AND there it is

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 128
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
I found it interesting that Milton Friedman was in FAVOR of environmental regulations.

He was never for NO REGULATIONS.

He was always for sensible regulations, not sweeping broad ones written up by Federal Lobbies that pick winners and losers depending on who can squeeze the politician the most. 

It's really sad because most legislation is written by those lobbies directly or indirectly, not the Politician.

You really don't think Pelosi wrote all 10,000 pages of Obamacare do you?
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@3RU7AL
"you're a gorgeous movie-star, therefore your political arguments and or views are invalid"
Not sure what the context is, but yes, that sounds like an Ad Hominem. An attack to the person. Not a particularly vile one, but certainly fallacious. An Ad Hominem is an attack against the person, instead of the actual argument they make. It's a little hard to never cross that line (I often do during debates, even while I hope the topic of the debate is still center of attention).

To show how fallacious it is, what is the magical person whose political arguments get to be valid? Heck, Ronald Reagan was a gorgeous movie star, were his political opinions therefore all invalid? ... Note: He later became president.

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Dr.Franklin
that goes against everything trump stood for though

Are you saying that Trump did not do what he said he would? Lol. Congratulations on recognizing that Trump is a fraud. 

You didn't answer my question. We have been sending troops to Syria since September, and the photo of the article you shared is from December before Biden took office. So explain what your point is from the OP when you say "it only took two days." What exactly are you talking about? 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
it shows that the MIC is back in business because Biden won(illegitimately)by December time
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Barney
An Ad Hominem is an attack against the person, instead of the actual argument they make.
I agree.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
yeah I know we need to take our troops home, but what is stopping that?

the MIC?

we need to brainstorm solutions to crush the MIC