Protestors were INVITED into the Capital Building - - 57 seconds of uncut video,

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 80
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
I GENERALLY EXPECT THE PROFESSIONALS TO BE BETTER INFORMED THAN MYSELF.
this story has been covered on the news. They just used other clips. That has nothing to do with how well informed they are. 
STRANGELY NO QUESTIONS ABOUT WHO GAVE THE ORDER FOR THE POLICE TO "STAND DOWN".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
Biden: "What we witnessed yesterday was not dissent. It was not disorder. It was not protest. It was chaos. They weren't protesters. Don't dare call them protesters. They were a riotous mob. Insurrectionists. Domestic terrorists. It's that basic, it's that simple." - - [LINK]

IT'S PRETTY HANDY TO BE ABLE TO CALL EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU "TERRORISTS".
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
In the seven minute long Scarborough rant, they exclusively showed clashes between police and protestors.
Scarborough is talking about how the police let them in. So your objections seems to be they aren't playing the specific footage you want them to show while the cover the story you claim they aren't covering. 

That question is being asked. There are investigations being started into what happened. Why are you insisting no one is asking questions when they are?

IT'S PRETTY HANDY TO BE ABLE TO CALL EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU "TERRORISTS".
they attacked the US government to stop them from counting the results of a democratic election. They were chanting that they wanted to murder the vice president. They brought guns, pipe bombs, molitov cocktails etc. They attacked police. 

The definition of a terrorist is "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." That describes what those people did to a tee. They came to use violence and intimidation to influence the outcome of a democratic election. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
Scarborough is talking about how the police let them in. So your objections seems to be they aren't playing the specific footage you want them to show while the cover the story you claim they aren't covering. 
When you hear the words "they let them in" you see protestors jumping through broken windows.

Visually this contradicts what you're hearing and suggests that the police "let them in" metaphorically by their incompetence.

NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT A NEWSCASTER MAKING A NAKED ASSERTION WITH ZERO EVIDENCE AMOUNTS TO AN OPINION STATED AS FACT.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
they attacked the US government to stop them from counting the results of a democratic election. They were chanting that they wanted to murder the vice president. They brought guns, pipe bombs, molitov cocktails etc. They attacked police. 

The definition of a terrorist is "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims." That describes what those people did to a tee. They came to use violence and intimidation to influence the outcome of a democratic election. 
Ok, so are we now only going to allow protestors that agree with you?

Do you see the problem?

CLEARLY, NOT ALL OF THE PROTESTORS WERE VIOLENT PSYCHOPATHS WEILDING DEADLY WEAPONS.

They were mostly just milling around aimlessly once they got into the building.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
When you hear the words "they let them in" you see protestors jumping through broken windows.
So again, your assertion up to this point is that no one was covering the story. I provided links to them covering the story and now you are complaining that they don't have the footage you wanted them to have while they cover the story. which you claimed they hadn't done. 

Here is another article about it from politico. 
Here is another one from politico where they are saying they are investigating.

The news is absolutely covering this story, so why are you continuing to pretend they aren't? 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
That question is being asked. There are investigations being started into what happened. Why are you insisting no one is asking questions when they are?

SPECIFICALLY IN THE ARTICLES CITED (NYT MSNBC).

AND CERTAINLY NOT IN THE "OFFICAL" HEADLINES.

PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK IF YOU'VE GOT ONE HANDY.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL

SPECIFICALLY IN THE ARTICLES CITED (NYT MSNBC).

AND CERTAINLY NOT IN THE "OFFICAL" HEADLINES.

PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK IF YOU'VE GOT ONE HANDY.

That kind of detail is stuff that isn't going to come out in the immediate aftermath of the event. You seem to want to know every minutiae of who did what and when. And the truth is that very few people, if any at all, actually know that right now. So no, no news agency is going to be able to provide you with that because no one has it yet. 

There is an investigation that will happen. Probably a whole bunch of them. Expecting the media to be able to provide you with that info now is unrealistic. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
From your POLITICO link,

The top House appropriator charged with funding the Capitol Police vowed Wednesday to investigate the law enforcement response to the violent mob that overtook the Capitol building and alluded to firings to come among the force.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) told reporters after the rioting had subsided that "there were some strategic mistakes from the very beginning."

“I think it’s pretty clear that there’s going to be a number of people who are going to be without employment very, very soon," Ryan said, "because this is an embarrassment — both on behalf of the mob and the president, and the insurrection and the attempted coup, but also the lack of professional planning and dealing with what we knew was going to occur."

“You can bet your ass that we’re going to get to the bottom of it,” the Ohio Democrat said.
It's all very general language.

It's as if everyone just forgot about the CHAIN OF COMMAND.

I'm looking for interviews with actual Capital police officers and commanders.

I'll let you know when I find something.

All of the coverage seems to revolve around how evil the protestors are.

And the apparent Capital police complicity is being framed by reporters conjecturing that "poor planning" and "general incompetence" are "responsible".

All of the coverage seems to revolve around how evil the protestors are.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
And the truth is that very few people, if any at all, actually know that right now.
Try asking anyone in the Capitol police department.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
There is an investigation that will happen. Probably a whole bunch of them. Expecting the media to be able to provide you with that info now is unrealistic. 
Great.

I certainly hope so.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
The news is absolutely covering this story, so why are you continuing to pretend they aren't? 
Every story on the event is completely missing the mark.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
It's all very general language.

It's as if everyone just forgot about the CHAIN OF COMMAND.
no, it's as if we're only a couple of days removed from the event and that information isn't available. 

I'm looking for interviews with actual Capital police officers and commanders.
why would they want to give an interview?

And the apparent Capital police complicity is being framed by reporters conjecturing that "poor planning" and "general incompetence" are "responsible".
at the moment, we don't have any solid information to indicate otherwise. 

All of the coverage seems to revolve around how evil the protestors are.
well that is the primary story. A group of lunatics literally attacked democracy. The actions of the police are certainly important, but they are not the primary part of the story. 

And the truth is that very few people, if any at all, actually know that right now.
Try asking anyone in the Capitol police department.
I haven't seen any of them give any kind of public statement. They certainly aren't going to do so on the record when there are investigations taking place. 

Every story on the event is completely missing the mark.
what mark? This is a complicated story with alot of moving parts. You might think one thing is the most important, others will disagree with you. Based on your comments you think the actions of the police are the most important. That is certainly an important part. However the fact that an armed mob literally attacked democracy at the urging of the sitting president, kind of takes priority.
Castin
Castin
-->
@3RU7AL
I thought the entire function of a "free press" was to EXPOSE government incompetence.
Yeah never mind, I haven't slept in 36 hours and misunderstood you.

I've seen your clip multiple times on Twitter and once on TikTok but indeed on no major news outlets that I recall. On the news I have mostly seen:
- Selfie Cop
- "Barricade Moving" Cops
- Hand Wave "Follow Me Everybody!" Cop

I have however heard them mention your vid several times on CNN. I have no idea why I haven't seen them show it yet. Could be a legal issue, could be they showed it and I missed it, could be it isn't dramatic enough to make the newsreel.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Castin
You should get some beauty rest.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@3RU7AL

--> @oromagi
I argued that "the news" was not covering up the story because I've have seen regular reporting of this story since the hour it happened. 
LINKS PLEASE.

Castin
Castin
Tim Ryan announced that two Capitol officers have been put on suspension - apparently Selfie Cop and the cop who put on a MAGA hat and started leading rioters around.

Heh, gotta love that first woman who speaks up. "I still feel completely in the dark, and I'm surprised that you are one of the only people doing these public briefings. Why are we not hearing from the interim Capitol police chief?"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Castin
Heh, gotta love that first woman who speaks up. "I still feel completely in the dark, and I'm surprised that you are one of the only people doing these public briefings. Why are we not hearing from the interim Capitol police chief?"
Yep.

8 days later

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
Former Capitol Police Chief: Officer who worked during Wednesday riot dies by suicide
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
Former Capitol Police Chief: Officer who worked during Wednesday riot dies by suicide
why are you linking this story? What is your point?