Flat Earth...

Author: Grugore

Total: 353
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Nope....The Earth is spheroid as we all well know, and latitude and longitude are human points of reference only....As are N S E and W.

Perhaps you misunderstood my intent.

Regards.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
@RM

I am probably too lazy to siff through all 11 pages, but why does the image of Earth appear round all year long all day long if the earth is flat? Shouldn't it be looking like an eraser path perpendicular to the angle you get when you see a round flat earth?
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
The flat earth hypothesis is more intellectually bankrupt than creationism.
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I am probably too lazy to siff through all 11 pages, but why does the image of Earth appear round all year long all day long if the earth is flat? Shouldn't it be looking like an eraser path perpendicular to the angle you get when you see a round flat earth?
Please explain more, I genuinely am not sure what you mean.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
The flat earth hypothesis is more intellectually bankrupt than creationism.
I've directly challenged you to this debate (me as Con). I look forward to it if you accept it.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Why did NASA never establish an image depicting a flat earth?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Are you aware that NASA are the ones orchestrating the lie in the flat earth conspiracy theory?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
No. How does nasa promote flat earth?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
You are either trolling or very confused, I just said the opposite.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Oh so you don’t trust nasa
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
@rm

We have models of all kinds with angles of all sides showing that there is a spherical blueish rock ball in the space revolving around a giant fireball, even physics, gravity, shows that earth, upon 4.5 million years, would be round even if it started out as a flat disk. We have the most advanced agencies all agreeing on that the earth isn’t flat, more than that, how does a hoax-creating society manage to take eclipses? How does the shadow of Earth create circular eclipses every time if There is a tendency That the eclipse would look like more of an eraser path?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Educational YouTuber Tom Scott has a most viewed video in which he released hours of footage of that he put a drone with bread and went back. To 2 hours or so you can see the earth is not flat.

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
It is been verified that the curvature or earth is small enough you can’t see curvature it you are just standing at sea level, but at Mount Everest, the earth has visible curvature. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Show me the photos taken from Mount Everest that displays curvature please.

Also, I am not saying I do or don't trust NASA, I am trying to display to people that flat earth conspiracy is falsely associated with other conspiracy theories. You can believe the Earth is flat without believing in many other conspiracy theories.

Of course if you believe the Earth is flat, you also believe the moon landing was a hoax but the reverse is untrue.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
In the video with the drone what happens when it leaves the sky? Why does it spin so frantically? In the flat Earth model, the outside of the sky is heavily electromagnetic, I am curious what the NASA-given explanation is (I have tried to research it and don't understand).

Please link to me the video and let me see the stars or something when it leaves the sky.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
First I'll address your 'proof' that the Earth is Round and bring us to a common understanding of why one can be skeptical about it.

The topic of 'how do the sun and moon move on flat earth' is another debate that of course is linked to it but more complex to explain and first requires one to consider that the Earth may not be round.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
@rm

Can you present your own evidence instead of trying to refute my side? This thread would simulate a condition in which the flat earthers have the bop
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
Given that the Earth was known to be spheroid long before The U.S.A,  N.A.S.A and their co-conspirators we even heard of.....Means that the B.O.P.  lies somewhere between "Flat Earthers" and their therapists.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
No, it wasn't known it was hypothesised.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
No, you are the one saying your side has evidence. If you want the proof of my side, then do not be lazy to read the 11 pages where I provided it.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Intelligence_06
Actually, Mount Everest isn't tall enough for the earth's curvature to be visible. The pictures from its summit show curvature due to distortion from the camera lens. In order to see the earth's curvature, you have to be at least 35,000 feet above sea level, and even then you need a wide angle of view.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Thanks man I'll have another debate for us when this is over
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RationalMadman

It was known by those that knew.

Nonetheless in relative terms the U.S.A. and obviously N.A.S.A (1958) are spring chickens.

Information isn't the sole preserve of the U.S.A. you know....Far from it.

Ask Zeno.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Information isn't the sole preserve of the U.S.A.
With space research it is (though Russia is in on it too).
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RationalMadman

A wildly inaccurate statement.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Assuming you aren't trolling me and/or stringing me along, let's discuss this more (or formally debate it if you want).

Are you aware that all astronauts on the planet of other nations with their own space stations are only permitted to partake in missions run by either NASA or Roscosmos (and Russia typically allows US to call the shots because they don't want to waste funding on it more often than not).

This is because it is UN-decreed law that one of those 2 need to 'okay' each and every space-research-based project. Even China answers to them.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
The nature of celestial bodies the size of Mercury, or Pluto, both smaller than Earth, let alone Earth, and, in fact, even the smallest moon in our Solar System, Deimos, of Mars, is that they are spherical bodies, not disks; round in three dimensions, not a flat two. The physics of that nature were adequately proven by Newton, and ratified by every physicist since, grounded in Newtons three laws of motion, specifically, law #2: Force equals mass times acceleration [f = ma], also considered the force of gravity. I don't care what some idiot says on a video. I can make videos, too, one that would say Earth is a cube, or even a tesseract, but it would not have the imprimatur of truth.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RationalMadman

And do you think that China is being wholly honest.

And how much heed do you think Russia and China actually pay to U.N. mandates.  Especially when you consider who might regard themselves to be the main shot callers.

And in the context of the Flat Earth subject, N.A.S.A founded in 1958 is somewhat if not wholly irrelevant. All spheroid Earth subterfuge would have  been initiated, millennia previously by European and Middle Eastern Scholars, long before the U.S.A was ever dreamed of.

And the purpose of such subterfuge would seem to be purposeless, as the Earth might just as well be spheroid as  be flat.

And do you have a persecution complex?....Because, why do you feel that  a valid Forum response is someone trolling you?....No one else on this site is as fearful.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
There is a lot of purpose behind the lie, financial motive came later on (with NASA etc) but the lie (if it's a lie) is perfect for many reasons.

Turning science into an autocracy is very clever; it lets you call the opposition dangerous, not just stupid. As soon as we associate authority with a scientific conclusion, we need to ask who the authority answers to. NASA answers to the US government and whoever relies on NASA's success outside of the government, financially and politically speaking. No one is entitled to question it or oppose it, Roscosmos is merely allowed to compete.

As for China, I am not sure where I said I trust China. I said even China needs permission from US and Russia to carry out space missions.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Guys the moon is flat too, RM is onto something here.