The Democrats are going to take the wrong lessons from this election (again)

Author: HistoryBuff

Total: 177
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
trump won,  but they will say he lost
trump lost the popular vote by millions. He lost in critical swing states too. He lost. I know you will continue to believe conspiracy theories about "dead people voting" or whatever other bullshit you get on fox news. But no one has any actual evidence that fraud occurred. 

Trump lost. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@zedvictor4
Republicans just need to find a credible candidate for next time....Because it was only Trump that lost this election...
yeah. And ironically, if trump had just taken Covid seriously, he probably would have won in a landslide. But instead he just lied and undermined government responses to it and screwed himself (and america) over hard. Biden just had to promise to listen to doctors, and that was enough. 

Biden was just, clearly the better a option.
I prefer to think of him as the less horrible option. Trump was dangerous in the "is he going to nuke a country" kind of way. Biden is dangerous in the sense that he doesn't really want to fix any of america's problems. He wants to make minor changes around the edges. He helped designed america's flawed system. He doesn't really want to fix the things he and his colleagues broke. 

But that kind of thinking is what led to trump in the 1st place. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
Biden has the potential to be dangerous based on things he said during his campaign.  Which perfectly ties in with "The Democrats are going to take the wrong lessons from this election (again)"  Obama set some record breaking gun sales then Trump was elected and sales fell way down.  It seems people didn't have a strong feeling Trump would win and guess what, can you guess?  booming gun sales again.
He's going to appoint Beta aka Robert Francis to "Hell yes we are going to take your ar15s"  How?  with armed people busting down doors?  He's going to try and ban mail order ammo sales.  All this unity is so warming isn't it.
they certainly learned nothing on this issue.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Biden has the potential to be dangerous based on things he said during his campaign. 
virtually all of his campaign was "i'm not trump". He offered very little in change in his campaign. I don't see how anything he said could be interpreted as "dangerous". 

How?  with armed people busting down doors?
literally no one has suggested that.

He's going to try and ban mail order ammo sales. 
so? how is that an issue? Why shouldn't someone have to show up and prove they are a allowed to own guns and ammo in order to purchase it?

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
actually he won when every legal vote is counted
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Theweakeredge
He's nearly a center politician, and while he went a little more to the left with some of his policies most of them are still pretty moderate.
He is more left-wing in many ways than any other DNC presidential candidate.

Green New Deal support (as per his website, he supports it or at least many of the main provisions) is more radical than any previous environmental policy.

He is going super-hard on illegal alien citizenship.

Public option healthcare. I think that Carter might have mentioned that, so he is at least tied on most far-left.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@bmdrocks21
For America perhaps, literally any other country with people who's Overton window isn't shifted to the right super far he's moderate (Just like the rest of the world uses metric, the rest of the world is also waaay less shifted right in political outlook)
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Actually he won when every legal vote is counted
what does that even mean? do you have any evidence that votes aren't being counted? Because trump has so far had 10 lawsuits tossed out because he makes accusations and has absolutely zero evidence to back any of it up. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Theweakeredge
For America perhaps, literally any other country with people who's Overton window isn't shifted to the right super far he's moderate (Just like the rest of the world uses metric, the rest of the world is also waaay less shifted right in political outlook)

I think I would agree with that. Compared to a lot of other countries, he would be considered a center-left candidate, I'm sure.

It seems like the DNC economically is fairly moderate globally, but socially, they seem pretty far-left to me.
Conway
Conway
-->
@HistoryBuff

He's going to try and ban mail order ammo sales. 

so? how is that an issue? Why shouldn't someone have to show up and prove they are a allowed to own guns and ammo in order to purchase it?

Ammunition does not require a background check to go through a federal firearm licensed dealer, so at best such a proposal would be meaningless from a practical standpoint.

All that would be accomplished is damaging part of the industry, and establishing a new precedent.  Dedicated online businesses like Midway would be devastated, and Walmart would benefit.  Consumers would also feel the impact when it comes to specialty orders.

Conway
Conway
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 "Hell yes we are going to take your ar15s"  How?  with armed people busting down doors?  
No, that would be crass.  The ones calling the shots will require a registry and attempt to pass legislation making the transfer of "assault weapons" illegal.  
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Conway
nothing says unifying like threats and stirring the pot, right?  I also believe it's the thought that counts.
Conway
Conway
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
At least he can pronounce it though.  Joe Biden clearly does not have a handle on the politics of Texas yet.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
I have already provided evidence
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Joe Manchin is already saying he wouldn’t support an end to the filibuster. Even if Democrats win both Georgia seats, they can’t eliminate the filibuster to get legislation pass.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I have already provided evidence
where? direct me to where you provided evidence. But since evidence does not exist (as shown by the 10 lawsuits trump has filed and have been thrown out for having no evidence), i seriously doubt that you can. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
in other threads to you, i dont fell like repeating myself
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
Why shouldn't someone have to show up and prove they are a allowed to own guns and ammo in order to purchase it?
walmart and other stores will just benefit from not being able to mail order ammo.  I'm sure Biden and the like think it's a great idea because the ones really affected by it would be the poor in urban areas.  Since they commit most or a disproportionate % of the crime, that might not be a bad thing even if it does disproportionately affect a certain demographic right?  I believe that is their thought process anyway, can't really see it any other way.
With any luck this will increase the development of air powered guns.  I was amazed to see people hunting big game with them.  Never knew they could generate that kind of power.  they are probably quieter as well.  They won't have the range of a firearm but not needing an actual cartridge, just a projectile, well worth it.  You'll soon be able to 3d print or cast the projectiles in the comfort of your own home.  First company to develop a self defense airsoft gun...wow.  Then again restrictions should accelerate metal and carbon fiber 3d printers.  Sure you can get one now for around 5k but once that is accelerated the price will drop, quality and speed go up, it's a win win.

so I agree they still have learned nothing.
Conway
Conway
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Even some of the lightest factory loads of smokeless powder develop higher peak pressures.  We are talking 10,000 PSI out of the plinking loads for a firearm VS 3000 PSI for a full power charge out an air rifle on the first shot.  Hunting rifles are often designed to push 30,000 to 50,000 PSI or even higher in some magnum cartridges on a regular basis.

I don't foresee air rifles ever being a tool employed for self defense. 

To crank the external tubes up to higher pressures the engineers will have to add cumbersome material, or start exploring more expensive materials.  It's either that, or you need a larger caliber to get more power.  The larger the surface area of the projectile, the more force that can be applied with the same amount of pressure, but in making that decision the engineers have to compromise on the number of consistent shots before the pressure is significantly depleted.   Even with the added barrel length, air rifles will always be comparable in power only to handguns, not large game hunting rifles. 

So, there you go.  There's little to support that air rifles are pertinent to any regulatory schemes of small arms.  You'll just have to wait for the blasters to come out, and by then the resistance will have light sabers.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Conway
well the solid copper bullets with the flat nose/cross design seem to outperform standard jhp and they reach higher fps with the same load, so perhaps with a new way of thinking, new materials it may be possible someday, the point is do you want people to explore those other possibilities which you will have virtually NO control or regulation over?

look at youtube now, "how to cast an ar15 lower"  "how to mold an ar15 lower"  creating a demand for better/stronger materials to accomplish what you are attempting to control seems counterproductive, to put it nicely.  Which is my whole point.  remember the first 3d printed handgun?  How long ago was that?  do you remember?  do you think it just went away?  do you think no more advancement can be made on that concept?  apparently the antigun crowd can't think beyond their own irrational feelings, they've learned nothing.  HB is correct in that aspect.
Conway
Conway
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Well I haven't heard of 3d printed weapons being traced to a big problem in Japan or anywhere else.  Usually there is an industry and salespeople cater to the demand of consumers in a market economy.  The kits are for hobbyists and education.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
in other threads to you, i dont fell like repeating myself
well, since no such evidence exists that one can actually find, i'm guessing what you are referring to is all nonsense and hearsay. So no, there is presently no evidence that anyone committed fraud.

Trump lost. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
trump won
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Conway
supply and demand....... supply and demand
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
trump won
that's it, keep repeating the same lies over and over. It doesn't matter if there is no evidence that it's true. The dear leader says it is, so reality must be wrong.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
theres plently of evidence
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
theres plently of evidence
no, there's plenty of hearsay and a couple of cases of human error. That is evidence of no fraud being committed. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
theres tons of cases
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
theres tons of cases
tons of cases where someone claims they saw something, but has absolutely zero evidence to back it up? sure. But that isn't evidence. that is hearsay. I've seen several people post their "evidence" on here, and so far nothing i've seen is actual evidence. That is why trump has had 10 (maybe more by this point) lawsuits tossed out of court. Because his lawsuit makes a baseless claim without evidence and a judge tosses it out. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
tons of evidence, trumops legal team is good