Germany is more powerful than France, as of now.
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 2 votes and 2 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Three days
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Winner selection
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
As I said power, freedoms will not count. Germany is a stronger, more powerful nation than France, in my opinion.
2700 CPA= pls forgive shortcuts & abbrs.
- 26% bigger military budget
- 14% more active duty soldiers
- 24% more tanks
- 37% bigger AF
- 70% bigger Navy, incl only non-US nuclear-powered aircraft carrier
- Has only restored sovereignty since 1990
- Military capacity is delimited by FR & Allied powers
- DE is forbidden nukes & WMD (note: PRO argued that DE nukes “wouldn’t be a challenge” but that’s false- FR forces DE to never build nukes)
- Named #1 on "Soft Power 30" 2017
- Most multilateral & diplomatic & cultural membership of any country
- is the official language of 29 countries globally. German is not spoken much outside of EU.
- is the #1 tourist destination in the world
- surpasses DE in UNESCO heritage sites, museums, restaurants, attractions
- surpasses DE in music, art, film, sport
- DE-FR WAR would destroy both economies (irrelevant to relative power)
- DE would build nukes (NATO+RUS at least would be treaty bound to stop such development)
- DE would break Treaty of Versailles (DE 1936 Rhineland invasion ended Treaty of Versailles)
- DE army better trained (what evidence supports this claim?)
- PRO argues WW2 is no longer relevant (the consequences of that war are central to questions of hard power: the numbers of soldiers, tanks, planes, nukes, etc is dictated to DE by a coalition that includes FR. FR actually tells DE how much military DE can have- that is the definition of power.)
- DE is close to food self-sufficiency at 80%. (The difference between 111% of daily nutritional req & 80% adds up pretty quickly. Also superior FR diplomacy, Navy, geography mean far better export/import prospects during any anti-trade event. )
- DE's superior exports equals more leverage in conflict (that depends on the export. In a crisis, which sells better: food or BMWs?)
- DE $$$ better than culture (culture is $$$. Every time an Intl' conglomerate meets in Paris because the kids want to go to EuroDisney or the Husband wants to tour wine country- FR improves in $$$ and influence at DE's expense)
- China gains UN influence by bribing African leaders (Since PRO mentions UN we should note that FR has a permanent seat on UN Security Council (and hence, a veto in security proceedings. DE has no veto at the UN. FR > DE again)
- DE is growing faster. (PRO's resolution states "as of now")