Everything what is true

Author: Utanity

Total: 137
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Tradesecret
The KKK do not consider the bible to be their axiom.  What a load of nonsense. 
Not every White Christian is in the KKK. But every KKK member is a White Christian.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tradesecret
I do follow according to my conscience, though. 
That seems prudent.
Utanity
Debates: 0
Utanity
-->
@3RU7AL
Not every White Christian is in the KKK. But every KKK member is a White Christian.
Thats what they say because all their doing is making the mockery and using the christianity to make what they do look like decent. But they are not true christians anyway.
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@3RU7AL
The KKK do not consider the bible to be their axiom.  What a load of nonsense. 
I don't agree with you. I have met several KKK over the years and not one of them was a Christian. Not in the true sense. Some were what I might label nominal - meaning that they were baptized as Christian but that its truth never impacted upon them. They live their lives like any non-believer.  In other words, the ones I met did not show the fruits of the Spirit. If they were to come to my church, they would not be admitted as members nor would they be admitted to the Table - not if they were members of the KKK. 

I would put them in the same category as unbelievers. And personally I don't know of any bible believing church that would take a different view. 

The other thing is this.  Not all Christians see the Bible as an axiom.  KKK don't obviously or they would not be members of the KKK.  The Bible is anti-racist. The NT writers were the reason that slavery was brought to a screaming halt.  Yes, some Christians fought to retain slavery. So did many Democrats. In fact it was the Republican Party which were against the Slave Trade. Abraham Lincoln was a white Christian - and an anti-slavist.  HE was a Republican.  

Saying the bible is their axiom is not the same as actually using the Bible that way.  I am not trying to be arrogant in that - but there are proper means of using the bible as an axiom - and even within the Bible believing church there are a range of ways to do this - but the spread is within an acceptable range not just "however you want to do it". 

Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
Despite your nonsensical comments, I am smiling at your attempts to be consistent. 
I am very consistent every day on the dots at 7 am. The problem is that I getup at 8 am.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Utanity
Well at least you are starting to get out of bed. That is a good start. I know it has been difficult for you for some time now.  

I hope you have eased up on your drinking as well.  
Utanity
Utanity
-->
@Tradesecret
I hope you have eased up on your drinking as well.  
Jose Cuervo and me we used to be real close matys but I gave him the flick.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tradesecret
The Bible is anti-racist.
Although, not quite as much as you might hope.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@3RU7AL
The NT writer Paul clearly articulates the message of the Gospel to all nations. He takes Jesus's words and expounds them.  The Gospel went from being national - Israel to multi-national. Pentecost is a clear picture of this - the gospel being proclaimed in many languages.  Paul in his gospel said there is no difference between male and female, Jew and Gentile, slave or master.  Like Jesus, he broke through all the walls and pulled them down. 

The OT from the Garden of Eden spoke this same message - that the gospel would bless all nations of the world through Jesus.  Abraham was the Father of many nations.  People from many nations came into the OT covenant of Israel - including Ruth. 

Israel was selected not because of superiority but because it was the smallest and weakest of nations to be the nation that the Messiah came from.  The Messiah had to be one nationality. Israel was chosen and singled out so that every one would be aware of where he was coming from. The Jews were the chosen nation for the Messiah.  The Messiah who would come first for the Jew, but then for all nations of the world.  

That Christians who are predominantly are Gentiles are able to see this picture is clearly an anti-racist sentiment. For us to not promote our own nations as superior is anti-nationalist.  If someone calls themselves a Christian but thinks their nation or colour is superior then they are REJECTING the message of the Gospel. I would suggest that this is a clear indicator that they need to go back and see what the Gospel is all about. It is reconciliation between God and Man. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
 The Bible is anti-racist.

No Ammonite or Moabite or any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the lord, not even in the tenth generation (Deuteronomy 23:3).

And god also forbids intermarriage with these foreign tribes (Deut. 7:3; Ezra 9:2, 10:10; Nehemiah 13).
Then there is the Egyptians and  Canaanites

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."Matthew 15:24

"These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.” (Matthew 10:5–6).
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
"These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.” (Matthew 10:5–6).
Paul (who was not one of the twelve) apparently didn't get the memo.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tradesecret
That Christians who are predominantly are Gentiles are able to see this picture is clearly an anti-racist sentiment.
Why are nearly all Christian Churches 90% homogeneous?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@3RU7AL
Culture. 

People congregate with people they are comfortable with. 

Our church in Australia is multi-cultural.  We have over 20 different nationalities - who all come from the suburb we live in. 

Lots of African and Asian, Islander, a few Europeans, a couple of local indigenous folk and even a couple of South Americans.  Given many of these families are large - they make up over 75% of the congregation. 

And this is not unusual here in Australia. 

Interestingly, it is the local whites that see religion as an old hat thing.  Whites tend to hate religion. I think it is part of their culture.  Perhaps your hatred of religion is because you are white.  

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tradesecret
Great.

If you say the Church you attend is 50% darker-skin-toned and 50% lighter-skin-toned, that's amazing.

All I'm pointing out is that would be a statistical anomaly.

Most Churches are either 90% darker-skin-toned OR 90% lighter-skin-toned.

Typically when a Church approaches an 80%/20% ratio, the Church will split.

Some small percentage of skin-tone-diversity is always sought-after, but only up-to about a 10% minority population is (subconsciously) tolerated.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@3RU7AL
I think churches reflect to a greater extent the community they are in.  

It would be an interesting statistic to see the correlation between local churches and the communities they are placed in. I suspect that we would find that every community group in the world, religious and non-religious  - more or less - reflects their local community. 

It would be different for larger congregations and community organisations which pull from a great distance. 

My local tennis club has pretty much the same demographics as my church. And my local little athletics is pretty much the same. 

The shopping area has lots of multi-cultural shops - mainly food. 

And if I were to travel a little out of town,  I think the same holds true as well.  Country towns seem to be more likely to be white people. Yet a growing number of other cultures are starting to move in.  They would prefer to stay closer to the big cities of course. Yet the government is giving incentives to move into the country. And the churches in the country towns typically have the non-whites attend church - before they start their own congregations.  

As I said culture play a large part.  People like to sing and listen in their own native tongue.  Using a second or third language can become very tiring. Also - the cultural differences and traditions can be quite upsetting on both sides.  Africans have a different clock. They see time as an idol of the west.  On the other hand - the Western Cultures value time. Music is a huge issue as well.    Not just for different nationalities but for different generations.  It can be very divisive.  Not in the sense that people hate each other - but in the sense of comfortableness.  My brother for instance - is unable to listen to much of the modern music - it sends his arrhythmia into overdrive.  

Yet my son, prefers the modern music - and tolerates to some extent - the older hymns.  I personally prefer singing Psalms.  

I have not found -overt  racism to be part of any congregation I have been part of.   There are different traditions - which has caused some issues - but predominantly, the biggest issues which have divided the congregation and caused splits has been over personality splits.  When people come in and expect every person to simply say yes - and not express an opinion.  And typically the split is not earthshattering. Normally, the person has come with one or two people - and then when they find that the rest of the congregation like to think and express their opinions, the newcomer and their one or two friends leave and head of to the next church in the street.  

Racism in Australian churches - at least from my anecdotal experience over several denominations and decades is almost totally non-existent.  It really is not an issue. 

My closest friend growing up was a young Aboriginal man.  At times I saw him racially abused - but never at church. It occurred at school and by people I know were quite anti-religious.  Or it occurred when we were at the local pub or some party. Yet, it is true this friend of mine would also call whiteys "white trash" sometimes as a form of endearment and at other times as a total insult.   

Although clearly racism existed in the community - I do not recall it every being a problem in the church.  Yet, I would not say it did not occur.  I just never saw it - and if I believe as I do that the church reflects to some extent more or less the local community - I expect there would have been some.  However, my church as most other churches are not intrinsically racist.   I think  racist churches are anomalies, not the norm.  The Gospel is for all nations. Not just one and in Christ - the church teaches all are one.   
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Tradesecret
It looks like Seventh-day Adventists, Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Buddhists top the charts for the most "racially" diverse.

And National Baptist Convention, Lutheran, United Methodist, African Methodist, and Hindus are the least "racially" diverse.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@3RU7AL
Interesting stats and source.  

I certainly am not going to argue the point.