Corrupt rating system, Mike is corrupt to the core no question.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 39
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
If people are too lazy to vote on your debate, your rating gets hit because the idiot you debated against lost too many debates.

How lovely.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh for God's sake, rating system is not corrupt, it's just "naive", i.e. implemented in the most simple way.  If your rating went down after winning a debate, that's a just bug that needs to be fixed. Have some goddamn patience, I can't solve all the problems and develop all required features in a matter of 3 months.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I tie with this low-rating-habitual-loser Type1

So your rating system keeps hurting me every tie brutally because it thinks he really 'tied' with me but NO ONE VOTED

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Well, I believe that's how it's supposed to work according to the ELO formula I took from wiki. Look, I realize it's not perfect but hey, if you have suggestions how to improve or even change the system, please, go ahead, write the tech spec for it with all the formulas and edge cases and etc and we can discuss it with other people and implement it.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I agree from a strict mathematical perspective. But I wonder if a debate that is tied because it scored an equal number of votes is different - and should be treated differently - than a debate that is tied because it scored no votes. Should such debates be considered null and void, as if they didn't happen?

Personally I think full forfeit debates should be null and void too since no debate really happened.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
We must have a system that punishes non-voters. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@drafterman
Yeah, I definitely like the ideas and I think they are rather easy to implement. I'll finish this new feature I am working on and then get back to it. But if I may ask, could you please create a separate topic for that to discuss the change? I don't want to go behind people's back.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Sure
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@drafterman
Awesome, thanks a lot
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@DebateArt.com
What is the ELO equation?
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@bsh1
It's hard to tell off the top of head, I implemented it like 3 years ago. I just pretty much copy pasted it from wiki and changed some numbers, I think we have custom k-factor or something. I'd have to look into the code to recall what's what. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Can you shut up bro. The site is 2 months in development, give me a break. Maybe you tie because you have some stupid beef with him and just spam debates that no one cares about. Go whine cry and bitch about it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Ok buddy I was gonna let you tie against him in the rap battle but since you're asking for it I'm gonna vote you as the rightful loser.

And no, this isn't a grudge vote, but it was an alliance non vote.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Yea your more bipolar than 1/2 the chicks in my grade. Go threaten me to give me a L on a debate for a stupid thing I do that I felt like doing on my free time. Your funny. Go suck Types dick and claim to have beef with him:P
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
I can suck his dick if I want to and if he wants to and even then could have beef with him. Your statement is homophobic and you're breaking several CoC with your recent posts to me across many threads culminating in this.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
Yea your more bipolar than 1/2 the chicks in my grade. Go threaten me to give me a L on a debate for a stupid thing I do that I felt like doing on my free time. Your funny. Go suck Types dick and claim to have beef with him:P
Wtf. I've never seen you talk like this.

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
Ok I wasn't implying it was bad. I could easily report you for manipulating votes to favor your friend

Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
It pisses me off when people talk about stupid things and claim stupid threats to me. I also get angry when they go off on a developer 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
The dudes works his rear end off only to get trashed by someone who I bet doesn't even know how to code
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
One needn't be the best tennis player to be the best Tennis umpire, so on and so forth.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
It pisses me off when people talk about stupid things and claim stupid threats to me. I also get angry when they go off on a developer 
... Well okay then. File that away... note to self: do not go off on a developer in Sup's presence.

The dudes works his rear end off only to get trashed by someone who I bet doesn't even know how to code
I was thinking the thread title was hyperbole. None of his actual posts in the thread match the intensity of the title.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
... Well okay then. File that away... note to self: do not go off on a developer in Sup's presence.
It is isn't about the developer, it is about the hard work he does for the site, constantly updating it. If he sat around doing nothing not appointing moderators and having bad glitches, I would be 100% on the wagon
I was thinking the thread title was hyperbole. None of his actual posts in the thread match the intensity of the title. 
He has a way of "clickbaiting" his titles. I don't like this because if a new member clicks on the site, the clickbait thing is "CORRUPT RATING SYSTEM, MIKE IS CORRUPT TO CORE" he is clearly extra salty

Vader
Vader
-->
@Castin
Your probably right. I should have backlogged my anger. But I was tired and didn't feel like taking his crap

Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
W H A T  A R E  Y O U  S P E W I N G
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
You will soon learn to work around me and not against me, pest.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
The day I work around you is the day pigs fly.

As a person once said, "Don't associate yourself with toxic people"
Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
Your probably right. I should have backlogged my anger. But I was tired and didn't feel like taking his crap
Hey we all lose our temper sometime. I'm no angel.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Punishing ties is fine. It's what people deserve for debating things that bore people.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
I'm curious about this. So the rating should be a measure of the capacity to entertain? If not, stop acting smart.
sadolite
sadolite
just so you all know, nothing on here matters. it's entertainment.