Send Trumpet To Jail Now

Author: ebuc

Total: 260
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
Would you consider drunk-driving to be "victimless"?
No.  The victim is the person that the drunk driver killed or injured.
Cripes.

DRUNK DRIVING DOESN'T ALWAYS LEAD TO MANSLAUGHTER.

Would you consider drunk-driving (that specifically does not kill or injure anyone) to be "victimless"?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
The law determines what is and isn't a crime.

So, we should simply arrest every (suspected) criminal and give them their day in court.

Not everyone who was at the protest committed crimes.

Not everyone who cheered them on while watching "the news" is guilty-by-association.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Okay this is the kind of thing I was talking about before, that was a red herring, that isn't what I argued - I argued that because they all participated in the actual riot - also, do you plan on responding to any other bit except that small out of context one? Because that becomes very annoying very quickly.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
argued that because they all participated in the actual riot
Number one, it was a protest.

Number two, not everyone at the protest committed a crime.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
No, but we do have footage of everyone who did commit a crime. That also isn't how it works, its kind of funny that you seem to want to add nuance to a discussion, but you are now detracting nuance from my statements. The law says that what those people did was a crime, the way to address that as is consistent is to arrest them and give them due trial as everyone has. 
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
How often does someone drunk driving cause a fatality or injury when it is done?  If it’s very frequent, then drunk driving should be banned since the odds are too high.  But if one million people drunk drive and it causes only 1 death(and it’s an average of all drunk driving incidents), then I’d support legalizing drunk driving.  Odds of death matter.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
How often does someone drunk driving cause a fatality or injury when it is done?  If it’s very frequent, then drunk driving should be banned since the odds are too high.  But if one million people drunk drive and it causes only 1 death(and it’s an average of all drunk driving incidents), then I’d support legalizing drunk driving.  Odds of death matter.
This meta-analysis summarized the available, high quality literature to date on the relationship between acute alcohol consumption and death from motor vehicle accidents. At all levels of consumption, the odds of dying in a motor vehicle crash were significantly higher than for zero alcohol consumption, and were approximately 13 times higher at the current legal limit of BAC = 0.08. The policy implications of this are obvious – at this BAC, the risk is simply too high and efforts to lower the legal limit while operating a motor vehicle must be increased based on this available evidence. There is clear evidence that, upon a reduction in the legal limit from BAC = 0.10 to 0.08 reduced fatal accidents in the US (Hingson et al., 1996a, Hingson et al., 1996b), but the implications from this report would call for even more drastic measures, to 0.05, or even lower, particularly in younger drivers, who appear to be at the most risk based on single studies (Zador et al., 2000). [LINK]
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Theweakeredge
So which people are the terrorists? I ask because the capitol police shown opening the doors and letting people in not be guilty of aiding and abiding terrorist activity? You did say that some of the police were biased and part of the protest, excuse me I meant terrorist attack.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@sadolite
Definitionally? All of them. But that misses the point.
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
At all levels of consumption, the odds of dying in a motor vehicle crash were significantly higher than for zero alcohol consumption, and were approximately 13 times higher at the current legal limit of BAC = 0.08.
Driving at the legal limit makes you 13x more likely to cause death, but when the odds of you driving sober cause a deadly accident are super rare to begin with, driving drunk only increases the death from driving by a little bit(from a numerical perspective).

Let’s say that not doing action A resulted in 1 death annually and doing action A results in 100 deaths a year in the US.  Let’s say that a typical person has a 50 percent chance of doing action A in a year.  On one hand, given that action A is 100x more dangerous, governments might ban action A.  But on the other hand, if action A only results in 99 more deaths a year, let people live their lives.

I don’t think the ratio of dunk driving deaths to non drunk driving deaths matters as much as how many people die from drunk driving, and how many would die per year if it were legal to drive drunk.  If few deaths happen, give people liberty.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
So which people are the terrorists? I ask because the capitol police shown opening the doors and letting people in not be guilty of aiding and abiding terrorist activity? You did say that some of the police were biased and part of the protest, excuse me I meant terrorist attack.
Nice.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheUnderdog
If few deaths happen, give people liberty.
Alcohol-Impaired Driving Fatality Data 2018 shows 10,511 deaths. [LINK]
TheUnderdog
TheUnderdog
-->
@3RU7AL
That’s not very much.  Your over 3x as likely to die from a gun, and guns are legal, both democrats and republicans have majorities that believe that guns should stay legal.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
JUST CALLING IT LIKE THE VIDEO SHOWS IT.  Combined with the current media narrative and your opinions. Helping terrorists makes you a terrorist, the capitol police are terrorists.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Helping [protesters] makes you a [protesters], the capitol police are [protesters].

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
Oh so now its back to protesters and not terrorists. Which is it? Mind you ALL actions by ANTIFA AND BLM were labeled "peaceful protests" even though they burned hundreds of businesses to the ground and beat hundreds of people and killed dozens.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@sadolite
Oh so now its back to protesters and not terrorists. Which is it? Mind you ALL actions by ANTIFA AND BLM were labeled "peaceful protests" even though they burned hundreds of businesses to the ground and beat hundreds of people and killed dozens.
When you can call "protesters" "terrorists" then you can deny everyone the right to protest.

When you can deny everyone the right to protest you live in a POLICE STATE.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@3RU7AL
We already live in a police state.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@3RU7AL

...' the "all lives matter" crowd is extremmely upset to learn that that All Votes Matter'
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
That's the problem. Even fraud counts