Everything what is true

Author: Utanity

Total: 137
Utanity
Debates: 0
Utanity
If everything is not true then you are not true so if you know that the true God is true then everything will be true. Because then you will have true love and true life and true family and true friend and you will also have true workmates in the factory and even your car will be a true camry. So everything then is true for you even when you think is true but you must be true to yourself for everything to be true as well.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
True!
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
True and God do not belong in a sentence together unless the sentence is pointing out that god isn't true.
KeLu777
KeLu777
-->
@Utanity
This holds a scary amount of truth if you replace the word "true" with "false"...

Side note, I thought this was an Eiffel 65 reference at first. I apologize for not giving you enough credit...
even your car will be a true camry. So everything then is true...

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@KeLu777
You are new, welcome, also, very good point.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@KeLu777
Side note, I thought this was an Eiffel 65 reference at first. I apologize for not giving you enough credit...
I been blue da bee do ah been true dabbee dooo haha.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
True and God do not belong in a sentence together unless the sentence is pointing out that god isn't true.
You are just taking mikey and anyway what you no about truth is the headline writing on the doolies of a fly what has no doolies. 
If you no what is true then you no that the true god is true and that prooves that god is true. So you respectfully you should smoke the message in your pipe.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
Nah, because if you believe in a "true god" then you are begging the question, which is a fallacy, your hidden argument behind your poorly structured word salad is amusing but not very compelling unless you already agree
KeLu777
KeLu777
-->
@Theweakeredge
Thanks! Glad to be here ☺️
Also:
Nah, because if you believe in a "true god" then you are begging the question, which is a fallacy, your hidden argument behind your poorly structured word salad is amusing but not very compelling unless you already agree
Perhaps in a modern context. Don't forget that in an ancient world, where "gods" were born and died practically every day. Empires came, conquered, and died under genuinely fake gods... and most of them had a turn at enslaving the Jews, and then the early Christians. The concept a "true and lasting God" might have been a big deal. The verbiage would carry our of reverence, tradition, and legitimate track record. One of many possible explanations.

And also consider:
"if you know that the false God is false then everything will be false. Because then you will have false love and a false life... So everything then is false for you even when you think are false but you must be false to yourself for everything to be false as well..."
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
When you believe in true god and that means that you dont begged no questions If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and you be disposed to go; whatever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.1 Corinthians 10:17  so I did not begged the questions because I agree anyway but you dont because you are atheist and you will always begg.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
No, you begged the question, its a formal fallacy where you presume your conclusion in your reasoning, premises, etc, you have what's called a "wild syllogism" just because something isn't presented in P1, P2, C, doesn't mean it isn't a syllogism.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
No, you begged the question, its a formal fallacy where you presume your conclusion in your reasoning, premises, etc, you have what's called a "wild syllogism" just because something isn't presented in P1, P2, C, doesn't mean it isn't a syllogism.
I no what you mean but the truth beggs no fools and Joseph begged the body of Jesus Matthew 17 so that really means that I did not beg because I said the truth.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
No, because you would have to prove that god is the truth, which you have not done.
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
No, because you would have to prove that god is the truth, which you have not done.
The true God is true so that means it is the truth.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
Ever heard of circular reasoning? X is true because x is true. That's what you're doing here, its fallacious and wrong
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Utanity
There are good true and bad true.  There is the poor true and even better true.

It seems to me that the one that can come up with the best sounding and convincing  true is the winner.

And the  Game of Thrones beats the Bible as truer, hands down.

Pontius Pilate said -  Quid est veritas? 

Sound like a great thinker to me.

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
Ever heard of circular reasoning? X is true because x is true. That's what you're doing here, its fallacious and wrong
I think you dont understand because I didnt say god is true because god is true what i said was that the true god is true so that means it is the truth. So the true god is is different from just true and the truth is different so when you put them together they are not circular. Because true god is true = truth not god is true = god is true. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
At this point I don't think you understand how to comprehend basic sentences, and that isn't a slight at you, what you just said is nonsensical, its wrong, a non-sequitur, what you said in the beginning, "A true god is true is equal to truth" is the same thing as saying, "God is true because god is true" we are saying it in different ways but they mean the same thing,
Utanity
Utanity
 its wrong, a non-sequitur, what you said in the beginning, "A true god is true is equal to truth" is the same thing as saying, "God is true because god is true" we are saying it in different ways but they mean the same
It is you who doesnt understand because you said one thing then you changes your mind and say non-sequitur. I'm only saying with respectful because you digging the hole that you are in.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
I never changed my mind, I have consistently thought you non-sensical and nothing about pointing out your logical fallacy was contradictory. 
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Theweakeredge
I never changed my mind, I have consistently thought you non-sensical and nothing about pointing out your logical fallacy was contradictory. 
You forgeted on porpoise because you said  Ever heard of circular reasoning? X is true because x is true. That's what you're doing here, its fallacious and wrong then you saying  its wrong, a non-sequitur because when I went to the oxford they are 2 different things.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Utanity
It is both circular reasoning and a non sequitur, you can be wrong in multiple ways.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Utanity
You forgeted on porpoise the fly with the doolies. Dabbee doo. Mikey.

Well done..... you fooled me....LOL.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Utanity
I think you dont understand because I didnt say god is true because god is true what i said was that the true god is true so that means it is the truth. So the true god is is different from just true and the truth is different so when you put them together they are not circular. Because true god is true = truth not god is true = god is true. 
Which "god" are you talking about?

What's your personally preferred definition of "god"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Ok, ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Perhaps you've heard of Ethica Ordine Geometrico Demonstrata.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Utanity
If everything is not true then you are not true so if you know that the true God is true then everything will be true.
Do you think that perhaps it might be conceivable that SOME things might be truly TRUE and SOME things might be truly FALSE?

I mean, if you believed that everything was necessarily 100% true, wouldn't that mean that lies are impossible?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Spinoza's god doesn't apply. Ever. Its a philosophically dry point that seeks to relabel something that doesn't need a relabel and is dishonest at the very best.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Spinoza's god doesn't apply. Ever. Its a philosophically dry point that seeks to relabel something that doesn't need a relabel and is dishonest at the very best.
It's a perfect TAUTOLOGY.

It's rigorously defined.

And it matches the commonly understood definition of "god" (Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Creator, O3C).

On what point exactly does it "fail"?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Incorrect

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Creator
All of these imply a mind, an agent, especially the creator bit. So no, it is not applicable, as a mind is not demonstrated.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Creator
All of these imply a mind, an agent, especially the creator bit. So no, it is not applicable, as a mind is not demonstrated.
I don't see any "mind" buried in the mix.

And even if there were a "mind" added explicitly, it would make absolutely no difference to any of the perfectly logical statements and conclusions.

Please explain why you think a "mind" in any way "complicates" an otherwise O3C god.