Will The Republicans Spend The Next 4 Years Trying to Impeach Biden?

Author: Stephen

Total: 46
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
He extorted the leader of a foreign country to announce a bogus investigation for the sole reason of slandering a political opponent in an attempt to steal an election. 
Wasn't in the impeachment articles, but thanks for your contribution to fantasy history.
what? that is what the abuse of power charge is for. He abused the power of his office to extort the president of Ukraine into announcing a bogus investigation of biden for the purposes of slandering him and tipping the election in Trump's favor. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
and the polls shifted to repubs
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
and the polls shifted to repubs
I have no idea if you are responding to something we were talking about. That isn't even a complete sentence, let alone a response to anything. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
If the Republicans spend the next 4 years trying to impeach Biden, they won't be doing anything different than what the Democrats did with Trump.

Maybe fighting the results of every election will be the new normal.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Question for you: besides Pelosi, who should be the Speaker? 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Question for you: besides Pelosi, who should be the Speaker? 
I'm not certain. I'm not particularly familiar with most congressmen. Someone like Pramila Jayapal or ro khanna maybe? But again, i'm not really sure. 

Conway
Conway
Calvin Coolidge

That's cheating.
Well some days you get tired of whippin' everybody. 

BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
Bidome
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm not certain. I'm not particularly familiar with most congressmen. Someone like Pramila Jayapal or ro khanna maybe? But again, i'm not really sure. 
Interesting. Can I here your reasoning?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Interesting. Can I here your reasoning?
Like I said, i'm not certain. And since the president is now a democrat, I don't think it is as much of an issue. With a republican president, pelosi was the highest ranking democrat. She largely was able to set the democratic party's policy and she did a terrible job of it. With Biden in the white house, it is him and his cabinet that will set democratic party policy. 

But in general, the democrats need to start embracing populist policies. Nancy Pelosi will fight to the death to protect her corporate donors, and therefore against virtually all populist policies.  Pramila Jayapal or ro khanna would be much better able to appeal to people than Nancy Pelosi can. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Pramila Jayapal or ro khanna would be much better able to appeal to people than Nancy Pelosi can. 
Will do.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Nah only the Democrats would
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
I'm not sure if this was based on some other conversation, but I'll put my two cents in, I don't know. 

Fundamentally - Trump was impeached, not fully, but he was at least voted to be impeached by the house. 

Democrats still control the house (at least so far), so if something like happens again, and most everyone just votes on partisan lines again, even if they try it probably wouldn't work. Also, unlike with Trump, there are very few perceived issues one could have with Biden (unless he does something stupid, which isn't impossible), where with Trump, almost everything he did was controversial or debatable. 

TLDR: I'm not sure, if they try they have less ammunition, and probably won't get as far as the democrats did with Trump.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
the impeachment was patisan and no crime was committed and the polls favored GOP after the process

fail
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
This is false, he was impeached, the Senate never voted him out of office
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge