You’re welcome to watch it or not. The source is there. Either watch it, or say you don’t need sources cause you already have a viewpoint. 17 minutes is nothing when I’ve watch Biden events and Trump events that last 30-60 minutes. If you don’t have 17 minutes of your life to take out, then maybe you shouldn’t be on here arguing with me.
Death23
Death23
-->
@ILikePie5
You’re welcome to watch it or not. The source is there. Either watch it, or say you don’t need sources cause you already have a viewpoint. 17 minutes is nothing when I’ve watch Biden events and Trump events that last 30-60 minutes. If you don’t have 17 minutes of your life to take out, then maybe you shouldn’t be on here arguing with me.
Maybe you should present your evidence in a manner which isn't unduly burdensome. This is what you said -

I’m not going to waste my time finding specific timestamps when you’re just going to disregard it anyways.
Query: If you're not going to risk wasting your time, then why should I risk wasting mine?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
What's more, this is a debate site.  The thing that binds our community is our passion for making a reasoned argument.  Cut and pasting government manufactured propaganda that no respectable new source is willing to stand behind is sort of the opposite of this site's purpose and standard.

Censorship is "the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient."  So far, the news outlets that are refusing to run the story are doing so on the basis that the story is unproven.  Let's recall that FOX refused to break the laptop story because it was unproven.  Wall St. Journal interviewed Bobulinski and reviewed his documents but pointed out that Bobulinski's main claim (that Joe Biden discussed a Chinese business venture with his son) took place in 2017 when Joe was a independent civilian free to pursue business ventures in China and so not really an accusation worth reporting on. 

Ben Smith of The New York Times reported on October 25 that early that month a White House attorney, Eric Herschmann, and two other men devised a plan to present Bobulinski and a cache of emails about Hunter Biden to a Wall Street Journal reporter, expecting the paper to run a story. This was conveyed to the president, who expected the story would be published on October 19, according to Steve Bannon. Trump mentioned on a conference call with aides that the Journal would soon publish an "important piece". Word of this comment reached editors at the Journal, who reportedly resented the insinuation that the paper was "being teed up to do this hit job". Bannon asserted that Bobulinski "got spooked" about whether the story would run, and on October 21 he emailed a statement about his allegations to a variety of sources, including Breitbart, which published it in full. As the October 22 presidential debate was ending, the Journal published a short article reporting that Bobulinski did not prove his central claim that Joe Biden was involved in and profited from his son's lobbying
That is, the WSJ refused to print fake political propaganda manufactured by the government- that's not censorship, that is the fourth estate.  

Look, the pandemic has made separating the good news sources from the bad news sources pretty easy.  America is currently suffering from the worst mass casualty event since World War II.  Any news source that is reporting that the threat is exaggerated, blaming the doctors and praising the president's crisis management  is evidently corrupt and can be safely ignored as a source of unprejudiced fact.

Ultimately, its all just more of the same baseless bullshit.  Did you notice how the SInclair mouthpiece slyly hinted that Bobulinksi might be QAnon?  Hey, whatever it takes.   The bleach drinkers chant "lock them up, lock them up" but they're absurdly fuzzy on the who, what when, where, and disturbingly disinterested in the why or how.

Vote American.  Reject Trump.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Listening to the other side is something you should be in a habit of doing.
I have no problem listening to the other side. If i did, I wouldn't be here talking to you. But i'm not going to spend hours and hours of my life watching well known liars spew nonsense. If you want someone to review your "evidence", then it is incumbent upon you to tell us precisely where to find it. What you are are doing is roughly equivalent to saying that there is evidence you want us to read and it is in a book. You won't tell us what page or chapter it is in, just read the book. 

We obviously are not going to do that. Make your argument, tell us exactly where to find the "evidence" you want to present. If you can't do that, then why are you here?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Death23
Maybe you should present your evidence in a manner which isn't unduly burdensome. This is what you said -
A 17 minute video is burdensome? Instead of wasting your time arguing with me you should’ve watched it.

Query: If you're not going to risk wasting your time, then why should I risk wasting mine?
I did waste time in finding the video, because you asked for a source. You just seem to argue the entire time. If you’re going to deny context then that’s on you. I prefer to have the entire source available; you clearly don’t.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I have no problem listening to the other side. If i did, I wouldn't be here talking to you. But i'm not going to spend hours and hours of my life watching well known liars spew nonsense. If you want someone to review your "evidence", then it is incumbent upon you to tell us precisely where to find it. What you are are doing is roughly equivalent to saying that there is evidence you want us to read and it is in a book. You won't tell us what page or chapter it is in, just read the book. 
A 17 minute video isn’t a 500 page book or research journal dude. It would take you longer to read a chapter in a 500 page book than watch a 17 minute video lol

We obviously are not going to do that. Make your argument, tell us exactly where to find the "evidence" you want to present. If you can't do that, then why are you here?
It’s right in the source. The claim is simple: Bobulinski claims the “big man” in the verified emails refer to Joe Biden, who met with a member of Burisma.
Death23
Death23
-->
@ILikePie5
A 17 minute video is burdensome? Instead of wasting your time arguing with me you should’ve watched it.

I did waste time in finding the video, because you asked for a source. You just seem to argue the entire time. If you’re going to deny context then that’s on you. I prefer to have the entire source available; you clearly don’t.
The 5 minutes (max) it takes to identify the points within the video where such evidence is presented is too burdensome then too bad. There video probably has no evidence in it and is just people yacking on Fox News.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s right in the source. The claim is simple: Bobulinski claims the “big man” in the verified emails refer to Joe Biden, who met with a member of Burisma.
That's quite wrong, Pie.  You should go back and review the first 60 seconds of your own source and then you should read some reliable new sources.  One of the many problems with YouTube vids is that people do what you've just done- fill in the blanks with your own prejudgement.

Bobulinksi is not making any claim about Bursima or Ukraine

Bobulinki's email refers to a deal with CEFC China Energy Co. in 2017.  That's after Joe Biden is a private citizen free to chat about oil deals with his son's business associates

The claim is that the "big man" referenced with a question mark beside it is evidence that Joe Biden was going to get 10% cut but then then Bobulinski also states that Biden is the chairman in the email that states that the chairman nixxed the deal.  So, even if Bobulinksi could show that Joe Biden was big man/chairman the extent of his involvement was to say no thank you.

Bobulinksi is not offering evidence of a crime or misdeed.  The reason he is coming forth with China emails is because he says it refutes Joe Biden's claim that he never discusses business with his son.

I am totally willing to believe that Joe Biden lied when he said he never discusses business with son- that's not a crime or particularly unusual.  Trump is forbidden by law to discuss Trump Organization dealings with Donald Trump, Jr and he publicly denies that he does so but do you really think Trump has held his tongue about how his son is running his company?  

Bobulinksi's is not claiming to have any evidence about Burisma or Ukraine or the BIden's conduct while Biden was in office.  The reason you think that is because Tucker Carlson is careful to never make the distinction clear- yet another reason why he is not a journalist and ought not to be cited as a source of reliable information.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
Remember when McCarthy waved a piece of paper that he claimed had a list of 205 communists working for the State Dept. ? The fact that the paper was never submitted into evidence or ever seen again was irrelevant, the McCarthyists were required to believe in red panic and so the witch hunt proceeded.
All smoke and no fire.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL
--> @oromagi
Remember when McCarthy waved a piece of paper that he claimed had a list of 205 communists working for the State Dept. ? The fact that the paper was never submitted into evidence or ever seen again was irrelevant, the McCarthyists were required to believe in red panic and so the witch hunt proceeded.
All smoke and no fire.
Yes, although the problem with the smoke/fire analogy is that smoke always indicates that something is burning somewhere.  "Where there's smoke, there's fire" is the relevant aphorism.

A more apt analogy would be shouting "FIRE!" is a crowded movie theater, with the theater representing the present election and this Hunter Biden bullshit being the "FIRE!" a lie deliberately sensationalized to cause a panic and unnecessarily endanger the participants.  The shouting FIRE analogy originates from a Supreme Court argument adjudicated by Oliver Wendell Holmes, who used the analogy as an example of speech that First Amendment does not protect.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
"Where there's smoke, there's fire" is the relevant aphorism.
Have you ever tried to start a fire from an ember?

You get a lot of smoke, but technically you only get fire if you know what you're doing.

Also, you can burn pop-corn in a microwave and get a lot of smoke with no fire.

Also, sometimes you can mistake clouds of dust for smoke (without fire).

Even a smoke machine doesn't need fire in order to generate an alarming amount of smoke.

Also, dry ice.

Basically, SMOKE =/= FIRE
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@oromagi
The shouting FIRE analogy originates from a Supreme Court argument adjudicated by Oliver Wendell Holmes, who used the analogy as an example of speech that First Amendment does not protect.
And that's exactly why I always hate that analogy.

The patrons should be smart enough to look around and see if there's any smoke or anything without flying into a panic.

ALSO,

Do people typically panic and trample each other when their fire-alarm/smoke-alarm system is unexpectedly tripped?

Wouldn't this "danger" kind of make all fire-alarm/smoke-alarms counter productive??
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
We should also note that when Tucker Carlson says that these accusations have been flying around "for weeks" without getting reported he is referring to the intelligence document from Typhoon investigations- that the document that has been getting conservative wound up "for weeks."

The problem with that document is that has been shown to be entirely fraudulant.

One month before a purported leak of files from Hunter Biden's laptop, a fake "intelligence" document about him went viral on the right-wing internet, asserting an elaborate conspiracy theory involving former Vice President Joe Biden's son and business in China.

The document, a 64-page composition that was later disseminated by close associates of President Donald Trump, appears to be the work of a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, according to researchers and public documents.

The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator. The intelligence firm that Aspen lists as his previous employer said that no one by that name had ever worked for the company and that no one by that name lives in Switzerland, according to public records and social media searches.

One of the original posters of the document, a blogger and professor named Christopher Balding, took credit for writing parts of it when asked about it and said Aspen does not exist.

Despite the document's questionable authorship and anonymous sourcing, its claims that Hunter Biden has a problematic connection to the Communist Party of China have been used by people who oppose the Chinese government, as well as by far-right influencers, to baselessly accuse candidate Joe Biden of being beholden to the Chinese government.

The document and its spread have become part of a wider effort to smear Hunter Biden and weaken Joe Biden's presidential campaign, which moved from the fringes of the internet to more mainstream conservative news outlets.

An unverified leak of documents — including salacious pictures from what President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and a Delaware Apple repair store owner claimed to be Hunter Biden's hard drive — were published in the New York Post on Oct. 14. Associates close to Trump, including Giuliani and former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, have promised more blockbuster leaks and secrets, which have yet to materialize.

The fake intelligence document, however, preceded the leak by months, and it helped lay the groundwork among right-wing media for what would become a failed October surprise: a viral pile-on of conspiracy theories about Hunter Biden.
Behind Typhoon

The Typhoon Investigations document was first posted in September to Intelligence Quarterly, an anonymous blog "dedicated to collecting important daily news," according to its "about" section. Historical domain records show the blog was registered to Albert Marko, a self-described political and economic adviser, who also lists the blog on his Twitter bio. When asked about the provenance of the document, Marko said he received it from Balding.

Balding, previously an associate professor at Fulbright University Vietnam who studied the Chinese economy and financial markets, posted the document on his blog on Oct. 22, seven weeks after it was initially published.

"I had really not wanted to do this but roughly 2 months ago I was handed a report about Biden activities in China the press has simply refused to cover. I want to strongly emphasize I did not write the report but I know who did," Balding said in an email.
Balding later claimed to NBC News that he wrote some of the document.

"I authored small parts of the report and was involved in report preparation and review. As a researcher, and due to the understandable worry about foreign disinformation, it was paramount that the report document activity from acknowledged and public sources," Balding said. "Great care was taken to document, cite, and retain information so that acknowledged facts could be placed in the public domain."

A viral dossier about Hunter Biden was written by "Martin Aspen," a fake identity whose profile picture was created by artificial intelligence.TyphoonInvesti1 / via Twitter

Balding said Aspen is "an entirely fictional individual created solely for the purpose of releasing this report." Balding did not name the document's main author, saying "the primary author of the report, due to personal and professional risks, requires anonymity."

Balding claimed that the document was commissioned by Apple Daily, a Hong Kong-based tabloid that is frequently critical of the Chinese government. A spokesperson for Apple Daily confirmed it had worked with Balding on the document.
In addition to posting the document to his blog, Balding also promoted it in far-right media, appearing on Bannon's podcast and on "China Unscripted," a podcast produced by The Epoch Times, a pro-Trump media outlet opposed to the Chinese government.
Balding, an American who taught economics at China's Peking University HSBC Business School until 2018, is often critical of the Chinese government. He made news this year as a source uncovering a global bulk data collection operation by the Chinese company Shenzhen Zhenhua Data Technology.

Blog posts highlighting the most salacious parts of the document, including articles from the Intelligence Quarterly Blog, Revolver News and Balding's blog, received 70,000 public interactions — which includes reactions, comments and shares — across Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, according to the social media analysis tool BuzzSumo.

Balding's blog was the primary driver of virality in conservative and conspiracy communities. The report itself was shared across Facebook and Twitter around 5,000 times, according to BuzzSumo, and more than 80 sites linked back to the blog, which was shared more than 25,000 times on Facebook and Twitter. Hyperpartisan and conspiracy sites like ZeroHedge and WorldNetDaily led the pack.

After the promise of a big reveal one day earlier, the document was also posted on the extremist forum 8kun by Q, the anonymous account behind the QAnon conspiracy theory movement.

On Twitter, the document was pushed by influencers in the QAnon community, as well as by Dinggang Wang, an anti-Chinese government YouTube personality who works for Guo Wengui, a billionaire who fled China amid accusations of bribery and other crimes. Republican Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, tweeted the document to his 2.3 million followers.

'Immediately suspicious'
The document gained attention from disinformation researchers in part because of the image of the document's author.
Elise Thomas, a researcher at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, first spotted telltale signs of a fake photo when she went searching for Typhoon Investigations' Aspen on the web. Thomas found a Twitter account for Aspen named @TyphoonInvesti1, which had posted a link to Typhoon's WordPress page that contained the document on Aug. 15.

The profile picture for Aspen immediately showed signs of being a computer-generated image that can be created by computers and even some websites. Aspen's ears were asymmetrical, for one, but his left eye is what gave away that he did not really exist. Aspen's left iris juts out and appears to form a second pupil, a somewhat frequent error with computer-generated faces.
"The most obvious tell was the irregular shape of the irises," Thomas said. "The profile picture looks pretty convincing in the Twitter thumbnail, but when I popped it up into full view I was immediately suspicious."

Thomas then consulted with Ben Nimmo, director of investigations at the analytics company Graphika, who noted the other telltale sign of a computer-generated face.

"One of the things he and his team have figured out is that if you layer a lot of these images over the top of one another, the eyes align," Thomas said. "He did that with this image, and the eyes matched up."

Other parts of Aspen's identity were clearly stolen from disparate parts of the web. Aspen's Facebook page was created in August, and it featured only two pictures, both from his "new house," which were tracked back to reviews on the travel website Tripadvisor. The logo for Typhoon Investigations was lifted from the Taiwan Fact-Checking Center, a digital literacy nonprofit.

Aspen claimed on his LinkedIn profile to have worked for a company called Swiss Security Solutions from 2016 to 2020. Swiss Security Solutions denied having ever employed anyone named Aspen, and it said it had found fake accounts for two other people pretending to have worked for the company.

"Martin Aspen was never a freelancer or worker of the Swiss Security Solutions. We do not know this person. According to our Due Diligence Software, this person does not exist in Switzerland," Swiss Security Solutions Chairman Bojan Ilic said, adding that the company has reported the profile to LinkedIn.

Fake faces

Computer-generated faces have become a staple of large-scale disinformation operations in the run-up to the election. In December, Facebook took down a network of fake accounts using computer-created faces tied to The Epoch Times. Facebook removed over 600 accounts tied to the operation, which pushed pro-Trump messages and even served as moderators of some Facebook groups. Stephen Gregory, publisher of the U.S. editions of The Epoch Times, has denied any connection to the accounts.
Last month, Facebook removed another batch of computer-generated profiles originating in China and the Philippines, some of which made anti-Trump posts.

Renee DiResta, a researcher at the Stanford Internet Observatory, said computer-created identities are becoming common for disinformation campaigns, in part because they are easy to create.

DiResta, who helped examine a ring of AI-generated faces tied to the conservative nonprofit Turning Point USA last month, said computer-generated profile pictures can be used to "build an army of fake people" to artificially support a cause or to make "disinformation operations harder to discover."

"One of the things that investigators look at to understand the narrative that is spreading is whether the accounts are authentic, whether they're real," DiResta said. "If they were to use a stock photo, it confirms something dishonest is likely happening. By using an AI-generated face, you're guaranteeing you won't find that person elsewhere on the internet."

CORRECTION (Oct 30, 2020. 11:19 a.m. ET): An earlier version of this article misstated Christopher Balding’s position at Fulbright University Vietnam. As of Thursday afternoon, the university had listed him as being currently employed, but later put out a statement saying he was a former professor. He is no longer an employee of the university as of Sept. 10, 2020.
A Trump blogger now admits to writing the intel assesment.  The mysterious Hong Kong business who financed the fake identities now claims his "assistant did it"  Newt Gingrich bought the fake docos hook, line, and sinker which means either he didn't consult with intelligence experts (who would have immediately spotted the fake) or didn't sufficiently care whether the claim was valid or not to seek an expert opinion.  Either way, I think we've established that Gingrich can't be trusted as a source of reliable information.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL
--> @oromagi
The shouting FIRE analogy originates from a Supreme Court argument adjudicated by Oliver Wendell Holmes, who used the analogy as an example of speech that First Amendment does not protect.
And that's exactly why I always hate that analogy.

The patrons should be smart enough to look around and see if there's any smoke or anything without flying into a panic.

ALSO,

Do people typically panic and trample each other when their fire-alarm/smoke-alarm system is unexpectedly tripped?

Wouldn't this "danger" kind of make all fire-alarm/smoke-alarms counter productive??
The aphorism dates from an age before fire exits and maximum occupancy regulations. Around the turn of the 20th century, people were packing into movie theaters that took a long time to exit.  FIres in theaters were commonplace and could quickly kill lots of people.

For example, 115 people died in 1902 when a fight broke out in an Alabama church and people mistook "fight" for "fire"

In 1913, somebody falsely yelled "fire" at a packed Christmas Party in Michigan and 73 people were crushed to death in the panic.
That famous event took place just a few years before Holmes's popularized the analogy.