Inverse Reality Endgame

Author: Lunatic

Total: 76
Elminster
Debates: 0
Elminster
-->
@Speedrace
So lets say hes trying to spin negan as a good guy that betrayed being bad and it wasnt miller. Lets say he put him as a protag because that is where the series is going and he claimed miller as a way to justify his role and he accidentally typed redirector, it makes total sense. Negan being a redirector lined up with the series (hence why he was thinking about it)

i just wasnt sure if he was being put as a protag or antag. Antag was very likely but if you watch the show or comics they are trying to set him up to be the main character after ricks death. 
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@coal
not town read behvaior

I just have a bad habbit of being right on dp1 and getting killed for it. Im going to stop typing all my thoughts until like dp2 lol
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Elminster
So lets say hes trying to spin negan as a good guy that betrayed being bad and it wasnt miller. Lets say he put him as a protag because that is where the series is going and he claimed miller as a way to justify his role and he accidentally typed redirector, it makes total sense. Negan being a redirector lined up with the series (hence why he was thinking about it)
That assumes he is using his real character. Scum rarely do that, and in this case I don't think a single scum member did that
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Elminster
drafter was there because drafter typically plays more assertive than that, and his theory is let town kill each other.

I intentionally kept Drafter out of my scum piles because I knew (1) I could flip on any read if he was alive DP4 --- and I was fairly confident he would be, though wasn't sure; and (2) I saw scum reading him as potentially derailing my other project with Warren, whose lynch I was primarily interested in; given that in order for the game to be balanced he had to be a scum-sided role.  

The post you quoted me on was the lynch order I wanted until supa set redirector and then that made me think pie helped him come up with miller. 
Interesting.  I didn't pick up on that, and I doubt I would have because I wasn't scrutinizing his posts like I was the posts of others (Warren, Drafter, Whiteflame and Oro) once Chris was lynched.   I hard town-read Supa before the end of DP1 and didn't really need to pay much more attention to him after that.  

Same with Pie.  Behaviorally, because I town-read Supa and I also town-read pie, the only extent to which I was paying attention to what he did was the extent to which it related to me directly, lynching Warren, or getting him off the idiot wagon that formed DP2 --- but once he was on the idiot wagon, I was pretty sure that no matter how wrong his reads were (or his anticipated death at the end of multiple day phases, when at no point during that time would he have been the conceivable night target for even a minimally adequate scum team) he was as good as town confirmed.

Knowing how Supa plays, I saw everything he did as consistent with his town meta.  Not consistent with his scum meta. 

I am less familiar with Pie.  But I could not see scum motives for what he was doing.  At any point.  Though, again, I don't remember anything that made me think pie helped supa come up with a claim, but mainly because I was pretty sure there was no way supa was fake claiming. 

So was backing off christ at the end but in my notes I had it split to both those theories. So when chris died, it would have been theory 1 lynch order
I backed off of Chris because I needed to think about what he said, too, and I didn't want to rush it when I thought we had more time.  Turns out he slipped in a way that entailed the conclusion.  Your theory 1 group I understand, though I still do not understand putting me over Warren, which Whiteflame did too.  My thought on why whiteflame did that was because I was the easier of the two to sort out.  Was there a distinction in your DP1 thoughts as to the relative probability that either warren or I were scum?  Did you think I was more likely to be scum than him?  Why, if so? 
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@Speedrace
Yeah cus it was heavy protag. Negan as a protag can def multi flex as antag

its why miller made sense

but he also could have easily spun it as protag negan (tech). Was unlikely but possible. I just found it super weird the way redirector was in his paraphrase. Its not something that would be there commonly 

coal
coal
-->
@Elminster
not town read behvaior

So you did place me into the scum piles based on behavior? 

Elminster
Elminster
-->
@coal
At the point I made that he had hardly posted and I had you and him by poe, so it didn't matter the lynch order tbh. It could have been either or. I was pretty confident on drafter but as you said he did it for us when he claimed np3 death as long as we hit 1 scum before that

weird enough I actually think a meta for judas now is just claim vanilla and hope you dont get lynched. Saying Lynch proof in any form just = death. That is true regardless of lynchproof or judas lol
Elminster
Elminster
-->
@coal
typos sorry mid raid. 

No i had you by poe

you were town behaviorally 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Elminster
weird enough I actually think a meta for judas now is just claim vanilla and hope you dont get lynched. Saying Lynch proof in any form just = death. That is true regardless of lynchproof or judas lol
My thoughts exactly
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Warren really had no other options but to do what he did.  It was good play.
Assuming mafia doesn't get killed it'd be
D1: 9v2
D2: 7v2
D3: 5v2

At which point I'd have claimed D3 innocent child. I get called out "it's D3 already you weren't revealed" and I throw a fit yelling at Lunatic for not revealing me. I get lynched it's 4v3 and we just need a successful NK.

I could've also claimed vanilla but that's no fun.
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
I can now say this without an agenda.

Lynching me twice is literally the worst possible path of action. That was so incredibly stupid. You let mafia get two free NKs

I'm the godfather that claimed lynchproof? Also fucking stupid.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42

Lynching me twice is literally the worst possible path of action. That was so incredibly stupid. You let mafia get two free NKs

Well if I suspected that you were the lynchproof maybe not. I was convinced you were Judas especially with the Walder Frey character. If the Vig didn’t exist I would’ve lynched you twice, no doubt about it. If we lost cause of that so be it, but a Judas is dangerous af

And I never said you were The Godfather lynchproof. I said you could be fake claiming Lynchproof as Godfather in hopes of getting investigated and cleared. In fact if we just investigated you it would’ve been dumb cause you technically were affiliated with Town but I wouldn’t have know that. A Judas kept alive is far dangerous than getting a 2-1 trade knowing what I knew.

In another situation I’d agree with you but because of where the cards were I definitely would’ve done it if needed be. As I always say, loyalty is the best characteristic someone could have in my opinion xD
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Im upset I did not get weak hider. I would have confirmed drafter was scum very early by hiding behind scum to test bulletproof claim.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Town would’ve really been stacked then
coal
coal
-->
@warren42

I disagree.  The only way I could use my role and do so in the least anti-town way was to execute the lynchproof, and that was you.  This resulted as I anticipated in useful cop results that placed Drafter in DP-4 and alive, resolving any question as to whether he was scum.  

Even if WF didn't investigate you (and I assumed he would, which was the correct move) it was going to be you or me lynched given the idiot wagon DP2.  Given your role, I knew you had to be scum based on balance.  So, better you than me. 

What I didn't know was whether you were the Judas.  But consider the alternative world.   If we don't lynch you twice, we don't push Drafter into DP4 being alive, or even if we do it doesn't end as cleanly as it did -- all scum and possible scum lynched.  

If I didn't execute you, there's one other option: execute drafter or don't use the role.  If I execute drafter before DP4 and I'm wrong about him being scum, then either Drafter or I am the target and it may well would have been me based on the idiot wagon that formed DP2.  Total mistake.  But if I don't execute, until you die I am prime lynch target before you (at least according to WF and others on the idiot wagon, like Pie) and based on my role primarily associated with scum affiliation.  

I can see the frustration from your perspective:  If only Coal had just executed Warren I would have still won! 

That's reasonable, but the lower-risk path was executing you, then lynching you, then seeing if Drafeter was still alive.  That's why I executed you. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
weak hider = stronk hider