Flat Earth...

Author: Grugore

Total: 353
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
What? there's only one edge?
The earth goes on for infinity in every other direction. Bwuahahahahahahaha. Batshit crazy.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
That is also possible, there's an argument about whether the sky is actually curved even slightly at all and if it's just an endless plane or if it's more like we're in a snow-globe or perhaps 1 of 9 (hinted at with solar system where it's likely pluto ended up freezing over and they felt the need to inform us by this fairytale of it becoming a dwarf or whatever, I don't know). 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
I think you're mentally picturing it different to how it is. Antarctica is the outside, the North Pole is the inside/centre.
disgusted
disgusted
The inside and outside of a flat plane? Do you have any understanding of dimensions? One end of flat is inside and one outside, what do you call the left and right of your one dimensional plane?
Do you have a map of this flat earth we can see?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Aside from dimensions like time and such, it's 3-D.

Something like this:

or 

I support the second theory because of flight routes vs times and such. Australia is much further from Africa (like MUCH further) than we think whereas it's almost as close to South America as we think. The first map was the initial flat earth map and didn't know much about the southern hemisphere (we still don't as they're so underdeveloped technologically to interact with one another so even though Australia is, the rest don't help much).

disgusted
disgusted
That is fucking hilarious.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Good to know. 

Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
-->
@disgusted
I have circumnavigated the globe. I sailed from Long Beach CA to Hawaii. Next, I hit three ports in Australia. Next, was the Suez Canal, where I stopped in Egypt, Spain, Turkey and Italy. Then I sailed to Diego Garcia, Philippines, went through the Panama Canal, then back to Long Beach. The entire time, I followed the sun west. This is impossible to do on a flat Earth. End of argument. Now, STFU, YOU IGNORANT BASTARDS!
EDIT: THIS WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU, DISGUSTED. IT WAS FOR THAT RATIONAL IDIOT.

Goldtop
Goldtop
Do you know anyone who lives 40km+ deep into Antarctica?

There are people all over the Antarctica, one can travel there any day of the week.
Goldtop
Goldtop
there's an argument about whether the sky is actually curved even slightly at all and if it's just an endless plane or if it's more like we're in a snow-globe
No, there are no such arguments because there is no evidence of such things. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Goldtop
Goldtop
didn't know much about the southern hemisphere (we still don't as they're so underdeveloped technologically to interact with one another
Hahahahahaha!  That's the most ridiculous reason I've ever seen, absolutely mind boggling. Perhaps, we have yet to discover Africa? Lol.

Goldtop
Goldtop
I think you're mentally picturing it different to how it is. Antarctica is the outside, the North Pole is the inside/centre.
That would make the coast of Antarctica tens of thousands of miles long, yet it has been circumnavigated many times with it's coastline accurately measured and defined.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
There is a maximum into it you can 'travel' and it's very, very shallow. NASA and Roscosmos researchers and other researchers who bow before those organisations are the only permitted to set foot past around 13km in.

If you are past 20km in you're gonna find they can play the weather to get you to run away or kill you 'naturally' if they so please. Despite this, there's researchers so deep into you and 'deep' down into the water beneath... You don't even know it's ok, I am not chatting to someone only here to poke 'haha flat earther' in my ribs again and again.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
It has not. This is a lie. The people who 'circumnavigated' it actually went 'into' is and the only one to successfully do so said that there was ice so far in you'd think (since he came from the Americas end of it) that he's end up in the Indian ocean but he didn't, ever. There was just more and more and more and more ice way further than maps suggested was possible. Soon after that NASA and Roscosmos realised they had to set up barriers and come up with a plan of the Earth that would stop us wanting to venture there.

Now, I'll let this fine man speak the truth for me:

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
@Grugore
I can explain it to you if you want.
Goldtop
Goldtop
It has not. This is a lie. The people who 'circumnavigated' it actually went 'into' is and the only one to successfully do so said that there was ice so far in you'd think (since he came from the Americas end of it) that he's end up in the Indian ocean but he didn't, ever.
So, even though I provided you with daily flight schedules and tours that can go as long as 60 days throughout the continent, you provide some hearsay assertion. Sorry, but when irrational notions pop into your head, they aren't considered evidence, fyi.

Soon after that NASA and Roscosmos realised they had to set up barriers and come up with a plan of the Earth that would stop us wanting to venture there.
And of course, no such barriers or plan or anything of the sort has ever been shown to exist. Another flagrant fabrication.

As usual, you have gone back to supplying links to other ignorant, deluded flat earthers. I think this one comment on that video directed towards Rob Skiba says it all...

"What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent flat earth message were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought."

Goldtop
Goldtop
NASA and Roscosmos researchers and other researchers who bow before those organisations are the only permitted to set foot past around 13km in.

Prove it. Then go back and read the link where I provided you with daily flight schedules and tours all over Antarctica to educate yourself.

If you are past 20km in you're gonna find they can play the weather to get you to run away or kill you 'naturally' if they so please.
What's really hilarious about public forums is that people can say the most ridiculous things, well beyond any kind of rational thought, all the while blatantly insulting the intelligence of everyone around them and somehow they believe their deluded fantasies should be taken seriously.

But, what's more interesting are the accumulating research studies being done on flat earthers as a result of the recent flood of folks like Rob Skiba, et al., religious fanatics who still believe the Bible is a history book.

I am not chatting to someone only here to poke 'haha flat earther' in my ribs again and again.
Don't be silly, you and I both know you're pretty much under constant ridicule wherever and whenever you get involved in the topic. And rightly so, if one is going to just toss reason, rationale and logic out the window in favor of obscenely ignorant fantasies, one should get all the ridicule they deserve.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
'YOU ARE SAYING OVER ONE TINY SECTION LOL
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
YOU CANNOT FLY OVER ANTARCTICA, you can take a helicopter near it just high enough to avoid the harsh winds and to see barely into it (white can distort depth as it's all one colour)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
these tours are to the edge barely into Antarctica, you still don't get it.
Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
-->
@RationalMadman
I wish the Earth WAS flat. That way, you could jump off the edge, never to be seen again.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Goldtop
You never get to go all the way around 'around' 'into' it's all subjective when they advertise. You don't literlaly go in a circle and time it. You stick to a small part and venture around, not in and cover what you assume is a quarter or something and come back (it's more like a twelvth at most)

Goldtop
Goldtop
You never get to go all the way around 'around' 'into' it's all subjective when they advertise. You don't literlaly go in a circle and time it. You stick to a small part and venture around, not in and cover what you assume is a quarter or something and come back (it's more like a twelvth at most)
Of course, your post is not based on any facts, but instead the usual notions of nonsense floating around in your head.

Goldtop
Goldtop
these tours are to the edge barely into Antarctica, you still don't get it.
Unfortunately, when you just say stuff that pops into your head rather than actually looking it up, you'll quickly find that no one takes you seriously anymore when it's so easy for you to lie and so easy to catch you in a lie.

Goldtop
Goldtop
YOU CANNOT FLY OVER ANTARCTICA, you can take a helicopter near it just high enough to avoid the harsh winds and to see barely into it (white can distort depth as it's all one colour)
Lying comes easy for you, doesn't it.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Goldtop you're the one lying. Read your own links and the travel plans 
Goldtop
Goldtop
Goldtop you're the one lying. Read your own links and the travel plans 
Nothing is too low for you to stoop, is it. You're lying that you even bothered to read those links, which is clear by the fact you think I'm lying, yet the facts are right in front of you.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Go ahead elaborate on how your sources back you up on the depth you go into Antarctica. Also prove that you ever go around it in one trip.
Goldtop
Goldtop
Go ahead elaborate on how your sources back you up on the depth you go into Antarctica. Also prove that you ever go around it in one trip.
Of course, shift the burden of proof of your wacky claims because you have yet to substantiate them in any way, so you stall by trying to get me to copy and paste from the link I gave you. You also said something I never claimed, I said nothing about any tour going around in one trip. Again, all you can ever muster is deceit, lies and ignorance.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You are the one bullying and chasing after me. I don't come fighting you, you come here to pick apart my theory and what-not. Get over yourself.