Author: Stephen

Total: 281
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR QUOTE OF ACCEPTANCE OF ORTHODOXY AS YOUR BIOGRAPHY SO STATES: "You don't understand my beliefs. Not at all. "

Since Stephen allegedly doesn't understand your beliefs, then tell us what they are regarding Orthodox Christianity! Since the Orthodox Church is one of the three main Christian divisions of the faith, whereas the others being Roman Catholic and Protestant, which one do you follow? This is especially important to tell us since the word 'Orthodox' takes its meaning from the Greek words orthos ('right') and doxa ('belief'), hence the word Orthodox means the correct belief or right thinking. Therefore, which correct belief and right thinking do you follow, and how do you know you follow the correct division of the orthodox faith where ALL OF THE THREE contradict each other, but yet, they are all correct using the term orthodoxy???!!!  LOL

BEGIN:

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
The story of Jesus Christ is perhaps the most well-known across the globe – but more than 2,000 years later, experts still seem to be finding out more information. One of the latest discoveries is that Jesus had a twin brother – also known as the apostle Thomas – and that it was actually Thomas who was seen after the supposed resurrection, and not Christ. Thomas, who was one of Christ’s original 12 followers, was given the full name Didymos Judas Thomas, something which has led certain sectors of Christianity to believe he was the twin of the Messiah, because his name literally has the word twin in it twice.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@FLRW
Hahahahahaaaa!

I see you aren't restricted to science links doing your thinking for you. Funny.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ethang5
Well, it does explain the Resurrection.
rosends
rosends
Is it possible to subscribe to an organizational structure but not adopt every single position officially espoused by that organization or should one ssume that if someone "is" an X then that person implicitly is defined by and limited to the codified beliefs of X?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Nor restricted to the scriptures either.  The Gnostic gospels speak of the "twin " Didymus.  Didymus Judas Thomas, to give him his full title. 
But you believe the Gnostic gospels to be heresy don't you.... when it suites you.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Not one of you has a clue about what we believe. You only debate your own imaginations.
Stupidity.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
Stupidity.

That you believe the scriptures to be true is enough. And I see you avoided the questions Mopac. 

Why didn't Jesus simply eradicate all leprosy instead of curing just a few lepers, Mopac ?
Why did Jesus waste his maiden "miracle" on making sure wedding guests got drunk ?
Why didn't Jesus raise the greatest prophet that ever lived;  John the Baptist from the dead as he had done his mere friend Lazarus ? 

Why didn't Jesus shed a single tear for the greatest prophet that ever lived when he heard about his death, as he cried for his friend Lazarus ?  

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@FLRW
Well, it does explain the Resurrection
Lol, as godzilla explains plate tectonics, sure. Stop, you're killing me!
ethang5
ethang5
--> @Stephen

But you believe the Gnostic gospels to be heresy don't you.... when it suites you.
Then it must always suit me, coward.

It is actually you who believes ancient books - when it suits you. But cowards are wishy-washy aren't they?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
The measure you use to judge will be used to judge you.

I am not interested in having a discussion with you about scripture. You do not respect the authority of the church, and you are anti-Christian. There will never be an end to these fruitless discussions.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mopac
We certainly do believe that we partake of the body and blood of Christ. 
As a Catholic you believe you literally drink the blood and eat the flesh of Jesus Christ.

Do you actually believe that? Calling this a delusion would be an understatement.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Reece101
It is certainly a mystery. One not for those on the outside.

For you, there is kerygma. Mystagogy is for those in the church.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mopac
It is certainly a mystery.
Mystery? You’re literally eating the blood and flesh of Jesus aren’t you?

One not for those on the outside.
Hmm true. I do bathe in my dragons blood to make my soul immortal.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Reece101
Without humility and charity, it is impossible to come to know these mysteries. As long as you think you know better, the door will be shut.

That is how it works. 

But know this, you will forever be mocking what you don't understand. If you knew what you were mocking, you would certainly not behave the same way.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mopac
Without humility and charity, it is impossible to come to know these mysteries. As long as you think you know better, the door will be shut.

That is how it works. 
Humility, charity, mystery— all words to dampen the blow of people acknowledging how delusional your beliefs are.
Those words also go to show you don’t actually believe what you espouse.

But know this, you will forever be mocking what you don't understand. If you knew what you were mocking, you would certainly not behave the same way.
We both know exactly what I’m mocking. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Reece101
You think you know what you mock, but you don't truly know. If you knew, you would be ashamed. Because you are ignorant, you are forgiven. If you truly knew, it would be worse for you.

Christ himself said it was a hard teaching. But it isn't for you to know, you are not with us. Rather, you even stand against us. Mystagogy is not for those on the outside. What you get instead are parables.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mopac
You think you know what you mock, but you don't truly know. If you knew, you would be ashamed. Because you are ignorant, you are forgiven. If you truly knew, it would be worse for you.
It went from the belief of partaking in literally consuming the flesh and blood of Jesus, to ‘you would be ashamed if you knew Jesus died for our sins.’
Do you see the internal dialogue you’re having? If I was from another radical denomination of Christianity, I would be calling you satanic right now.

Christ himself said it was a hard teaching. But it isn't for you to know, you are not with us. Rather, you even stand against us. Mystagogy is not for those on the outside. What you get instead are parables.
This sounds very much like a cult mentality. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Reece101
I never said "you would be ashamed if you knew Jesus died for our sins".

But you do in fact mock what you don't understand, and if you really knew what you were mocking, you would be ashamed.

I said before, the faith is blocked off from those who lack charity and humility. If you don't have these things, you are going to be confounded by exteriors.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Mopac
I’m starting to get bored. You’re bringing things up we’ve already discussed.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Reece101
I'm sure that there will be others to answer you the way you would like, and as I said, ultimately it will be fruitless. To answer you in the way you would like would not get to the root of things. It will be an endless discussion, and in the end, you will not be convinced. The people talking to you will not be convinced by your viewpoint either.

But truly, no one can escape God. We all die, and this is to humble us before God. Death exists so that we know that evil is not immortal. There  will be a resurection, a death of death itself. When that day comes, the light of truth will reveal all things. A shame for those who put their faith in vanity, a comfort for those who put all their hope in Truth.

For when all things are revealed, evil will not be able to masquerade as something else. There will be no more illusion. We all will be known even as we are known by God.

Our faith is not a set of facts. It is not information. It is a mode of being. A way of life. To do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God, who is The Truth.

Mopac
Mopac
As we sing on glorious pascha,

"Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and to those in the tombs bestowing life."

To abide in Christ is to abide in that life. To abide in darkness is to be burned by that light that exposes the darkness.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Mopac,

YOUR QUOTE OF ACCEPTANCE OF ORTHODOXY AS YOUR BIOGRAPHY SO STATES: "You don't understand my beliefs. Not at all. "

Since Stephen allegedly doesn't understand your beliefs, then tell us what they are regarding Orthodox Christianity! Since the Orthodox Church is one of the three main Christian divisions of the faith, whereas the others being Roman Catholic and Protestant, which one do you follow? This is especially important to tell us since the word 'Orthodox' takes its meaning from the Greek words orthos ('right') and doxa ('belief'), hence the word Orthodox means the correct belief or right thinking. Therefore, which correct belief and right thinking do you follow, and how do you know you follow the correct division of the orthodox faith where ALL OF THE THREE contradict each other, but yet, they are all correct using the term orthodoxy???!!!  LOL

BEGIN:

That is an excellent  and fair request, Brother.  But I fear it will be as fruitless as my request for the Monk to answer just those few questions I posed concerning the scriptures that he swears are a  true account of the birth, life and death of the Christ. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
That you believe the scriptures to be true is enough. And I see you avoided the questions Mopac. 
Why didn't Jesus simply eradicate all leprosy instead of curing just a few lepers, Mopac ?
Why did Jesus waste his maiden "miracle" on making sure wedding guests got drunk ?
Why didn't Jesus raise the greatest prophet that ever lived;  John the Baptist from the dead as he had done his mere friend Lazarus ? 
Why didn't Jesus shed a single tear for the greatest prophet that ever lived when he heard about his death, as he cried for his friend Lazarus ?  

I am not interested in having a discussion with you about scripture. You do not respect the authority of the church, and you are anti-Christian. There will never be an end to these fruitless discussions.

Of course you're not.  As simple as those questions above  are for someone that claims access to a higher knowledge than other Christians you are simply far too afraid to take them on.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You will simply ask the same questions over and over again without accepting any answer you have been given.

I have seen how you interact.

But your beef here has more to do with you prefering things happened a different way. That isn't what happened. What more can be said? It is not a problem for me. It qould be better if you didn't make it a problem for you. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

How much time do you need to actually answer my  godly question to you in my post #263 above?  You do NOT want to be like the inept pseudo-christian Bible fool ethang5 do you, where he too RUNS AWAY from simple and logical questions, do you?  What you seemingly fail to realize is the FACT that other members of this prestigious forum are watching you RUN AWAY from pertinent questions relative to your division of faith, why?

If you are too ashamed to tell us which one of the three contradicting orthodox churches you belong to, then just admit this fact, but at the same time you will be going directly against Jesus' words which is BLASPHEME!

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

THE MEMBERSHIP IS WAITING:

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I'm not sure what you are asking, because so many of your "facts" are wrong.

There is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. That being the case, denominationalism is a heresy as a denomination is by definition not catholic. There aren't three churches, there is only one.

I belong to The Orthodox Catholic Church which accepts the following councils as ecumenical...

The First Council of Nicaea in 325
The First Council of Constantinople in 381,
The Council of Ephesus in 431,
The Council of Chalcedon in 451
The Second Council of Constantinople in 553
The Third Council of Constantinople from 680–681 The Second Council of Nicaea in 787
The Fourth Council of Constantinople from 879-880

I belong to The Orthodox Catholic Church in which everyone recognizes the following jurisdictions within the church as autocephalous...

Patriarchate of Constantinople
Patriarchate of Alexandria
Patriarchate of Antioch
Patriarchate of Jerusalem
Patriarchate of Moscow
Patriarchate of Serbia
Patriarchate of Romania
Patriarchate of Bulgaria
Patriarchate of Georgia
Church of Cyprus
Church of Greece
Church of Poland
Church of Albania
Church of the Czech Lands and Slovakia

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
If God is omniscient then he didn't technically die for you since he knew you wouldn't accept the concept. 
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR ASSUMED DEFINITION OF  ORTHODOXY OF HELL BOUND CATHOLICS: "There is One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. That being the case, denominationalism is a heresy as a denomination is by definition not catholic.

The Hell Bound Catholics do NOT hold the definition of orthodoxy upon their own. Therefore, tell us what orthodoxy church variation you belong to because the Orthodox Church has many DIVISIONS of its names, including Holy Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, Orthodox Christian, and Eastern Christian. Which of the previous variations of orthodox concepts do you call your home, and tell us you think that you have chosen the correct one out of the many?!

Furthermore, until Jesus comes down on a beam of light, knocks upon your door, and then tells you the correct variation of orthodoxy, or another church division altogether of the faith, you cannot in an ABSOLUTE manner proclaim your Hell Bound Catholic Church is the correct church to begin with, understand?

EXPLAIN:

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I already told you how to identify the church based on the ecumenical councils we accept and the churches that are in communion with.