Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 36
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
@ The weakeredge

As Janesix suggests......It's doing something stimulating, when we have the time to do so.

Sport has also become big business of course.

Though personally, I tend to find watching other people doing sport, somewhat tedious.

Except for Women's beach volleyball or Women's athletics perhaps....Which also relates to what Janesix was saying.....Joking

The only sporting events that I do watch are the big cycling grand tours......But that's more about the whole spectacle of the event, than about the competitive cycling per se.

Track cycling for example, is extremely tedious to watch.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Why apologize [ref to your #1]?

That's some good paronomasia going on. The French, at least, in the golden age, used paronomasia as sport at court, even at the risk of losing one's head for a poor pun.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
The sports are but forms of entertainment. When you kick the round black-and-white leathered sphere into a 5x2 open box guarded by another person with a netted medium behind, you feel happy. When you reach a white line in the end of a 0.1KM segment before anyone else does, you feel victorious. When you see two goalposts and an unironically large skewed checker board in the middle of a large pool of dihydrogen monoxide and sodium chloride, you feel relieved.

The sports are but tools of advertising people. Phelps just swam across the pool faster than everyone? Hooray to America, Americans are better at swimming. Messi just kicked a ball in more times than everyone else in this game? Wow, the team he is playing for must be good at it! The better you play at a sport, the more you are in credit: the same with any other job, Being a professional athlete is a job.

And yes, since they are jobs, they get paid. The sports are also, for them, tools of getting exchange values to the market. They can get a better treadmill and more efficient energy drinks if they do their job correctly than to not.

63 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
  kicking the actual knee
In krav maga, it is almost always considered optimal to kick a knee as soon as the move is available (from the side of it).
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Yeah I can tell you from experience that it's a bad idea. Always kick thigh or the soft part of the calf. I was kicking a guy in the legs in a fight one time, and I was having a lot of success, but one of my kicks slammed right into the side of the knee, and that bone on bone contact made my leg swell up with a huge whelp. It was honestly the worst injury I suffered in that fight.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Also you should be very careful taking fighting advice from krav maga people, because most of them don't know dick about fighting