A Fallen, Fine Tuned Universe

Author: Jarrett_Ludolph

Total: 83
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I can only see her behavior, but she might be better than you even genetically. My money would be on her.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Well in my opinion, that's just a biased opinion, based upon a theistic bias.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
That is what you say in virtually every post you make to the religion board.

My response: eh
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
So?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
In our Western Societies - assault is both a crime against the state and a crime against the individual.  The State takes its remedy out in the criminal justice system and the individual sues in the civil legal system.  

In some cases - gee consider O J Simpson - is not guilty against the state but found liable in the civil courts.  

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret

Tradesecret wrote: I also said as is revealed in the Bible.  One example is murder. You shall not murder.  If a human murders another human that is sinning. 
So murder is a sin and a breach of gods law. OK . It also happens to be a criminal offence in mans law, too.

Then you say :
Tradesecret wrote: Sin is not something humans do to each other. That is an offence.
And an offence of murder committed by man is also  a crime against god and man , is it not?  

So?

So answer the question.  

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@zedvictor4
Then what evolution are you talking about?
Jarrett_Ludolph
Debates: 4
Jarrett_Ludolph
Thank you commentators for the responses. As always, I will not respond because I was just asking a question (and accepting the answer given) and not starting a debate with you (I would have created a debate in the debate section if I wanted to debate) . others are welcome to debate people on this forum though.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Why? It is your question not mine. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Sum1hugme
You haven't demonstrated anything that needs to be designed.

Perhaps the term "designed" is misleading. However, there needs to be thought and intelligence to carry out a given process through the understanding of what needs to be done to achieve a particular desired outcome. To look at the universe to what it is at this time and believe it has no relation to intelligence or aforethought is simple-minded to be polite about it. Every process we observe serves to carry out specific results and useful applications, from light to heat, from the formation of stars and planets to galaxies, to the arrangement of solar systems, from eco-systems to water to embodiments ect ect.... Even as you sit there and type out your responses you must know you are the results of an intelligent process I mean come on, how much more obvious can it get?

Or how that means something like the universe is designed

Is the universe void of understanding? if so then how did anything ever work to get it where it is? does nothingness and inanimate materials know how to create things and construct things into existence and make something work correctly?
Is it void of processes? or productions?
Is it void of arrangements?
Is it void of order?
Is it void of organization?
Is it void of desired results?
Is it void of mathematics and application?

With all these components its a wonder how any simpleton could believe the universe just happened to know how to construct itself into existence lol. With absolutely no thought or intelligence at all how do processes begin bringing about results of any kind let alone the kind we observe?? 
The very processes themselves are an indicator that a Creator was involved. This design theory suggests perfection which is why I don't use that term. We're not looking for perfection in a physical universe, we are simply looking for what works and what doesn't and what is needed for the experience of living within it. God simply has an idea, understands what it will take to manifest it and what materials will be suitable...from there it's a matter of generating the process and developing that idea into what it is. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@zedvictor4
Evolution has taken billions of years to create what a designer should be able to do in a day, or two.

Lol Wtf? seriously....we're not talking about painting a picture or building a mud hut and where materials are sitting right next to us. We're talking about an enormous process of having nothing and bringing into existence an entire universe chock full of stars, galaxies, solar systems, planets, eco-systems, creatures and embodiments of all types and you suggest it can be done in a day or two? don't forget the idea of something can be formulated relatively quickly, a plan can be conjured up pretty quickly but the process that brings everything together takes as long as it has taken. This idea that God poofs things into existence is stupid and probably due to the misinterpretation of religious ideas.
Evolution occurs at all stages of the universes appearance and development not just with species, evolution defined as "the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form" is the very process of manifesting an idea into a reality. This gradual development of creation is not just a Darwinian model it is a universal application and compatible with a Creator. 

And evolution is still ongoing and there is still no perceivable designer.

Okay Zeddy, the process of evolution itself is the indicator some one is putting something into action. Unless you want to accept that inanimate materials somehow begin to formulate and carry out processes all by themselves as if they had minds? I mean we could....if we wanted to be intellectual boneheads....

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@EtrnlVw
Ok. EtrnlVwY....The processes of evolution are an indicator that something is in action.....To suggest that "some one" initiated the process is not only illogical, but also ridiculous.

Something may have re-initiated a process......But that still doesn't account for a beginning.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Sin entered the world through one man.#5

Where did  sin come from?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
answered before.  But you can go and find it. I don't have a burning desire to so. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
answered before.  But you can go and find it. I don't have a burning desire to so. 

I  just knew that you would resort to outright lying eventually?   You are coming across far too much  like ethang5 , by the second. he's not sharing your password is he. That is very naughty , don't you know?
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
I am not lying. And you lying about me only reflects on you. 

I have said on numerous occasions that sin came into this world when Adam and Eve fell to the temptations of Satan.  We spent entire pages talking about it - or have you conveniently forgotten? I suppose I would delete such memories if I had copped the flogging you had.  

Yet to then suggest that Ethang and I are sharing passwords, well - you are desperate aren't you? 

Ethang5 is a good friend of mine.  I have know him for a significant period of time. And if you think we are like each other, that is a huge compliment for me.  

If I could be more like him, I would. 

I bid you a merry Christmas Stephen, perhaps you might wake up and realise that Jesus came to save sinners like you and me and Ethang5. I pray that even your eyes might be opened to the truth.  

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
Nothing has been substantiated...That is the ongoing issue....And if you want to be picky...Nothing has not been substantiated either....That is the ongoing conundrum.
"Nothing" is irrational. It isn't a conundrum.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Where did  sin come from?

I  just knew that you would resort to outright lying eventually?   You are coming across far too much  like ethang5 , by the second. he's not sharing your password is he. That is very naughty , don't you know?

I have said on numerous occasions that sin came into this world when Adam and Eve fell to the temptations of Satan. 

This does not explain where sin came from. You simply cannot say so without implicating god as its originator, can you?   In over 100 biblical verses, scriptures clearly tell us that "god created everything".  Would you like a few examples, Reverend?

then suggest that Ethang and I are sharing passwords, well - you are desperate aren't you?  Ethang5 is a good friend of mine.  I have know him for a significant period of time. And if you think we are like each other, that is a huge compliment for me.  

You are JUST LIKE HIM, Reverend, so congratulations.  And I believe the friendship to be very tight. So tight in fact I am convinced even more that you are sharing a password.  I can't prove it of course. 

perhaps you might wake up and realise that Jesus came to save sinners like you
But you don't know that,  and you have  said so many times just recently. You & ethang5  just cannot get your script together can you.  And you wouldn't have a clue if I had sinned or not. 

I pray that even your eyes might be opened to the truth.  

Yes praying,  gets you far doesn't it Reverend. You pray that the lords  "will be done" but don't even know what the will to be done even is. 

" they will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

You don't even know how it is done in heaven to be enable it to be done on earth.  

I bid you a merry Christmas Stephen

Just another day to me at my age , Reverend. But I sincerely do hope it goes well for you.    And baring a death & sickness in the family, I would be more than pleased to hear ethang5 had the worst possible Christmas he could ever possibly have.  

Ethang5 is a good friend of mine.  I have know him for a significant period of time. And if you think we are like each other, that is a huge compliment for me.  

Ethang5,  your  "great friend that you aspire to be even more like" is a man the believes anyone murdered by jihadists are simply  "sheep and solders", didn't you know?   >>>  for context see >>> 
 "   Why would any sort of jihadist keep me awake? Most of the world is not as run over with jihadists as England is. Only sheep or soldiers get killed by jihadists".    #154.

I had to remind him that millions of these "sheep"  murdered by Jihadists are in fact his Christian brothers and sisters.   So I can only hope that your aspirations - as a serving Pastor & Chaplin -  do not stoop to such  vile low depths as those of your " very good and faithful friend that you " aspire to me more like"? 

Consider that when you are shoveling down your Christmas dinner, Reverend!

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
How many times will it take you to realise that sin is not a thing?  It is an action. An act or an omission. It was not created. It was done by humans. 

But still you will keep on with your own personal myths in order to try and prove something.  Yet Christians don't hold to the view that sin is a thing. 

So, no matter what lies you tell yourself - it won't change a thing for Christians.  God is the creator of all good things.  Yet, we don't talk about the creation of love or hate. 

We don't say God created love.  I don't anyway.  And I have never heard anyone suggest otherwise.  

love is not a thing - it is an action or an emotion but it is not a thing that can be created. 

When you figure this out - perhaps you might have an epiphany. LLOLL!  Merry Christmas Stephen.  
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
"Nothing" is variously defined.

Though nothing is fine, as is something....It's the bit in between that is either irrational or a conundrum....You choose.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Merry Christmas Stephen.  

Same to you, sincerely,  Chaplain

Say a prayer for all of the families of  those fallen soldiers that will never again be sharing Christmas with a lost mother or father, brother or sister who's lives,  among other "sheep", were taken by jihadists . I ask this because you do tell us that:

"Iam also a chaplain to our Countries Defence forces, a position Icould not have without proper qualifications".  #20

Here's  a list of those fallen 

Will you be representing any of those Australian soldiers who are being accused of war crimes, Reverend?
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@EtrnlVw
.However, there needs to be thought and intelligence to carry out a given process through the understanding of what needs to be done to achieve a particular desired outcome.
If there is an end goal then the existence of that end necessitates an end-setter. But natural processes don't operate with a goal in mind, and intelligence isn't necessary for natural processes to occur, this is a faulty premise.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
"Nothing" is variously defined.
It's being "variously defined" is insignificant. The descriptions we both sustain in the context of our exchange is. And "nothing" as I've argued it, as you've argued it, is irrational. Only "something" is rational. Conundrum abated.