AND there it is

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 128
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@drafterman
Show me the part where anyone is saying that ALL libertarians and trump supporters are dangerous criminals that don't deserve to speak.
And I'm sure, SOME of them are very nice people...
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
The vast majority of Americans choose to take the risk-free option
Now I know your joking.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
It's a mutually beneficial trade that Marxists LOVE to
LITERALLY NOBODY HERE IS A "MARXIST".
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Now I know your joking.

Not at all. You take on NONE of the risks your employer takes on. How do you think the employer gets compensated for that?

What is a worker willing to pay to avoid the risk of not being able to get someone to trade his product for something valuable? Do you really think people are forced to take your labor products? That's Marxism if you think that.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Not at all. You take on NONE of the risks your employer takes on. How do you think the employer gets compensated for that?
Do you really and truly consider coal mining "risk free"?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you really and truly consider coal mining "risk free"?
Imagine if a coal miner found no buyers for his coal. That's a much higher risk than most would want to take on in addition to the health risks.

Being paid ZERO DOLLARS for your labor is a very real possibility as a self-employed person.

Just like the guy that walks out of the pawnshop. It's a very real possibility he will find no buyers for his product.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
They are telling employers that they MUST DISCRIMINATE against employees who would agree to work for less. 
you have it backwards. They are telling employers they cannot exploit desperate people to further enhance their own profits. 

Did you know that minimum wage is an idea supported by big trade unions and big labor unions as the primal method to destroy the competition? The minimum wage is the final incarnation of crony politics in action.
ah yes, because paying people a wage they can actually avoid starving on is crony politics. Letting companies exploit people so they can pay their CEO an extra bonus, they are the real heroes of the working class. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
That's a much higher risk than most would want to take on in addition to the health risks.
I strongly disagree.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
And we wouldn't even need to be constantly adjusting the minimum wage if we set it to automatically adjust for inflation.

OR IF WE SIMPLY STOPPED INFLATING THE MONEY SUPPLY.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Have you ever found no buyer for your labor? If not, then you can stop talking as if you know what it is like.

A very real reason for businesses failing is an inability to find buyers for the products of someone else's paid labor.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
you have it backwards. They are telling employers they cannot exploit desperate people to further enhance their own profits. 
So the desperate people get zero dollars, because employers are not mandated to provide them a job.

As I said, Washington DC doesn't care about desperate people because they are not part of the crony lobby system.

Conway
Conway
-->
@HistoryBuff
you are completely missing the point. Let me put it this way. If every single person in america "invested in themselves" and were able to magically have a university/college degree, do you believe that high paying jobs would magically appear?
If most everyone actually had the determination to go out and get a real college degree, there would definitely be an increase in valuable job opportunities on the horizon.

Do you think McDonalds or walmart would pay these people more?  Hell no. They need people to do jobs for very little money so they can funnel more cash to their CEO and investors. These companies don't care if you invest in yourself or not. Even if every single person worked as hard as they possibly can, a large percentage of them would still be unable to earn enough to live. That is how the system is designed. 
I think what would happen is that most of them would choose not to perform menial tasks at Walmart.  Since Walmart is already cognizant enough to pay above the Federal minimum wage, and over the minimum wage in most states, I think it's a pretty safe bet that they'd respond to a smaller labor pool by further raising compensation for starting positions. 

I don't think Walmart specifically contributes to society in the sense that a factory worker does.  If there was no "Walmart", people would simply shop at 2 or more businesses on a more regular basis while we run errands, thus distributing our wealth more equitably in exchange for the same goods and services.  At least some of their outlets have ridiculously good deals though.  Like, you could have one of the nicer loafs of bread for a dollar or less.  That's an exception to the rule, because Walmart makes it inhouse.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
A very real reason for businesses failing is an inability to find buyers for the products of someone else's paid labor.
The "risk" of a business "failing" is not the same type of risk as gross bodily injury.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
The "risk" of a business "failing" is not the same type of risk as gross bodily injury.
Neither is it the same as choosing both risks. Don't pretend like you know what it is like to lose everything because the government mandated that you must take your own risks for finding a buyer for your products.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm not sure why you insist on the magical validity of your naked ad hominem attacks.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
The big fish will always crush the small fish.

It doesn't matter if government is involved or not.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
I haven't attacked you. I just question your sincerity about personal risk.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
I haven't attacked you. I just question your sincerity about personal risk.
Any statement and or question that is directed at the SPEAKER (personally) and not the ARGUMENT is an ad hominem attack.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Well, I am sorry if I questioned your expertise in the realm of personal risk then. Please accept my apology and continue.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@3RU7AL
And we wouldn't even need to be constantly adjusting the minimum wage if we set it to automatically adjust for inflation.
I actually fully agree with you. We should do that. And do you know what the minimum wage would be today if we had done that in 1968? It would be over $21 per hour. That is how badly the minimum wage has eroded over the last 50 years. Even if we managed to get the minimum wage being fought for, it would still be $6 per hour less than if it had been pinned to inflation. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
“Philanthropy is. . . greatly overrated. A pain in the gut is not sympathy for the underprivileged, but the result of eating a green apple; the philanthropist gives to ease his own pain.”

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@3RU7AL
Any statement and or question that is directed at the SPEAKER (personally) and not the ARGUMENT is an ad hominem attack.
No it isn't.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I actually fully agree with you. We should do that. 
Shouldn't minimum wage be tied to a business's ability to pay? Or can minimum wage be set to anything? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ethang5
It should be set just high enough to disenfranchise the low skilled labor competing for union jobs so that Labor Unions can set artificial monopoly prices on labor, which will hasten the robot takeover of society while reducing job creation and productivity, all in one fell swoop. 

Business as usual in Crony America.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
As always, Democrats will just ignore it.

Before Trump took office, they railed about their fear of him starting a war. After he started no wars, they just forget that they cried for 4 years that he would. Now they are saying, "aren't you glad Trump's finger is no longer on the nuclear bottom?" They will just "forget" that Trump started no wars and in fact brought troops home.

Troops rolling into Syria? Under Trump Democrats would be howling. Under Biden, Democrats will just ignore it. If the hypocrites can ignore 3 months of burning cities, looted businesses, and physical assaults while choking on one evening of hooiganism, there is nothing they can't ignore.

Hypocrisy won Doc. May God have mercy on these United States.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ethang5
yeah, pretty much...
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Dramatism.

If you want to see a dramatic suppression of free speech and liberty take a look at Russia.

Sour grapes isn't quite the same as a total intolerance of opposition.....Though that was the aim of the Republican mob.....Fortunately the bulk of the U.S. population behaved differently.....As did the bulk of U.S. politicians, thankfully.

In four years time you will be free to have another go....I doubt that it will be quite that easy for Russians.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Nope..... Americans seemingly can never get enough of Oil and Israel.....Democrat or republican doesn't make any difference.....Why is that, Doc?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@HistoryBuff
I actually fully agree with you. We should do that. And do you know what the minimum wage would be today if we had done that in 1968? It would be over $21 per hour. That is how badly the minimum wage has eroded over the last 50 years. Even if we managed to get the minimum wage being fought for, it would still be $6 per hour less than if it had been pinned to inflation. 
Well stated.

INFLATION = THEFT
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Milton Friedman playlist saved.