BRUH THIS DUDE

MgtowDemon
Debates: 0
MgtowDemon
-->
@MisterChris
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT

BRUH THIS DUDE
Imagine a child making these comments and moderating a debate website. It would be hilarious to see how poorly he would enforce the rules and resolve grievances between site members.

Oh...

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@MgtowDemon
If 5 personal attacks isn't considered systemic, then the TOS is nebulous. It needs to be clearer as to what is systemic, because no one, including you, knows what exactly that entails.

Also, could you please explain to me how "piss off motherf*cker" is an "on topic" comment for that thread? Are you seriously arguing that?
  • 5 personal attacks is not even close to systemic. Especially given your broad definition of "personal attack" (i.e. anything you don't like).
  • Notice you have levied at least 5 personal attacks at me and I have yet to whine and bitch about it.
  • the statement you quote was indeed on topic because it was within the context of an ongoing argument. If you were discussing toilet paper brands and he said "piss off motherfucker" out of nowhere, that would be out of context. 
  • again, you bitching about how people reply to you and yet not acknowledging your own behavior that compelled them to act that way towards you in the first place.
  • you have yet to actually prove anything said so far violates the CoC. 

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@MgtowDemon
I'm glad you learned the term "self-awareness" in your highschool English textbook recently.

Now run along, kiddo.

he says with zero self-awareness
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@MisterChris
I wasn't talking to you. You are no longer a part of this conversation.

If Speedrace cannot give me a reasonable response (yet to be determined), then I'll present it to David.
MisterChris
MisterChris
funny way to say "i have no argument" but ok. 
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@MgtowDemon
If 5 personal attacks isn't considered systemic, then the TOS is nebulous. It needs to be clearer as to what is systemic, because no one, including you, knows what exactly that entails.

Also, could you please explain to me how "piss off motherf*cker" is an "on topic" comment for that thread? Are you seriously arguing that?
COC violations are judged on an individual basis, not as a group. Each one was from a different person, so therefore was not systemic. And that insult wasn't separate from the conversation Bear was having so it was clearly on-topic
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@MgtowDemon
Also I'm like a year younger than Chris lol
MgtowDemon
MgtowDemon
-->
@Speedrace
And that insult ["piss off motherf*cker"] wasn't separate from the conversation Bear was having so it was clearly on-topic
This is incompetent moderation.

You are no longer required in this discussion. You may leave.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@MgtowDemon
The fact that I resurrected and told you to piss off should’ve told your ass a little something something.

This guy is like RM but like worse.

Like you said it was a debate site. If you don’t like it leave, kid.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@MgtowDemon
You're more immature by saying shush the adults are talking. You might have had a point until you used an ad hominem to try to prove a point
Vader
Vader
-->
@MgtowDemon

Please explain how calling someone a dick is harassment? 
Vader
Vader
-->
@MgtowDemon
Lets talk about this case your brining up with regards to off topic attacks, because you are completely wrong with what constitutes as off topic.

I reference the post you said that MrChris called you a dick, unprofessional, and an asshole. These were all in the context that you were talking about. You criticized the sources he put in a thread that is not meant to be in the style of a debate format. If you wanted to formally debate someone about this issue, you could post it in the debates. Forum is simply for discussions. That is the context behind dick. And even that, he wasn't calling you a dick, but your attitude in that thread of relation to being a dick, which is a fair criticism to make.

You also said that being unprofessional is an off topic attack, yet you did the same thing in this thread. By this logic, shouldn't you be banned as well. 

In conclusion, this site is not a censored site where you can not call someone a dick when they are acting in a manner similar to a dick. It is within the rights of the member to do such.

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
-->
@ILikePie5
please tell me you aren't really friends with a guy who doesn't think slavery was wrong and a guy who thinks mrchris violated the coc
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
please tell me you aren't really friends with a guy who doesn't think slavery was wrong and a guy who thinks mrchris violated the coc
He’s entitled to his opinion regardless of how far fetched it may seem. Personally I disagree with him completely but I also disagree completely with every Democrat yet I still have them as friends. The second we start censoring people for views contrary to ours we lose our identity as a nation. 

MisterChris
MisterChris

Here is the official ruling. Now grow a pair and stop bitching, please & thank you.

I'm done here. 

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Vader
And even that, he wasn't calling you a dick, but your attitude in that thread of relation to being a dick, which is a fair criticism to make.
This seems like hair-splitting to me.

Calling someone a name (name-calling) is clearly "to the speaker" and not "to the argument" which is the very definition of "ad hominem attack".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ILikePie5
The second we start censoring people for views contrary to ours we lose our identity.
Well stated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@MisterChris
Creating threads to call-out specific users qualifies as targeted harassment, as does obsessive attempts to derail unrelated topics with impertinent grudges. [**]

Do you think this specific thread qualifies as a "call-out"?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@3RU7AL
It might... But I do not want to contest it. I am OK with my actions being openly examined and criticized. Just don't expect me not to defend myself when I do not agree with your criticism. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
DId he just.... wasn't there an entire thread about you turning 18?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yes. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
So he just ranted about you being a child for like 5 posts because he's being arrogant as fuck? And he calls you the child?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
Seems that way. Notice I didn't even bother pointing out I am a legal adult. He was just proving my point the more he spoke. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
Agreed there, you wanna know what started all this? A conversation between me and him about Fauxlaw and his conversation, which quickly turned into me pointing out that saying, "each race has different abilities" is racist. Then after 100 messages, he went to get his opinion supported by the masses, oh how ironic was that.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
I'm not one to throw around the "racist" card but he strikes me as a person with a genuine superiority complex... and I wouldn't be surprised if that crosses into racial superiority territory based on the views he espouses and his toxicity in general. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@MisterChris
I mean, it was only after a long conversation that I think him racist, I was just pointing out a thing he said was racist, i thought his point was that that thing he said wasn't racist, not that he thinks what he actually thinks
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Theweakeredge
fair enough. The pattern wasn't there yet. But let's just say I've been suspicious ever since he said slaves were treated well. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@MisterChris
I mean, I hate to ask this, but does posting that you think a specific member is a "racist" qualify as "name-calling" (ad hominem attack)?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@3RU7AL
Not really, unless it's being utilized as an ad hominem

ex: "Well you're a racist so shut up! Your opinion on the US income tax system is now irrelevant because I called you this buzzword!"

In this context it's just a criticism of their behavior. That said, "racist" and "sexist" are constantly misused by progressives to label anything they dislike regardless of any evidence of actual racism or sexism... That's why I am generally hesitant to label someone as such. In this case, the evidence is pretty compelling...