Oromagi's "close call" debates

Author: seldiora

Total: 11
seldiora
Debates: 158
seldiora
though Oromagi has won 92 debates in a row, I decided to comb through his debates to see if anyone had a remote chance of defeating him or not. Here is the list of the people who I believe came the closest to tying or even beating him:

- Americans National Pride (VS Jeff_Goldblum): Jeff had previously won against the mighty Ramshutu and MisterChris. Ragnar's tie vote goes to show how difficult it was to judge this debate. It's hard to say if Whiteflame would've judged the same. 
- MA> CA (Vs Trent0405): With Trent's highly unusual topics being his forte, you'd think Oromagi would struggle with low character count, but he takes this one nicely. 
-- Germany > France (Vs Trent0405): Proving Oromagi's worth even in Trent's remote fortress once again, it's clearly quite tricky to beat Oromagi. 

So I guess unless Ragnar goes all rogue or Whiteflame challenges him to the 100th debate, we won't see him being truly challenged or defeated. I expected Jeff to have a chance especially due to MisterChris's prowess falling short against him, but I guess Oromagi has really improved since DDO. My bet is Oromagi is likely now better than Ragnar, because Ragnar doesn't take big chances with more difficult debaters (MisterChris and the gang). I'm not sure who will win with Whiteflame vs Oromagi on his 100th debate, but it'll be a show to see for sure.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@seldiora
My debate against Jeff was unfinished... I planned on rematching against him when I had more time but it looks like he's gone AWOL
Juice
Debates: 1
Juice
I'll give you a run for your money Oromagi. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Juice
From your positions so far, I'm not sure Oromgai even would debate you. Oromagi is a specialized debater, and is very careful about the debate topics they choose. Not to say they couldn't or are bad at other things, but I'm not sure if your usual style is in their preferred wheelhouse.
Juice
Debates: 1
Juice
-->
@Theweakeredge
What's my debating style?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Juice
I meant more like the topics you choose, Transgender and Systemic Racism so far, I might've seen Orogmagi except one debate on the latter, but their usual debates aren't about stuff like that.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Theweakeredge
@Juice
@Juice
I meant more like the topics you choose, Transgender and Systemic Racism so far, I might've seen Orogmagi except one debate on the latter, but their usual debates aren't about stuff like that.
I don't know what you mean but I am curious.   I mean I might be interested in some trans and racism topics.  I generally like to take a liberal position.

It looks like you guys are developing a long high quality debate on trans stuff right now.  I see one systemic racism debate but Juice is not on it.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@oromagi
Aw, you think little ole' me is developing a quality debate? Consider me flattered. Especially considering your record here, any tips or critiques would be much appreciated!
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
It feels like a lot of new guys with a lot of skills are showing up this fall.  

27 days later

Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@oromagi
You ain't lyin
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi