XMAS 2020 Mafia - Day Phase 1

Author: Danielle

Read-only
Total: 524
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
My soul has died after finishing Kingdom of Ash. I literally want to cry for the rest of my life 😭

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
VTL Supa por actividad
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
So you recommend the series?  I haven't found a new fantasy series that I liked for a long time.  I didn't really the Game of Thrones, even, though I eventually got into the TV series.  I hear Hulu is working on a TV series.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@oromagi
Look, bad jokes never stopped me from trying before. I won't be daunted!
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@oromagi
Believe this one is a book series. Be happy to recommend some fantasy books if you're interested, but can't say I'm terribly familiar with TV shows of that variety.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
So you recommend the series?  I haven't found a new fantasy series that I liked for a long time.  I didn't really the Game of Thrones, even, though I eventually got into the TV series.  I hear Hulu is working on a TV series.
Highly recommend the series. I literally cried so much in the final book. It’s full of plot twists and action, adventure, romance, competition, magic, suspense, you name it. One thing I highly recommend is that you don’t look up anything about it cause it’ll spoil it for you. It’ll be hard but if you stick to that you’ll enjoy it the most.

I heard about the Hulu Series but idk if it’s happening cause Maas hasn’t said much about it. But I promise you that like every element is present there. Lots of deductive reasoning if you can figure it out :).

Female main protagonist but there are also other characters whose viewpoints are told. Definitely highly recommend. Here’s the order I’d reccomend:

Assassin’s Blade, Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, (Assassin’s Blade again as a refresher if you want), Queen of Shadows, Empire of Storms, Tower of Dawn, Kingdom of Ash.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Every time I have reread the series I’ve discovered something new that I missed last time.

I read Throne of Glass in middle school 6-8 grades and just read the final book in my first year of college. Probably my all time favorite series
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
Vote Count

SupaDudz (oromagi, Pie) -- 2/7 votes 
LikeMagic
Debates: 0
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
I was not playing live mafia because of work (no longer an issue), and have continued to not play because I damages my vocal cord and have to rest my voice maximum extent to avoid surgery. So, short answer I will be participating normal. I think we should probably vote for speed for full claim, since everyone seems so reluctant to lynch him all the time and therefore gets away with murder as scum. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
I think my role is an SOP, but I am unsure. Erring on the side of it being one, I am hated. I disagree with my character being hated since they are an x-mas fav. of mine, but alas Danielle must have bad taste. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@whiteflame
Be happy to recommend some fantasy books if you're interested
yes, please

LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@ILikePie5
Please stop cluttering the DP with non-game talk. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@oromagi
See above
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
A good fantasy series should definitely make you cry a few times. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Be happy to recommend some fantasy books if you're interested
yes, please
Seven Realms Series, Inheritance, Falling Kingdoms, Throne of Glass, Fablehaven, Rangers Apprentice, Brotherband Chronicles, Blood Song Trilogy, Kane Chronicles, Heroes of Olympus, Clockwork Angels, Red Queen, etc 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@Lunatic
This whole OP thing seems like an odd digression. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
I was not playing live mafia because of work (no longer an issue), and have continued to not play because I damages my vocal cord and have to rest my voice maximum extent to avoid surgery. So, short answer I will be participating normal.

Awesome, hope to see you in live games again soon. Sorry about your vocal chords :/

I think we should probably vote for speed for full claim, since everyone seems so reluctant to lynch him all the time and therefore gets away with murder as scum. 
I am not sure I have got the vibe people are reluctant to lynch him, I would easily push him for a lynch if he did something I suspect. If you are referring to the last game, the context I think it was justified he didn't claim. Mikal had pushed him to claim because he thought he was "typing" on discord, and refused to believe it was a glitch. Speed screamed town to me there, and he was actually town. I wouldn't have claimed if I were him in that circumstance either.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
This whole OP thing seems like an odd digression. 
Digression from what? There had been no discussion at that point. Just voicing a theory. 
LikeMagic
LikeMagic
-->
@oromagi
I think it is just an xmas theme based on what I know about my character and your apparent character claim
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@LikeMagic
I think my role is an SOP, but I am unsure. Erring on the side of it being one, I am hated. I disagree with my character being hated since they are an x-mas fav. of mine, but alas Danielle must have bad taste. 
Definitely SOP, we’ll have to lynch you before MYLO
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@LikeMagic
because I damages my vocal cord and have to rest my voice maximum extent to avoid surgery. 
Hope you feel better!

Character claim?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
Not sure if you like to read fiction, but the Stormlight archives is one of the best Fantasy series I've ever read. Way better than GOT.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@LikeMagic
I think it is just an xmas theme based on what I know about my character and your apparent character claim
We know it's an Xmas theme b/c Danielle said so in signups, just don't know the specific theme split
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Lunatic
@oromagi
Stormlight is pretty amazing, as is the Mistborn series by the same author, Brandon Sanderson. Also recommend the Old Kingdom trilogy from Garth Nix. I'm personally a big fan of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, but that one's a slog.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Speedrace
@LikeMagic
Character claim?
I don’t think we need a Character from her. Leave it available for a CC. Same thing for Oro but he already claimed sadly
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
I guess that's an anti-town role to counter balance the innocent child. Depending on if we get a lot of anti town roles claimed or not, I buy it for balance purposes. The obvious statement here is that the longer the game goes on and you aren't killed, the more likely it is we don't make it to lylo since hypothetically scum could insta hammer you.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I guess that's an anti-town role to counter balance the innocent child. Depending on if we get a lot of anti town roles claimed or not, I buy it for balance purposes. The obvious statement here is that the longer the game goes on and you aren't killed, the more likely it is we don't make it to lylo since hypothetically scum could insta hammer you.
I don’t see an incentive for scum to claim Hated cause it’s suicide. She’s the best lynch today if we don’t have a suitable candidate today
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@LikeMagic
Where did ya go?

Was expecting a follow up to the point you made about me "Diverting" the game when no one was on. Starting to feel like that line of investigation was contrived.
Bullish
Bullish
VTL Pie

for fluff
Bullish
Bullish
-->
@LikeMagic
Please stop cluttering the DP with non-game talk. 
lets buddy