Is the Bible True?

Author: Jarrett_Ludolph

Total: 39
Utanity
Debates: 0
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
do you believe the bible is the word of God or do you believe Jesus is the word of God? 

Why are you unpacking anything that I didn't even wrap up anyway? I said exactly what you said which is that the bible is the word of God so it must be true. But your question is good though because we believe in everything through Jesus since he is our saviour and he is as good as talking to God.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
do you believe the bible is the word of God or do you believe Jesus is the word of God? 

Why are you unpacking anything that I didn't even wrap up anyway? I said exactly what you said which is that the bible is the word of God so it must be true. But your question is good though because we believe in everything through Jesus since he is our saviour and he is as good as talking to God
Do you believe Jesus is GOD? 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
We talk to Jesus so it is like talking to God and God does things through Jesus so that when we talk to God we are really talking to Jesus, And when we talk to Jesus we are talking to God which is the same thing. Jesus said that he and God are one and he almost got stoned on it but that doesn't mean that he means that he is God though. But I think God is Jesus which is different because God is being himself to us through Jesus but Jesus is still different though.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
We talk to Jesus so it is like talking to God and God does things through Jesus so that when we talk to God we are really talking to Jesus, And when we talk to Jesus we are talking to God which is the same thing. Jesus said that he and God are one and he almost got stoned on it but that doesn't mean that he means that he is God though. But I think God is Jesus which is different because God is being himself to us through Jesus but Jesus is still different though.
Thanks for responding.  I take the view that the Bible indicates that Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity. Do you believe in the Trinity and if so, do you think Jesus is the Son, the second person of the Trinity? 

And if not, then can you explain to me how there is only one true God and yet still call Jesus God?  Would that not make Jesus a false god? 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
And if not, then can you explain to me how there is only one true God and yet still call Jesus God?  Would that not make Jesus a false god? 
Thats being dumb. If you say that Jesus is God then God isn't false so that therefore Jesus is not a false God.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen

You made a claim. You haven't supported your won claims.  It is a baseless claim made only from what only you believe you heard , seen or read. It is a totally unsupported claim.
Why do you think I need to prove it to you?

OK. So if I make a claim any claim about anything are you going to accept my claim without any supporting evidence or proof? 
No. But I would not think that you owe me proof. You can give proof if you want, or not give it if you don't want. I've told you I don't really care what you believe. I was answering someone else's question about why I believed something when you barged in demanding "proof" of what I believe. I need offer you no "proof" of why I believe something, and asking for proof of a belief is kinda silly.

How  hypocritical.  But hypocrisy doesn't effect you bloody minded Christians one bit does it? And neither do your own use of double standards.
Lol.

You was also told that you couldn't use  "because the Bible says so".  But that didn't stop you telling us that it was verses in   the bible to believe it was true. Which, to my own delight,  you did by quoting two verses from the bible that tell you us caused you to  "find out"  it is true
The verses told me what to do in order to find out if the words were true. I did it and found out the bible is true. Had I done it and not found out, I would have concluded the bible is not true. All you need is to read more slowly and take off the bias glasses.

The verse told you !!!!!!!?  what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!?  and you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? However did simply words cause you to do that? 
That is what language is for. Conveying information.

"Words are words. And that is all they are". #45  Tradesecret
And   
"The Bible is a book. It can't cause anything" .#3  Tradesecret
Are you confused? I'm not Tradesecret. Address what I say to me. Address what others say to them.

Here you are right from the Reverends mouth...
I don't know what this has to do with you or me. Stay on topic.

Its all very on topic ethang5  and you have blown your best buddies stupid statements CLEEEEEEEEEAN out of the water. 
OK. Now deal with what I said. Or should I quit so you can yell crazily at Tradesecret?

And here again, admitting that  "WORDS TOLD YOU" something. that WORDS  And that WORDS driected you somwhere
I don't have reading comprehension problems.

Yet here you are,   telling us that just 40  words out of  the 783,137 in the bible, caused you  to "find out"  the bible was all true.
Finding out that I got exactly what the words told me I would get if I followed their directions proved to me that they were true.

Calm down

Never been calmer princess. Those capitals are for emphasis only. just so everyone get the message , especially you!
Lol. OK, but if you get any calmer you're going to have a seizure.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
Thats being dumb. If you say that Jesus is God then God isn't false so that therefore Jesus is not a false God.
Hi Utanity - you are making me smile with your mature thinking. 

You said Jesus was God and then you said he was not.  You are the one being illogical. 

I said Jesus is the second person of the Trinity and that if Jesus is not part of the Trinity then he must be a false god. That is quite logical if the Trinity is the ONE TRUE GOD.

I notice you did not respond to my question about whether you believe in the Trinity or not.  

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
Jesus is god and god is Jesus are 2 different things and its just that you dont understand what it is that I wrote because I wrote all about it. And you didnt ask about the trinity so you are forgetting also.  And the trinity is about the three persons of the Christian Godhead; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit which is what I said anyway except that the holy spirit which is god anyway and all people are doing is calling the same thing three different names. But then you get the bible calling god the father, the god and the holy spirit so theres a trinity then you add Jesus so that it really more than a trinity because trinity means three of them. Then if you look at Jesus he has all different names so that trinity just makes it more simple to say all that in not so many words.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
Ok. Utanity,

You have your views.  Good for you. 

Are you interested in discussing these matters or are you so adamant you are correct, that there is no point. 

It's ok. I don't mind either way.