What words are now banned?

Author: Wylted

Total: 61
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I never sought to be a mod on DDO. I ran for site President, which is certainly not the same.
You tried for mod. You had to settle for president. I was there. President carried no power, which is why you insinuated yourself into "mod consultation" there and brag about it here.

There's no dishonor in expressing interest in a job I'd be happy to relinquish to him.
As there are no stupid people here, I do not need to point out the disingenuousness of that comment.

I choose not to resign ...... because there are few people who I think could and would do it. 
Anyone who knew you knew you would do it, and there is a good reason few think you can do it.

I choose not to resign not because I am wedded to the role, ....

Uh huh.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
You tried for mod. You had to settle for president. I was there. President carried no power, which is why you insinuated yourself into "mod consultation" there and brag about it here.
I never did try for mod. Airmax consulted with all Presidents about moderation issues, myself included. There was no insinuation to speak of. And, I hardly brag; it was you who brought it up here, let's not forget. You talk about it far more than I do.

Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@bsh1
I am indeed moderator, though if Airmax or Whiteflame ever wanted the job, I'd happily hand it over to them.
What.

Would we get the same absentee airmax who never enforces any rules and lets anyone get away with anything. Cuz that's alarming. I'm having like mild panic feelz right now.

Or would we get a different airmax on DART because we have an active site dev who will not abandon him to run the place all by himself with limited powers, and this will sort of wash away the coating of bitterness and restore airmax to a bright-eyed active moderator again (I'm assuming he once was one).

I need to know this, this shit is important.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
I need to know this
I can't answer that question. And unless and until Max volunteers, it's rather a moot point. I will continue to be moderator, and am not expecting to be replaced for the foreseeable future.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@bsh1
I never did try for mod. Airmax consulted with all Presidents about moderation issues, myself included.
Yeah. Did Mike consult you too?

There was no insinuation to speak of. And, I hardly brag; it was you who brought it up here, let's not forget. You talk about it far more than I do.
Untrue sir. You brought it up in reply to a question by someone else about your qualifications for mod. You actually have none.
ethang5
ethang5
....not expecting to be replaced for the foreseeable future.
Yeah. The whole story about what grounds your smug confidence rests on will come out one day. I just hope Mike isn't the worse for it.

Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
I was just asking because it looked like someone was planning to be a go-between and convince airmax to accept the job.

Can you explain to me why airmax would just automatically be given a mod seat? And can you just give your seat away to someone else, or does that decision have to go through Mike first?
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Castin
I'd imagine that there's not really anything formal and everything would have to go through Mike because, as a practical matter, he controls the website.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Death23
My guess too.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Death23
Yeah, nobody is getting the mod position automatically, not only there is no "button" for that, nor it's a process that should go blindly and behind people's back.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@DebateArt.com
Tell that to your head mod, because he's the one saying otherwise.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@bsh1
”The answer is you cannot use the n-word but you can debate "that Black Americans have lower average IQs than white Americans and at least a few of those IQ points can be attributed to genetics."

What if I wanted to debate that all or most of the black/white IQ gap is caused by genetics? I’m hoping this is just odd wording and you could debate something like that. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Kaiser bsh1 rules us all with his mighty fist.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@drafterman
I don't think he meant that the process would be automatic.  Anyway, the bottom line is that I promise that the process of changing mods, if it happens for some reason, will be handled properly, it definitely won't be a surprise for the people here.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@thett3
Yes, you can 100% debate something like that.

I'll get to the other posts in this thread later--not enough time.
Username
Debates: 9
Username
A bunch of Conservatives on this site have gone full racist. Sad. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Wylted

I heard a word that rhymes with granny and starts wit a T is currently banned. Does anyone have an up to date banned words list 
It is tricky that one Wylted.  As I have found out for myself. 

I was warned about using the extremely vulgar and offensive words - stupid – and backward -.

I had the audacity to ask someone if they were “stupid” and I also had the cold never to ask someone if they were “backward”. I simply cannot imagine the permanent irreparable and psychological damage I must have caused, but I was warned via PM . But I have found in life that someone who acts or performs in a stupid manner are usually called  stupid and or backward. I suppose we have so many stupid people and backward people using the internet that it were only a matter of time before word censoring became part and parcel. It is hard not to offend anyone these days. 

I was told that these words  constitute personal attacks”.

I was also warned against  warning someone that I would report them if they insisted on disruptive behaviour on my thread?

Actually the words used in the warning was
threatening to report someone”  Threatening!!!!!!??????

To which was added that it

“is entirely unacceptable and viewed extremely unfavourably by moderation”. 

So to give someone a friendly warning that you will report them is taboo also.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Wylted
So if I just have a habit of referring to people as "MY Nigga", is that a violation of your policy?
bsh1
bsh1
The only mod I nominated was Tejretics, to help with voting, and I cleared that with Mike in advance of making any kind of formal appointment. Had Mike said "no," I obviously would have complied.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ethang5
Untrue sir. You brought it up in reply to a question by someone else about your qualifications for mod. You actually have none.
I brought that up only once--hardly bragging--and in the context of answering a question about my qualifications for the position. My role as DDO President, when I worked occasionally with Max, was my primary relevant experience, and so I cited that. Contorting that into bragging is laughable, ethang.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Castin
Airmax would not automatically be given one. But, I would be happy to step down were he interested. Clearly Mike would need to approve, but I didn't think I needed to specify that--I just took it as obvious.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
I thought the buck stopped with you.

ethang5
ethang5
You said I brought it up. You did. And you did not need to mention it.

When you try to get Airmax here as mod, I will make it my mission to make sure that doesn't happen. This site will barely survive you, much less you and Airmax.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Fuck Airmax, Kaiser Bsh will never ever be inferior to pseudo-democratic Führer Max. 

Bsh is a benevolent oligarch, Max is a corrupt fascist.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ethang5
You said I brought it up.
In this thread, you certainly did.
bsh1
bsh1
I thought the buck stopped with you.
It does on COC enforcement. The wide degree of autonomy moderation was assured does that. Mike would only interfere in very rare circumstances, as I understand it.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@bsh1
OMG. I feel like I have answered this question 20 times...probably because I have...You wouldn't know that, though. The answer is you cannot use the n-word but you can debate "that Black Americans have lower average IQs than white Americans and at least a few of those IQ points can be attributed to genetics."
That's fine, but it would probably be the other way around if I was moderator.  IMO using 'the n-word' doesn't automatically mean one is a racist and trying to hide a racist agenda behind euphemisms and faux-science should be stamped on -but that is only how I would (try to) do things.   I think a moderator has every right - even duty - to operate as they see fit.   D'art is a privately owned and paid for - it's not a democracy.  C'est la vie.

Castin
Castin
-->
@bsh1
Airmax would not automatically be given one. But, I would be happy to step down were he interested. Clearly Mike would need to approve, but I didn't think I needed to specify that--I just took it as obvious.
It probably should have been, on my part. I don't know where my hesitation came from.

XLAV
XLAV
If I'm black can I say my nigga
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
T ranny

Tyranny