United States slaves were, overall, treated quite well

Author: MgtowDemon

Total: 127
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@MgtowDemon
I hope your feminist mind rot hasn't too badly affected to respond to basic requests

What is mind rot? Is that an ingredient I can put in my husband's sandwiches? It sounds German. 
MgtowDemon
Debates: 0
MgtowDemon
-->
@Danielle
What is mind rot? Is that an ingredient I can put in my husband's sandwiches? It sounds German. 
You're unfunny and not worth my time.

Go away.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@MgtowDemon
You're unfunny
YEAH CUZ I'M A WOMAN YOU FUCKING IDIOT now sit there, shut up and suffer. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@PressF4Respect
welcome back
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Danielle
YEAH CUZ I'M A WOMAN YOU FUCKING IDIOT now sit there, shut up and suffer. 
What a delightful person you are.

Cheerio.

Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@MgtowDemon
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@MgtowDemon
Lmao, I did not expect to see this on the forum this morning.

I'd say that slavery conditions varied widely. Some house slaves were treated as well as if they were the slave owner's own child. Some field slaves were malnourished, beaten, and slept in overcrowded shacks.

Difficulty of work would also depend on the type of crop and if the owner was rich enough to purchase better equipment. 

MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@bmdrocks21
Lmao, I did not expect to see this on the forum this morning.
I understand it's a rather shocking OP, given the general progressiveness of this site.

I'd say that slavery conditions varied widely. Some house slaves were treated as well as if they were the slave owner's own child. Some field slaves were malnourished, beaten, and slept in overcrowded shacks.
I think I have some data which indicates latter cases were vanishingly rare. The fact that I have nearly everyone else disagreeing with me in this thread, yet only responder has been able to provide a couple anecdotes (one seemingly quite good, mind you), indicates that there simply isn't the breath of data required to make the case that a large number of slaves were treated poorly.

In fact, I've provided data that shows slaves were growing significantly taller, and thus at least the vast majority of them were not malnourished. The beaten point seems to only ever have anecdotal evidence (which could be true, but people have the capacity to lie, especially if they get reparations, attention and sympathy for doing so). Perhaps the "slept in overcrowded shacks" is right -- I haven't seen any data on this.

Difficulty of work would also depend on the type of crop and if the owner was rich enough to purchase better equipment. 
Well I provided the data that showed the average yearly slave hours, and that was compared to the 2015 study which showed that children could basically match harvest rate. I think that's enough data to show that the average slave didn't work to the bone. Of course, you'll get the exception where the slaves were, but it all averages out to a pretty reasonable amount of work.

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@Barney
is racist hate speech or something of the sort banned from the forums?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Crocodile
Not specifically but example of some thing that if it’s excessive enough then it’s actionable over the policies I think. Nobody could seriously believe the claims that are being presented, not even OP. The guy doesn’t come across as having any good evidence or any good arguments. It’s just trolling imo.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Death23
@Sum1hugme
@MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon you are incorrect in your assertions, and you still haven't refuted my points, you bring have points and then don't even completely justify your opinions, your sources are sad at best
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
is racist hate speech or something of the sort banned from the forums?
The related rule is as follows:
You may not threaten or promote violence against any person or persons, barring hyperbole against public figures (e.g., “all politicians should be shot”). Advocacy in favor of terrorism and/or violent extremism, especially as related to hate groups as generally defined by the SPLC, is likewise prohibited.

Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@MgtowDemon
Why was I spanked in the ass if I got an f on my test?

seriously I don’t get it tbh
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Crocodile
Why was I spanked in the ass if I got an f on my test?

seriously I don’t get it tbh
You don't get it because you're an immature 16 year old.

Off you go.

Crocodile
Crocodile
Nice you agree to not censor people and then you block people who don’t agree with you
Crocodile
Crocodile
Nice you challenge people to refute your arguments in a *debating* site and then you don't respond to the refutation because in your heart you know that you are incorrect

Crocodile
Crocodile
Nice you spew that you don't *condone* slavery and then you say you will speak out against it, then *actively* speak for it.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
So they were allowed to eat, they learned a language, and they only had to work 54 hours a week as property.

Right. Keep trying, wylted.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@PressF4Respect
Ah nice to see you again Wylted! 
Damn thought I would be the first to call it... =/
Crocodile
Crocodile
I understand it's a rather shocking OP, given the general progressiveness of this site.

Nice you understand it's a shocking OP. But it's not shocking because of the site, it's shocking because you're supporting SLAVERY.

Slavery: Someone who is someone forbidden to quit their service for another person and is treated like property.[3] Slavery relies heavily on the enslaved person being intimidated either by the threat of violence or some other method of abuse. In chattel slavery, the enslaved person is legally rendered the personal property (chattel) of the slave owner. SLAVERY: The burden of slavery - NI 337 - Slavery in the 21st century: The Facts (archive.org)

That is a fact, and if you think OWNING someone is not wrong, I'm afraid sir you might have to think about your life actions.

Now, go off!
Cheerio!
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
a bit different from wylted but wouldn't be surprised if it was him
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Theweakeredge
MgtowDemon you are incorrect in your assertions, and you still haven't refuted my points, you bring have points and then don't even completely justify your opinions, your sources are sad at best

People can then see that none of your subsequent posts address this response to your points.

As we can see, in actuality, you're the one who hasn't responded to me yet.

Seeing that you've read all these (and haven't just rapidly gathered a bunch of articles that seem to support your stance, in order to look smart, all without reading them), could you direct me to the parts wherein data is used to support the points you're making? I hope that I don't need to explain why anecdotes make for bad arguments, either.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Crocodile
I guess it is possible that it isn't but I would bet $20 that it is.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
50$ and i'll take it ;)
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What is it with this site and drive-by comments?

So they were allowed to eat, they learned a language, and they only had to work 54 hours a week as property.
Yes. Free, quality food (better than what they were getting in Africa). Free education (1870's African Americans reached a 20% literally rate nearing a century before Africans in 1950). A moderate working week (considering that they were only picking cotton and not at a super fast rate).

Clearly, whilst slavery is wrong and I don't condone it, the slaves weren't brutality treated for the most part, and actually benefitted a lot for living in a far superior country. Later, when people realised some of the African Americans were intelligent and talented, they earned emancipation and integrated into a truly 1st world country, living ten-fold better than they would have had they stayed in Africa.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@MgtowDemon
Nah, I think that's your burden. I didn't get specific statistics because we're talking history here, I got you primary sources detailing the treatment of slavery and such. You wouldn't have fucking data collection, are you daft?
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Theweakeredge
Nah, I think that's your burden.
LOL it's my burden to show the data for the argument you're making?

This is truly a roflcopter moment.

I didn't get specific statistics
We could end the discussion right here.

I got you primary sources detailing the treatment of slavery and such
A more accurate term: anecdotes.

Imagine unironically thinking that anecdotes are better evidence than data xD

Go and find some data on the topic, kiddo, and then come back to me.
Crocodile
Crocodile
Crocodile
Crocodile
look at the references in the wikipedia article for sources
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
Please stop responding to the children. They won't leave if you continue to feed them the attention their parents don't give them.