I never INTENDED to hurt anyone.

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 100
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
Most humans can't perform accurate "artistic appraisal" it's a goddamned crap shoot.

DeepMind can at least compare your "original" artwork to "the masters" based on procrustean measures of composition, color, brush technique, etcetera (isn't that what humans do?).

Did you happen to see that someone bought a pixel art pop tart cat for $590,000.00 [**]

I'll bet you GPT3 can predict what people will be willing to pay for some item, any item, about 10,000% more accurately than 99.9999% of "human beings".

Let's see WATSON2 compete on "the price is right".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ebuc
The human mind can handle cases in which truth and provability diverge.
THAT'S A BUG, NOT A FEATURE.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you think that most people who do "bad" things also have "bad" intentions?
In most cases probably. In some cases no. People do things that result in bad consequences all the time, discerning their intent is entirely case by case and follows the same rules of evidence as anything else.

Do you have an answer to my original question on this? I notice that every time I try to slow this conversation down and ask really basic questions you respond with questions or manage to take the conversation of course.

Please provide a direct and thoughtful response to the original question otherwise I see no reason to continue.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
Let me ask you... do you believe there is a difference between a bad person and a person who did a bad thing? If so, what is that difference?
It is impossible to QUANTIFIABLY DETECT a "good" or "bad" person.

The closest we get is a social credit score like THIS.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
I didn’t say anything about quantifying it. I asked you if there is a difference, and if so, what is it? It’s a very simple and straightforward question.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
I didn’t say anything about quantifying it. I asked you if there is a difference, and if so, what is it? It’s a very simple and straightforward question.
HUMANS are not "good" or "bad" in-and-of-themselves.

HUMANS certainly have OPINIONS that categorize some HUMANS as "good" and some HUMANS as "bad".

But these are simply OPINIONS.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
Yes, I understand that this is a matter of opinion. I am asking you for yours.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
HUMANS are not "good" or "bad" in-and-of-themselves.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@3RU7AL
HUMANS are not "good" or "bad" in-and-of-themselves.
It was about as simple a question as I could possibly ask and you still find a way to take issue with it. I see see no point to this.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Double_R
You already answered your own question when you suggested that each human life must be measured by the totality of their accumulated actions taken in their lifetime.

This makes any measure impossible until that human has completed their lifetime of actions.

The point being that justice simply determines CRIMES.

Justice does not detect "bad people".

Are you perhaps familiar with the Legendary "Robin Hood"?