oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Danielle
@Dr.Franklin
--> @Danielle
a republican supporting amnesty, free trade, endelss wars, etc
Barry Goldwater, Richard Nixon, WIlliam F Buckley, Ronald Reagan are now made Republicans in Name Only.  Since the GOP has neglected to write a party platform for the last two elections (the 2016 party platform was the 2012 party platform except Manafort removed GOP criticisms of Russia, no 2020 party platform was ever published) I suppose all Republicans are technically RINOs because there is no platform by which one might test ideology.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@oromagi
those conservatives were at a different time, a time were free trade didnt kill american jobs

george wahsington was big on protectionism 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Dr.Franklin
@oromagi
falun gong was promoted by the CCP to make their citizens more religious because guess what-state atheism kills motivation and happiness. that doesnt disprove the source

also it isnt questionable, that is a lie
brah, don't get your news from people who think aliens are secretly hiding among us.  All you need to disprove the article is the article itself:  it doesn't report "Trump claims fraud"  it reports "there is fraud because Trump claims it."

that's  bullshit toadyism in any country, language, or religion.
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
To be clear, Republicans believe that every single election official and every state attorneys general, including in red states, is actively trying to commit fraud. So the voters can't be trusted, the voting machines can't be trusted, the Justice Department can't be trusted,  election security can't be trusted, the lower courts can't be trusted, the appellate courts can't be trusted, and the Supreme Court can't be trusted. 

But Donald Trump can be trusted. 

These people are sick.

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Dr.Franklin

those conservatives were at a different time, a time were free trade didnt kill american jobs

george wahsington was big on protectionism 
Gosh you're just wrong about everything today

Washington wraps up his foreign policy stance by advocating free trade with all nations, arguing that trade links should be established naturally and the role of the government should be limited to ensuring stable trade, defending the rights of American merchants and any provisions necessary to ensure the conventional rules of trade:

"Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest. But even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand; neither seeking nor granting exclusive favors or preferences; consulting the natural course of things; diffusing and diversifying by gentle means the streams of commerce, but forcing nothing; establishing (with powers so disposed, in order to give trade a stable course, to define the rights of our merchants, and to enable the government to support them) conventional rules of intercourse, the best that present circumstances and mutual opinion will permit, but temporary, and liable to be from time to time abandoned or varied, as experience and circumstances shall dictate; constantly keeping in view that it is folly in one nation to look for disinterested favors from another; that it must pay with a portion of its independence for whatever it may accept under that character; that, by such acceptance, it may place itself in the condition of having given equivalents for nominal favors, and yet of being reproached with ingratitude for not giving more. There can be no greater error than to expect or calculate upon real favors from nation to nation. It is an illusion, which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard."

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Dr.Franklin
So you think Ronald Reagan destroyed the country? He is a more popular president among Republicans than Trump is. Look it up. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@oromagi
falun gong is not meant to be serious, it was just created to lift the spirits of chinese people because atheism killed it
oromagi
oromagi
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.  Ronald Reagan and George Washington have it wrong, radical Chinese occultists have it right.  But Republicans will still deny its them that has drifted from  our core American principles.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
All I know is that Brian Kemp and Brad Raffensberger are gonna have to find a new job starting 2023

STOP IT WITH THE CANCEL CULTURE. I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE BEING CANCELLED FOR THIER VIEWS. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@oromagi
I was referring to the specific paper written by Lott.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@oromagi
your statement is a contradiction, he opposed tariffs to protect rights of american merchants, that is protectionism, just because he wanted to trade doesnt mean he was pro trade in the American neoliberal sense today, that is an inaccurate spin on his words

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
nope, this was before the consequences of free trade was known, it would have made sense when companies were still in america
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
lol and you guys complain about a conservative control on this forum
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Theweakeredge
-> @oromagi
I was referring to the specific paper written by Lott.
?
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Nope, wrong again. Ronald Reagan is still so popular among Republicans that Donald Trump continuously referenced Reagan (even attributing fake, made up quotes to him) to try to draw similarities between the two. In fact, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute actually had to demand that President Trump and the Republican National Committee quit raising campaign money by using Ronald Reagan’s name and likeness.

Trump literally campaigned and raised money using Ronald Reagan's image and legacy. Why would he do that? Do you want me to show you his tweets and campaign emails? 

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@oromagi
For the rebuttal, I noticed you fact checked the news cite, but not the specific study, which i think is the real citation that Dr. Franklin was providing well, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Danielle
I listened to the whole call. Trump came across as caught up in a denialist delusion. This state of mind sort of excludes fraud. It's like he's been that way his whole life. Like, facts don't even exist to him, or something.

EDIT: It's pretty clear that Trump's denialism has been extremely divisive and damaging to the country, and particularly to the interests of the GoP. Trump is using his influence over GoP voters to control the behavior of people in elected office. Don't buy in to Trump's denialism? He'll call you as RINO and/or tell people not to vote for you. Put all this pressure on you with threats of criminal prosecution or jeopardizing your political future, like you can see in that phone call. Now Trump's getting all these GoP reps in congress to take sides, just to further his own doomed interest. It's the ultimate selfishness. And you know what, the GoP put him in there. They nominated him. Time for them to "take responsibility" for all the damage he's doing.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Death23
To be honest it's hard for me to "hate" Trump because I genuinely believe he has a personality disorder (narcissism) and it feels weird loathing someone for their mental illness.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Danielle
I had been doing quite a bit of reading about narcissism lately. Yes, Trump definitely comes across as an extreme narcissist. I think he doesn't even know that he is one and projects his way of thinking on to other people. When he was at a memorial cemetary he asked "I don't get it. What was in it for them?" Like, he doesn't understand sacrifice and thinks it's for suckers, I guess. And, to a certain extent, I sometimes agree with him from a rationalist perspective. Nice guys finish last, but he doesn't know that what's going on in his head. These delusions cause damage, as we see, and make him unfit for office.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
STOP IT WITH THE CANCEL CULTURE. I'M TIRED OF PEOPLE BEING CANCELLED FOR THIER VIEWS. 
Primaries are a brutal business. Political death is a common result 🤷‍♂️
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
obviously because he is the only successful republican president in recent memory before trump