Using the terms "racism" and "racist" makes you look stupid

Author: MgtowDemon

Total: 185
TXHG
Debates: 2
TXHG
-->
@TheUnderdog
This might be true, but a reliable source is needed.  If it is true, then people with those names should change their name to something western.  Transgender people change their names to fit into their desired gender.  Some other people change their name just because they feel like it.  Besides the fact that most minorities have at least 1 European name(out of first name, last name), anyone who feels victimized because of their name is free to legally change their name to something that they think will give them a better job.  

The solution, if this problem exists, is certainly not racial reparations as this costs an insane amount of money, it keeps minorities dependent on government handouts, which keeps them poor, and it worsens race relations.  Sadly, this is backed by most black people, even though it encourages government dependency, which should apply to no one except government employees.

This is a very well known type of study which has been performed multiple times across different countries and finds consistent results showing statistically significant racism in hiring practices. Based on your unawareness of it and your other comments about racism which seem very superficial and uninformed, e.g. not knowing about red-lining but seeming happy to talk about how people aren't effected by historic discrimination, I think it would be best if you did more reading or investigation into the topic before throwing out your harmful and largely incorrect opinions.

Even reading a single book on the topic of racial discrimination on modern nations would probably clue you in to most of the issues you are missing.

Some examples of the study for reference:

How far does your argument for de-colourifying people go BTW? I mean you're happy for them to change their name, their identity, to something stereotypically white to fit in better. If they have money should they lighten their skin? Have plastic surgery to adopt more normally caucasian facial features? Basically how far do you want to have people of colour bend over backwards to avoid having to actually tackle the sources of racism?

Would the simpler and more moral option not be to stop racism rather than to try and stop people being a race other that white?
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
My policy proposal to help racial inequality is to reduce the poverty made through single motherhood.  This can be done by paying single moms a UBI that is paid for not by the government, but by the deadbeat dad.  If men don’t wish to be deadbeat dads and pay a UBI to the female they got pregnant, then they should be as careful with sex as women are.

Minorities changing their name to something western would end discrimination on the basis of name, if it exists.

As for gay sex, my idea is to prohibit all sex while having an STD.  If you have an STD, you must get it treated before you engage in any sex.  People would get their diseases treated in order to legally have consensual sex.  Since people want sex, STIs would be virtually gone in the US in a year.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
a UBI that is paid for not by the government, but by the deadbeat dad.
What if that "deadbeat dad" is not wealthy enough to pay (or dead, or incarcerated, or differently-abled)?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Minorities changing their name to something western would end discrimination on the basis of name, if it exists.
This is unrealistic and completely misses the point.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
As for gay sex, my idea is to prohibit all sex while having an STD.
This would be a gross invasion of privacy and unenforceable.

Perhaps universal free health-care would be a better option.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@HistoryBuff
How far does your argument for de-colourifying people go BTW? I mean you're happy for them to change their name, their identity, to something stereotypically white to fit in better. If they have money should they lighten their skin? 
I don’t think I mentioned minorities changing their skin color, but if dark skinned people see racism as a problem, but I don’t see the problem with minorities injecting a vitiligo shot in them to make them white if it makes them feel better.  The vitiligo bacteria for context, eats at melanin and can turn a person white.

I don’t think white privilege exists, as Indian Americans are pretty dark skinned and they are the most successful ethnic group in America.  This is because Indian Children almost always grow up with 2 parents and as a result, don’t end up in poverty often.  African American children more often than not, don’t get 2 parents in the house and as a result, they do worse off than Indians; who are of a comparable skin tone.

Nonetheless, if minorities think that their life will be easier if they looked white, then they should have the freedom to inject the vitiligo bacteria into their skin to make them white.  No bleaching necessary ; no plastic surgery necessary; just a simple vaccine with the vitiligo virus ought to make minorities more comfortable.  Such a vaccine won’t even be that expensive; it should cost around $10.

There is something for both democrats and republicans to gain from encouraging racially insecure minorities to get a vaccine that makes them white.  The liberals see an end to the white privilege that they often believe exists.  The conservatives see people racially assimilating into a country, and conservatives love assimilation.

People call this idea racist, but to call racial assimilation racist is like to call it racist to force or encourage immigrants to learn English.  It isn’t racist to make an immigrant learn English, as this makes their lives better.  It also isn’t racist to encourage a minority to get a vitiligo vaccine (which is a lot easier than making an immigrant learn English) as this also makes the minority’s life better.  If white privilege exists, then the minority gets to experience white privilege with the vitiligo vaccine.  If white privilege doesn’t exist, the minority becomes less insecure about their race and as a result, they will live a better life.  Either way, a vitiligo vaccine benefits minorities and is not a racist idea.  The only Indian I asked about this believes in white privilege, and would gladly take vaccine to make him less insecure about his race.  Now let’s see your solution to make minority life better:

Would the simpler and more moral option not be to stop racism rather than to try and stop people being a race other that white?
It may be more moral to not be racist to begin with, but unfortunately, American  society has tried this for 55 years and so far, the minorities still think society is racist to them.  From the perspective of the African, society will always be racist to them.  Rather than go against hundreds of thousands of years of the tribal racism that the left still thinks plaques society, it would be simpler to give minorities a vitiligo shot that makes them white with time.  If racism is still prominent, it won’t be that reduced in 50 years.  If you can’t beat the racism that you think exists, use technology to hack biology to make everyone the same skin color.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
Next time you want to respond, so so in 1 comment.  It’s easier on my end.

What if that "deadbeat dad" is not wealthy enough to pay (or dead, or incarcerated, or differently-abled)?
Then he gets a federal construction job where he earns $15 an hour, the government makes back their money by selling the apartment they build.  15x40x4=$2400 a month.  They pay $1000 to the single mom they created and they keep the rest.

This is unrealistic and completely misses the point.
It is totally realistic and solves the problem the left think exists.

This would be a gross invasion of privacy and unenforceable.

Perhaps universal free health-care would be a better option.
It is not an invasion of privacy as it is a minor restriction people can comply with.  UHC would be a bad idea because I don’t want to pay for promiscuous people’s STI treatment.  They should get treated and they should pay for it, not the taxpayer.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@TXHG
Don’t copy History Buff.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
It is not an invasion of privacy as it is a minor restriction people can comply with.
How do you propose enforcing this?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
The same way I propose enforcing any other crime.  It would make the news.  If someone gets an STI from sex, they report it to the police and then punishment is administered, which includes mandatory treatment paid for by the people who had sex.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
If someone gets an STI from sex, they report it to the police and then punishment is administered,
Do you understand that most venereal diseases go UNREPORTED?

Also, why single out venereal diseases?

Wouldn't it make more sense to criminalize ALL disease transmission?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
I don’t know if STIs get reported, but I would want financial incentive to report the STI, paid for by the person who spread the disease.

How would you criminalize spreading any disease?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
How would you criminalize spreading any disease?
Just turn hospitals into prisons.

And make cold-medicine illegal.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
I don’t want to turn hospitals into prisons and I want to keep medicine legal.  But people shouldn’t spread STIs.  If they have an STI, they should get it treated before they fuck more pussy or swallow more sperm cells.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
I still don't understand why you'd single out just one type of disease.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
I think it should be illegal to spread any harmful disease and the punishment is treatment that you pay for.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
I think it should be illegal to spread any harmful disease and the punishment is treatment that you pay for.
Let's say you get sick and go to the hospital and the doctor says you have tuberculosis.

Who do you send to prison?

How do the police investigate this "crime"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog

I see.

So, in order to fix discrimination.

We must all look exactly the same and have exactly the same name.

Are you a communist?
Jasmine
Debates: 4
Jasmine
-->
@MgtowDemon
Ok, but like that "Blacks have lower I.Q's than Whites" kinda hurt tho.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
Let's say you get sick and go to the hospital and the doctor says you have tuberculosis.

I said the punishment for getting a disease should be treatment paid for by the person with the disease; no jail necessary.

I fail to see how encouraging minorities to change their names to something western is communist.  The USSR was a very diverse country, culturally.  The Chinese were homogeneous.  The USA is culturally homogeneous, given that most people speak English.  Assimilation has nothing to do with communism, including name assimilation.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
The Chinese were homogeneous.
This claim is demonstrably FALSE.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog

I said the punishment for getting a disease should be treatment paid for by the person with the disease; no jail necessary.
How do you determine WHO exactly transmitted tuberculosis to you?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Assimilation has nothing to do with communism,
Conceptually, communism is radical equality.

The only way for everyone to be truly equal is for everyone to be (functionally) indistinguishable from one another.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
This claim is demonstrably FALSE.
The vast majority of Chinese people speak Chinese as a first language, so culturally, the nation is very homogeneous.

Moreover, if they aren’t, it’s further evidence that communist countries don’t necessarily assimilate people.

Whoever has the disease, whether they transmitted the disease to you or not, should get the disease treated on their dime.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
Communism advocates fiscal equality and everything being nationalized.  It has nothing to do with culture.

The only way for everyone to be truly equal is for everyone to be (functionally) indistinguishable from one another.
This isn’t true as the USSR maintained communism and diversity.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
The vast majority of Chinese people speak Chinese as a first language, so culturally, the nation is very homogeneous.
LANGUAGE =/= CULTURE

The people of China have a rich diversity of regional customs, beliefs, dialects and histories.

The people of China also have a broad spectrum of physical characteristics typical of their regional heritage.

Think of it like the regional and cultural differences between and within the SICILLIANS and the CALABRIANS and the TUSCANS.

Think of it like the regional and cultural differences between and within the IRISH and the SCOTTISH and the ENGLISH.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Whoever has the disease, whether they transmitted the disease to you or not, should get the disease treated on their dime.
How are you going to track down the person you plan on charging a dime?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Communism advocates fiscal equality and everything being nationalized.  It has nothing to do with culture.

This isn’t true as the USSR maintained communism and diversity.
Sure.

Why are you in favor of "ASSIMILATION" and what does ideal "ASSIMILATION" mean to you in practical terms?
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
The people of China have a rich diversity of regional customs, beliefs, dialects and histories.
I can’t tell.  I’m white and I also can’t tell an ethnic Italian from an ethnic Greek, provided they are assimilated Americans.  America has different regional customs in that if you live in PA, your more likely to eat a Philly cheesesteak, the religious beliefs in China are mostly bhuddist.  History differences I fail to see how they are relevant.

How are you going to track down the person you plan on charging a dime?
Anytime someone spreads an STI, whoever gets the disease reports it to the police and the police make the person who spread the disease get it treated, along with the person who contracted the disease.  The reward for those who get the disease telling the cops is $100, paid for by the person who spread the disease.

If you have an STI, just get it treated; it’s not that hard.

Why are you in favor of "ASSIMILATION"
2 reasons;

1) Learning English for any immigrant is something that makes them fiscally wealthier and makes life easier.  More wealth per immigrant means less welfare that has to be paid to them.

2) It prevents separatist movements in the US along ethnic grounds.

what does ideal "ASSIMILATION" mean to you in practical terms?

Assimilating to the US means learning enough English to get by.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
The people of China have a rich diversity of regional customs, beliefs, dialects and histories.
I can’t tell.  I’m white and I also can’t tell an ethnic Italian from an ethnic Greek, provided they are assimilated Americans.  America has different regional customs in that if you live in PA, your more likely to eat a Philly cheesesteak, the religious beliefs in China are mostly bhuddist.  History differences I fail to see how they are relevant.
"History differences I fail to see how they are relevant."

They are relevant because the many regions of what is now called China have a very long history of killing each other.