Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 238
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Interesting interjection there.

I would suggest that modern U.S. politics is now so polarised as to be indistinguishable....If you get my meaning.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man and from man to pig etc.

I think that Orwell would have found it:

Impossible to say which was which.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
You had no real counter to my Syrian Kansas observation, as it was an irrefutable point....And so you reverted back to the old style sarcastic Mr E.
Stop being silly. We should let Syrian jihadis in because they are closer to our original ancestors? That is ridiculous on its face. The fact that Syria is closer to our ancestors is a non-sequitur. You are known for them. I know you well enough not to go down your rabbit holes when you have nothing to say and want to appear as if you do.

Be careful you don't get stabbed by someone willing to clean the toilets for you there Z-man. That's the price of "multicultural progress".

I think that Orwell would have found it: Impossible to say which was which.
You seem to be able to tell just fine liberal.

Zed will argue the dems position till you beat him, then he'll jump on the fence, his favorite place, and act as if he has not been towing their liberal line all along.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@ethang5
I’m beginning to think that anti-racism political correctness is just a big lie and that pretty much most everyone’s racist, or at least racially ethnocentric. People talk the talk on racism, but they don’t walk the walk. Look at where people choose to live or where they choose to send their kids to school. I see it around, I see it here, I see it everywhere. I’m beginning to think that racism and ethnocentrism aren’t things that can be whittled down to the point where they don’t have unacceptable adverse impacts on a lot of peoples lives. Perhaps it’s human nature and no matter how hard people try they can’t stop being the way they are.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Death23
implicit racism. 

People like to think because overt or explicit racism is mostly winding down, that people simply aren't racist anymore, that is untrue. Things as simple a television program can code implicit racism or any other mode of thought (hence why people say good representation in media matters), it's a lot of presumptions that people don't even notice they make, but still do, and it can definitely be mitigated. The problem is that not very many people are aware of that racism in the first place.
Death23
Death23
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yes, I’ve read about it and I did the test which showed significant implicit bias. People have to train themselves to stop thinking like that, but it seems to be the default way for most people. I’m thinking it may be hopeless.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Death23
All true Death23, we all are that way to some extent or other. But for me, the aggravating thing is the people who do all this liberal progressive talk about racism who are the most racist themselves.

I see BLM activists calling black police officers "niggers", I hear Biden telling African American people they aren't black if they don't vote for him, and I see how quickly SJW's will throw out the word "racist". I know there are racists on the right, but the right is not perpetually singing the virtues of race tolerance only to become racists at the drop of a hat.

Though I had not mentioned race above, Zed insisted I was motivated by racism when he was the only one making race an issue. Even after that was pointed out to him, he insisted that I was "thinking" racism! It is difficult to rise above your culture and see how it influences you, few ever see it.

But America's past with racism has become a burden to the youth of today. They are easily manipulated by charlatans wanting to stir up racial strife. 
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Death23
You are on the money, with the exception that while “ethno”centrism is always based around identity, it isn’t always based around race or ethnicity. In America it’s increasingly based around politics/culture.

The most vitriolic fight in this country isn’t between whites and blacks but between culturally conservative whites and cultural liberal whites (plus a slice of minorities who are culturally indistinguishable from liberal whites despite pretending to be otherwise and intermarry with them.) Minorities tend to be on the sidelines. They throw their lot in with liberal whites electorally, but there is no great love between these various groups and the coalition is looking increasingly shaky. 

This post is a real treat if you haven’t seen it already: https://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Theweakeredge
The problem is that not very many people are aware of that racism in the first place.
Blacks and other minorities are acutely aware of it.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ethang5
Quite obviously, I was speaking (which should be contextually clear) of the people doing the racism. Doing? I don't know if that's the proper verb, uh..., it works as well as it can I suppose.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
homicide and poverty rates in native vs immigrant areas  and cities

Immigrants need to come and be prepared to assimilate into native culture
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Mm... its almost like immigrants are discriminated against violently...
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
I argue the dems position because you argue the reps position. .....That's the general gist of it.

Though one doesn't need to have any political allegiance to understand that Mr T was inept,  academically challenged and not fit for purpose. 

I usually couldn't care less who is running the U.S.A.....But when you've obviously got a buffoon with their finger on the button, one has a tendency to get a little concerned.

And assuming that all Syrians are jihadists is like assuming that all white republicans are KKK.
Death23
Death23
-->
@thett3
Politics and religion can be changed. There is hope in that way. And they usually aren’t discussed much unless both people are on the same side of things. (there’s usually some hint about it that gives the green light) So, in that way it’s kindof an invisible difference I guess I’m probably oblivious to in a lot of situations. When people get together and start praying before eating then it starts to become awkward lol. Race can’t be changed, and it’s a very visible difference. I can walk in to a church nobody’s gonna know. I can’t get gas at the cheapest Arco in Memphis without sticking out like a sore thumb.
Death23
Death23
-->
@Theweakeredge
No idea who's doing it until they do it. What percentage of folk is doing it? IDK. If I were to throw out a number I'd say maybe 25% wouldn't surprise me.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I argue the dems position because you argue the reps position. .....That's the general gist of it.
Untrue. You never argue the reps position when libs are bloviating. You argue the dems position because it is YOUR position.

Though one doesn't need to have any political allegiance to understand that Mr T was inept,  academically challenged and not fit for purpose. 
One only needs mass media induced TDS and a healthy inability to see reality.
You guys said Trump would start a war. North Korea/Middle East/Russia - Peace instead
You said Trump would tank the economy - The economy boomed
You said Trump would harm minorities - Best minority employment figures in decades under Trump
You said manufacturing jobs would not return - They were returning before covid. You were wrong
I could go on, but it us obvious that reality doesn't puncture your dome of TDS

I usually couldn't care less who is running the U.S.A.....
Exactly, because TDS works only against Trump.

But when you've obviously got a buffoon with their finger on the button, one has a tendency to get a little concerned.
You fit the definition of "buffoon" far better than Trump. But your TDS filters that truth out. I can list Trumps accomplishments, other than bleet on the internet, what have you done?

And assuming that all Syrians are jihadists is like assuming that all white republicans are KKK.
I'll take any white Republican over any Syrian jihidist any day. How many white republicans have bombed schools and markets all over the world? Heck, how many KKK's are there operating in the US? Israel? The Middle East? Russia? Africa?

The world is right now in flames from crazed murderous jihadists, and you're so woke you're complaining about a local movement that died in the 1960's.

When you can tell the difference between a Syrian Mr. Rogers and a Syrian Jihadi Joe, let us know and we might let them in if they meet the other qualifications. Till then, we like America unlike Britain, where jihadist idiots with no business being in country aren't going on stabbing rampages every fortnight, thank you. (Jihadist stabbing/politian eulogize/sheep place flowers/liberals ship more in/jihadists stabbing....rinse, repeat)

Other than that, how's the weather there?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Bloviate...Nice word.....I bloviate, you bloviate, they all like to bloviate.

I don't care because I am British and also because I have a trust in human nature.....If you remember I posted a forum at the start of Trumps tenure where I stated that I had high hopes for his presidency....Sadly he just didn't live up to expectation....There's far more to the job than managing the domestic budget.

And the real U.S. power brokers would never allow a war to start with either Russia or North Korea....Too costly on all fronts.

And in the Middle East one mans peace is another mans desolation.....Same old Israeli led self preservation politics.....Smile for the cameras Mr T.

And for a person so widely travelled you have seemingly  gained no insight at all, into the lives of the real, ordinary, aspirational people that exist all over the World.

So, grab your guns and your banjo and run for the hills, because they're all out to get ya.....Because you are suffering from what is known as PARANOIA......I would suggest.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
And the real U.S. power brokers would never allow a war to start with either Russia or North Korea....Too costly on all fronts.
But that little tidbit didn't stop them from running around like chicken little predicting war if Trump got into power. They were wrong about Trump. You are wrong.

And in the Middle East one mans peace is another mans desolation.....Same old Israeli led self preservation politics.....Smile for the cameras Mr T.
Peace between now 5 Arab countries and Israel is not domestic. Europe now paying their promised fair share for defense is not domestic. New fairer trade deals with Canada and Mexico is not domestic. Asserting freedom of navigation in the south China Sea is not domestic.

And for a person so widely travelled you have seemingly  gained no insight at all, into the lives of the real, ordinary, aspirational people that exist all over the World.
Those are the people who like Trump the most. And they aren't just in America. "Insightful" is not just people who agree with you. Show us some facts, not your hurt feelings.

So, grab your guns and your banjo and run for the hills, because they're all out to get ya.....Because you are suffering from what is known as PARANOIA......I would suggest.
You're the one short on facts but big on TDS. You just conceded that Trump is not incompetent with the domestic budget.  What else are you wrong about?

There's far more to the job than managing the domestic budget.
But you started by calling him obviously wholly incompetent. Now you admit he is not incompetent with the domestic budget. You are suffering from a terminal case of TDS Zed. I blame the biased BBC as much as I blame you.

So you throw in code words like "banjo", all without a shred of evidence except your subjective feelings, while reality rebukes you. Oh when will they cone up with  vaccination for TDS?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
np they aren’t, they get government privileges more than native citizens but they bring their third world culture

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
-_-

Did you just make that claim? Some are, some aren't that generalization wouldn't work even if it was true, because they are in the most need of that help, not to mention the native population gets waaay more funding in what you're talking about. You are flat out factually incorrect here.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
There’s tons of evidence that minority welfare destroys their societies, along with their bad culture

Now I don’t hate immigrants, but it’s very concerning when lots of immigrants come without any laws prohibiting negative consequences of immigration
Death23
Death23
-->
@Theweakeredge
Guy's been talkin' out of his ass left and right for years. None of it should be taken seriously. Shoot down the bullshit IMO.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Then present the evidence
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Death23
Will do, as I have been
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
It’s pretty obvious that Hispanic immigration areas are run down, it’s unfortunate 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No, prove it. Until you demonstrate your claims, I can dismiss them as unproven claims. Prove your position.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
lol you seriously think my claims are wrong
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I think you haven't proven a single thing you've said. Until then especially, no, I don't believe your claims are true.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Theweakeredge
i don’t have to, that is a fact
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No... you claim it to be a fact, prove it. 
Death23
Death23
-->
@Theweakeredge
He's hopeless