Author: MgtowDemon

Total: 127
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile

Crocodile
Crocodile
Moon, Dannell (2004). "Slavery". In Smith, Merril D. (ed.). Encyclopedia of RapeGreenwood. p. 234.

that details rape of slaves
Crocodile
Crocodile
  • Any slave attempting to run away and leave the colony (later, the state) received the death penalty.

Crocodile
Crocodile
Please stop responding to the children. They won't leave if you continue to feed them the attention their parents don't give them.
Why? I'm providing reputable sources, and my age doesn't matter if I'm stating facts.
Crocodile
Crocodile
And currently man, you're the only one responding to me
Crocodile
Crocodile

No they were not healthy. They suffered from
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Death23
lmfao
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Thanks!
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Death23
You're not suggesting that Uncle Ruckus (no relation) lied to us, are you?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Crocodile
  • Any slave attempting to run away and leave the colony (later, the state) received the death penalty.

I'm sure that was never enforced. It was so great on the plantation that they had no reason to run away in the first place!!!!
Death23
Death23
-->
@Crocodile
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@bmdrocks21
Ikr! It flies in the face of logic!!
Death23
Death23
-->
@bmdrocks21
You're not suggesting that Uncle Ruckus (no relation) lied to us, are you?
Uncle Ruckus would never lie to us. But he may have made an innocent mistake that any reasonable person would have made given the same or similar circumstances.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
What a delightful person you are.

I'm on my period. 
Death23
Death23
-->
@PressF4Respect
Ah nice to see you again Wylted! 
TBH seems more like YYW

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@MgtowDemon
A moderate working week (considering that they were only picking cotton and not at a super fast rate).
How many hours do you work a year?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Crocodile
50$ and i'll take it ;)
I say 20 USD you say 50 USD, let's meet in the middle at 500 Monopoly Dollars.
MgtowDemon
Debates: 0
MgtowDemon
With all these drive-by, one-liner comments, you'd think we're in the hood lol.
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You're making a nasty habit of leaving paltry, one-liner comments that don't add anything discussions: United States slaves were, overall, treated quite well (debateart.com) United States slaves were, overall, treated quite well (debateart.com)

We're still waiting for you to post something worthwhile in response to this United States slaves were, overall, treated quite well (debateart.com) 

Don't become another BrainDeath23.

Death23
Death23
this OP is inspired by a private PM that I received. The quote involved is as follows: 

"...learning English isn't a benefit. Not whenever its because if you don't learn English you'll be fucking whipped, second of all, it was a reputation thing in early America, especially near the civil war, as slaves were seen as property and therefore needed to be able to perform, that means they were given enough to eat most times."

Safety and Privacy

You may not share any content from private messages, without the consent of the respective authors; or with moderator approval (such as for dispute resolution).
May as well report it
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@MgtowDemon
You're making a nasty habit of leaving paltry, one-liner comments that don't add anything
It is a reasonable question because you said 55 hours a week is not a lot. So, how many hours a week do you work?
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It is a reasonable question because you said 55 hours a week is not a lot. So, how many hours a week do you work?
That isn't what I wrote. I said, "A moderate working week (considering that they were only picking cotton and not at a super fast rate)." This is why you're wasting everyone's time by posting drive-by snark. You missed the mark, just end up looking like a dickhead, and the site is all the worse for it. You've even done it with this post yet again. You still haven't responded to the whole of what I said. If you can't do that, then I'm not answering your question. Up to you, kiddo:

"Yes. Free, quality food (better than what they were getting in Africa). Free education (1870's African Americans reached a 20% literally rate nearing a century before Africans in 1950). A moderate working week (considering that they were only picking cotton and not at a super fast rate).

Clearly, whilst slavery is wrong and I don't condone it, the slaves weren't brutality treated for the most part, and actually benefitted a lot for living in a far superior country. Later, when people realised some of the African Americans were intelligent and talented, they earned emancipation and integrated into a truly 1st world country, living ten-fold better than they would have had they stayed in Africa."

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@MgtowDemon
So you disagree that 54 hours a week is excessive?
Death23
Death23
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
U is in turn a product: hours/day x days/year x intensity/hour. The product U of the
slave plantations in the southern United States was greater than that of the non-slave ones
in the northern states, even though on average slaves worked 2798 hours/year and
workers in the plantations in the north worked 3100 hours/year. The difference (slaves
worked 10% less than the time of the non-slaves) is explained by the greater intensity of
the slave work hour: around 94%. John F. Olson, “Clock Time versus Real Time: A
Comparison of the Lengths of the Northern and Southern Agricultural Work Years,” in
Fogel and Engerman, Without Consent or Contract, 77-79.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Death23
Well yeah good point, though I would personally say 54 hours a week at $0 per hour is pretty excessive even if it wasn't as intense as it was. Then there is the whole "being property" thing, I would find that to be a pretty major turn-off all by itself.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@MgtowDemon
United States slaves were, overall, treated quite well

Isn't Muhammad Ali ( the greatest athlete of his time) quoted somewhere as saying after his fight in Zaire ( Democratic Republic of Congo)  " thank God granddaddy got on that boat" ?   I  believe he meant his white Irish granddaddy, that married a freed slave. I think I read somewhere that in fact his granddaddy was a plantation owner, I can't remember if he also had slaves.

It seems such a grateful and thankful thing to say about his white ancestor, doesn't it.
Imabench
Imabench
I might have to bring back the Weekly Stupid for this shit 
Death23
Death23
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yes, and what’s also missing here is that the labor is seasonal and follows the planting and harvesting seasons. So it’s an average of however many hours per week but during the planting and harvesting seasons especially the hours per week gets very high. 
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
The difference (slaves worked 10% less than the time of the non-slaves) is explained by the greater intensity of
the slave work hour: around 94%.
Can you post a link that isn't locked behind restrictions? You know, so we can actually see and discuss it?

Also, I cannot find this quote anywhere on the internet, even using different search engines.