I Wanted To Have A Slave When I Was Younger

Author: Jasmine

Total: 35
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
If a Hebrew forced someone to be a slave, would that be against the Bible law at the time?
"17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." - NUMBERS 31:17-18
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
If a slave wanted to become a servant of Jehovah, could he be refused?
The Torah does not call the Israelites a religion. In fact, the Bible contains no word for religion. Israel is a nation obligated to do what God commands. There is no procedure mentioned in Scripture for joining the Israelites. The concept of conversion, so important to Judaism today, is not mentioned. If it existed, the Torah would have said so. [**]

The Hebrew word used today for religion, dat, means “law” in the Bible, not religion. [**]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ethang5
When Joseph was kidnapped and sold into slavery, why was he sold in another country? 
BECAUSE NATIVE ISRAELITES WERE TREATED DIFFERENTLY THAN FOREIGN SLAVES.
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
I've wondered about those people that want to be slaves and live in dog cages or whatever because they get off to it. They seemed like they could be useful for exploiting.

43 days later

sui_generis
Debates: 0
sui_generis
-->
@Death23
I've wondered about those people that want to be slaves and live in dog cages or whatever because they get off to it. They seemed like they could be useful for exploiting.
I've had someone interested in that with me. TPE like that is a lot of responsibility, though.