disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
I will not go into just who owns and runes NG itself but it is 100% a NASA-endorsed source, let's just say that. Not NASA-funded, NASA-endorsed, it is different.

Anyway, let's observe the route he is taking. It assumes something extremely significant. It assumes that the 'triangle head' or you see the point where it's down and up? Yeah, that point, is being drawn and assumed to be close to the centre but what if it's not? Just imagine, for a moment that he is taking a route that is basically much, much less 'triangular' and he is merely assuming it is because his compass will support that (which can never point to the south pole due to the mysterious pole only being one at any given time on Earth, currently for the last Millennia or more it's been only North, the 'South' will be where North is, it will merely flip which magnetic pole it is based on interaction with Lava and other things occuring at the North but I will explain that later).

Now let's factor in how harsh the weather is going to be and the effect that will have on his ability to track time as well as the fact he's stated publicly to a NASA-endorsed news source what he's going to be doing and the exact route he'll be taking (helping them sneak up on him and altering his watch/phone's time etc while he's asleep to make him think he's walked for less time than he has). Put all the things together and start to see how the lie is still completely doable given the resources such an organisation has down there and 'up here' in the 'non-ice world'.
Plisken
Plisken
-->
@RationalMadman
Your flat earthing is wasted on me bud.  I'm a lost cause.   I suppose you think the astronauts lie to engineers dedicating their life's work to this stuff to keep them alive
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Plisken
This is completely correct. Astronauts must be lying whereas the engineers, even when extreme in their IQ, are being duped. There is complete viability in the notion that even the highest ranking engineer in NASA isn't in on the lie. 
disgusted
disgusted
@mad
Can you produce the facts written by the King of Faeries court Jester that supports any of your nonsense? Bwuahahahahahaha
disgusted
disgusted
Billions of people are keeping a secret, OH DEAR.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I've actually had a long conversation with Eric Dubay and another one of his people that make Youtube videos. I don't buy there is no such thing as gravity. And i didn't buy some of the other things i forget at this time that were counter intuitive to our current understandings. The conversation i was having with them more in detail had to do with greed. I believe people are greedy and everyone wants to be famous or make it to the top in one capacity or another. If this was true... we would know about it. Someone would want to take all the glory that would come with it. Plus, i highly doubt an entire worlds full of people are in on a conspiracy that the earth isn't round. That would be the most idiotic conspiracy to be in on ... it would be a troll conspiracy. This is besides the logical things that would disprove flat earth such as directions and flight paths etc. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I will discuss on PM the 'why', the 'how' of that lie is even easier to work out than the lie itself.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
@Castin
@janesix
@Vader
@disgusted

Even if you disagree, enjoy the rap. No, that's not me just a fantastic truther.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
@sadolite
@Vader
@disgusted
@Plisken
Indulge yourselves.

Very recent video put out by my favourite Youtube-flat-earther

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Lmfao ... that was hilarious. But in seriousness, that reverb thing he does with his voice is awful. Plus, he needs to mix vocals with the beat much better. But the lyrics are gold... The second video lost me at look at these different pictures. "Different" i.e. different camera's, distance, etc... Common man. These guys are spinning everything they can, which is proof they are bsing.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Just to be clear, you have stated zero reasons why they are wrong, only that they are funny or bs.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Well the singer i just can't take seriously. The second video i gave you a reason why i didn't continue to listen. If it starts out deceptive, i don't trust the rest to not be deceptive.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
Here i'll indulge you a little more, i watched the second point. The earths curvature. Well you can't see the curvature bc you are always in the center. Wherever you stand, you are in the center of the earths curvature. Every degree you turn, the curvature is bw you and the horizon.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
It's the same guy who is the 'main narrator' of the second video who was the rapper of the first video.

The O.D.D. is an acronym he sometimes hints at what it means but I think he likes to leave it mysterious like flat Earth or something he's hinting at.

It's not his initials. His name's Matt Procella (I know from a couple interviews he's had where his name showed on the screen etc)

Anyway, which part of the video is deceptive?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Do you mean forwards and backwards? When it says curvature it means the other way of curvature (left to right along the horizon) even on a very high-flying plane that's always completely flat.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
OverDosing Debuking or OverDosing Deception or something.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The 'odd' is not unintentional.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
It's bc the earth is huge. Your eye site can only see so far. The earth is like triple the distance your eye can see. So, it will always look flat to a human, even on a plane. 

The first point was deceptive when it showed the 3 images of earth and said... look they are all different and something about the size of the American continent. Well... obviously they're going to be different if it's different cameras from different angles and distances. And even if it's the same camera, after time the quality could change. Or even maybe yeah... they touched the photo up depending on what the photo was used for. People do touch photos up in photoshop before they release them to certain magazines or whatever.   
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
You do realise you're not the first to say these things? I've heard it (when I say 'I' I refer to me and other intellectual flat-earthers) and the issue is that the side making excuses for direct proof against them is framed as being the flat-earthers when it's actually the round-earthers.

On top of that, why is it that they say the Earth is a pear? Why is the south, even to them, undeniably bigger than the northern hemisphere by a huge enough degree to admit the Earth would be a pear and not an apple? Why do planes between Africa and Aussie/NZ always ALWAYS stop over in the middle east? The default flat earth map was made by the flat earth society or endorsed by them and it's wrong because it shows South America and Australia very far away from one another but in reality it's the gap between Africa and Australia that's the way we find out just how disproportionately bigger the South of the world is than the North (I struggle to say 'South' here as there is no South Pole, at all).
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
"On top of that, why is it that they say the Earth is a pear? "

Tyson was just saying that... not that it's exactly like a pear. He was talking about it very specifically that it's not round... i.e. it's not a perfect circle, which makes sense since it's a big rock. Everything else you asked me i have no clue what you mean if you don't get more specific. I mean, we just had a lunar eclipse... did you look at the moon? Was it a flat shadow or was it a round shadow? I saw a round shadow personally. And that's just one proof against it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
The Moon is not the Earth. The assumption that the Moon is the same kind of thing as the Earth is just that; an assumption. 

The Earth, literally, is pear-shaped even according to NASA. The Southern Hemisphere is undeniably larger than the Northern one. The question is just how much and why that would be if their story of our origin and way of being a planet are all true.
Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
Here is video of a space walk. It clearly shows that the Earth is round. Now shut your ignorant mouth. You're embarrassing  yourself.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
@Grugore
Firstly observe the YouTube Channel. 

Secondly, why no stars? Thirdly, why isn't the Earth moving (I mean the clouds but then to both of these you'll say he was moving the whole time and the video was so ridiculously short).

Sorry to tell you this but that video would be far, far too easy to fake, the hardest part being the piece of art that's the Earth.
Grugore
Debates: 1
Grugore
-->
@Outplayz
Haha! RM blocked me. My work here is done.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
The Moon is not the Earth. The assumption that the Moon is the same kind of thing as the Earth is just that; an assumption. 
See... this is what i hate about having anything to do with flat earth. When there is clear evidence it's always 'fake, an assumption, wrong, non-existent, false etc. etc.' When the whole idea can only be justified by saying everything else is false... it makes the idea wholly contingent on ignorance and not only that... it's actually quite insulting to a person's intelligence. My next proof happened to do with the pull gravity... That if it was flat gravity would pull everything to the center, but now i know you'll say gravity is fake too. This isn't the sort of conspiracy theory i find attractive. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
I'm confused, what did I say was fake about the moon?

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
You said the "assumption" that the moon is the same thing as the earth. While they aren't exactly the same in substance... the moon is a piece of our earth. That isn't an assumption. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Mopac
I know right! Same with all that global warming/climate change BS. Make a convincing enough argument and people will just eat it up even when their own eyes say different.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
It is. The chunk of Earth theory is one of three leading theories, not at all a universally accepted one. It's still a mystery what the Moon is even to NASA.