Topic's posts

Posts in total: 61
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 5,474
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    IDK how likely it would be that they would agree to take on the job, but, hey, if they want it, I'll gladly hand it to them.
    Were this true, you wouldn't have sought out the job on 2, count them, 2 separate sites. You are fully aware that white flame would not take the job that way. He has integrity.

You could resign though, if it really means as little to you as you seem to want to imply. That way, Mike could offer the position to whiteflame.

But we already know you won't do that.
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 2,041
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @bsh1
    Yes, they get a pass. Only words that fit the hate speech category are banned. So pretty much all profanity. I don't really care if you censor the f-word.
    Omg can it be?
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    Debates: 14
    Forum posts: 2,589
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    --> @ethang5
    I never sought to be a mod on DDO. I ran for site President, which is certainly not the same. And I don't really see your point about whiteflame. There's no dishonor in expressing interest in a job I'd be happy to relinquish to him. I am not as wedded to this role as you might think, and I'd welcome whiteflame taking it over if he desired. 

I choose not to resign not because I am wedded to the role, but because there are few people who I think could and would do it. I was not my first choice for this job (I was my third or fourth), though I think myself reasonably qualified and capable. Whiteflame and Airmax I trust totally to do the job right, which is why they, in particular, are ones I'd be happy to see in the role before me.
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    --> @Castin
    It can, lol.
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 15
    Forum posts: 4,178
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    Ha Ha.

If I write tran#y you'll no exactly what I mean.

And when I was a kid we did actually refer to a radio receiving device as a tran#y.

And stupidity will probably be the downfall of mankind.
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    I never sought to be a mod on DDO. I ran for site President, which is certainly not the same.
    You tried for mod. You had to settle for president. I was there. President carried no power, which is why you insinuated yourself into "mod consultation" there and brag about it here.

There's no dishonor in expressing interest in a job I'd be happy to relinquish to him.
    As there are no stupid people here, I do not need to point out the disingenuousness of that comment.

I choose not to resign ...... because there are few people who I think could and would do it. 
    Anyone who knew you knew you would do it, and there is a good reason few think you can do it.

I choose not to resign not because I am wedded to the role, ....

Uh huh.
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    You tried for mod. You had to settle for president. I was there. President carried no power, which is why you insinuated yourself into "mod consultation" there and brag about it here.
    I never did try for mod. Airmax consulted with all Presidents about moderation issues, myself included. There was no insinuation to speak of. And, I hardly brag; it was you who brought it up here, let's not forget. You talk about it far more than I do.

• Castin
    Castin avatar
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @bsh1
    I am indeed moderator, though if Airmax or Whiteflame ever wanted the job, I'd happily hand it over to them.
    What.

Would we get the same absentee airmax who never enforces any rules and lets anyone get away with anything. Cuz that's alarming. I'm having like mild panic feelz right now.

Or would we get a different airmax on DART because we have an active site dev who will not abandon him to run the place all by himself with limited powers, and this will sort of wash away the coating of bitterness and restore airmax to a bright-eyed active moderator again (I'm assuming he once was one).

I need to know this, this shit is important.
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    --> @Castin
    I need to know this
    I can't answer that question. And unless and until Max volunteers, it's rather a moot point. I will continue to be moderator, and am not expecting to be replaced for the foreseeable future.
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    --> @bsh1
    I never did try for mod. Airmax consulted with all Presidents about moderation issues, myself included.
    Yeah. Did Mike consult you too?

There was no insinuation to speak of. And, I hardly brag; it was you who brought it up here, let's not forget. You talk about it far more than I do.
    Untrue sir. You brought it up in reply to a question by someone else about your qualifications for mod. You actually have none.
  • ethang5
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5 avatar
    ethang5
    ....not expecting to be replaced for the foreseeable future.
    Yeah. The whole story about what grounds your smug confidence rests on will come out one day. I just hope Mike isn't the worse for it.

• Castin
    Castin avatar
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @bsh1
    I was just asking because it looked like someone was planning to be a go-between and convince airmax to accept the job.

Can you explain to me why airmax would just automatically be given a mod seat? And can you just give your seat away to someone else, or does that decision have to go through Mike first?
  • Death23
    Death23 avatar
    Debates: 24
    Forum posts: 618
    Death23 avatar
    Death23
    --> @Castin
    I'd imagine that there's not really anything formal and everything would have to go through Mike because, as a practical matter, he controls the website.
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @Death23
    My guess too.
  • DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    Forum posts: 1,243
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @Death23
    Yeah, nobody is getting the mod position automatically, not only there is no "button" for that, nor it's a process that should go blindly and behind people's back.
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 5,659
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @DebateArt.com
    Tell that to your head mod, because he's the one saying otherwise.
  • thett3
    thett3 avatar
    Forum posts: 724
    thett3 avatar
    thett3
    --> @bsh1
    ”The answer is you cannot use the n-word but you can debate "that Black Americans have lower average IQs than white Americans and at least a few of those IQ points can be attributed to genetics."

What if I wanted to debate that all or most of the black/white IQ gap is caused by genetics? I’m hoping this is just odd wording and you could debate something like that. 
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 332
    Forum posts: 10,160
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    Kaiser bsh1 rules us all with his mighty fist.

• DebateArt.com
    DebateArt.com avatar
    Forum posts: 1,243
    DebateArt.com avatar
    DebateArt.com
    --> @drafterman
    I don't think he meant that the process would be automatic.  Anyway, the bottom line is that I promise that the process of changing mods, if it happens for some reason, will be handled properly, it definitely won't be a surprise for the people here.
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    --> @thett3
    Yes, you can 100% debate something like that.

I'll get to the other posts in this thread later--not enough time.
  • Username
    Username avatar
    Debates: 7
    Forum posts: 651
    Username avatar
    Username
    A bunch of Conservatives on this site have gone full racist. Sad. 
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Forum posts: 4,622
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Wylted

I heard a word that rhymes with granny and starts wit a T is currently banned. Does anyone have an up to date banned words list 
    It is tricky that one Wylted.  As I have found out for myself. 

I was warned about using the extremely vulgar and offensive words - stupid – and backward -.

I had the audacity to ask someone if they were “stupid” and I also had the cold never to ask someone if they were “backward”. I simply cannot imagine the permanent irreparable and psychological damage I must have caused, but I was warned via PM . But I have found in life that someone who acts or performs in a stupid manner are usually called  stupid and or backward. I suppose we have so many stupid people and backward people using the internet that it were only a matter of time before word censoring became part and parcel. It is hard not to offend anyone these days. 

I was told that these words  constitute personal attacks”.

I was also warned against  warning someone that I would report them if they insisted on disruptive behaviour on my thread?

Actually the words used in the warning was
    threatening to report someone”  Threatening!!!!!!??????

To which was added that it

“is entirely unacceptable and viewed extremely unfavourably by moderation”. 

So to give someone a friendly warning that you will report them is taboo also.

• Greyparrot
    Greyparrot avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 10,336
    Greyparrot avatar
    Greyparrot
    --> @Wylted
    So if I just have a habit of referring to people as "MY Nigga", is that a violation of your policy?
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    The only mod I nominated was Tejretics, to help with voting, and I cleared that with Mike in advance of making any kind of formal appointment. Had Mike said "no," I obviously would have complied.

• bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    --> @ethang5
    Untrue sir. You brought it up in reply to a question by someone else about your qualifications for mod. You actually have none.
    I brought that up only once--hardly bragging--and in the context of answering a question about my qualifications for the position. My role as DDO President, when I worked occasionally with Max, was my primary relevant experience, and so I cited that. Contorting that into bragging is laughable, ethang.