Should we defund the police?

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 247
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Is a dangerous asshole one that shits barrowloads?...LOL.

Oh my lord, Jesus is turning over in his grave with laughter at that hilarious comeback :--D Touche, two barrows McGoo.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
We should privatize the police; get the government out of the policing business and let private companies take over.

Left wing reason to back it: If the government police kill a black dude, there is no real action.  If a private company does the same thing, they risk losing business.

Right wing reason to back it: Thanks to our government police, 40% of murderers and 65% of rapists get away with their crimes.  The private sector can bring these numbers down a lot by eliminating the bureaucratic waste.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
You have state Police regulated by government, rather than government police.

Government Police would be private Police. which would have to be replaced every 4 years. (Hopefully)

So if you have private Policing companies ....Would they be regulated or not?.....And if regulated, then by who?......And who awards the contracts.

And if not regulated, then what?.......Sounds like trouble to me.

And just maybe, the poor conviction rate is not the fault of poor Policing, but perhaps has something to do with the legal system and it's private practitioners.
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
-->
@zedvictor4
So if you have private Policing companies ....Would they be regulated or not?
Yes.

And if regulated, then by who?
The government, just like any other business.

And who awards the contracts.
The customers.  It would work by customers paying $100/year for policing services from the company of their choice.  Then if the customer gets murdered, raped, or have any other crime committed against them, they can call their private company number and the company can arrest someone with due process.

And just maybe, the poor conviction rate is not the fault of poor Policing, but perhaps has something to do with the legal system and it's private practitioners.
The poor conviction rate is largely because of the government being slow like it is with everything else.  The private sector can do justice faster and better than the government.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheUnderdog
Which is slow the Government or the Law.

I'm not sure about the U.S.....But here in the U.K. the Government is a separate institution to the Law.

So you want independent Police companies that are regulated by the Government of the day, voluntarily paid for by the people?

Now...I can see a plethora of problems with that system.....But let's just leave it there.

And I'm not sure that a murder victim is going to be calling anyone.....LOL

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
A fundamental role of the government is protection of the people. How do you propose that occur without the police?

One of the top demographics that supports the police is African Americans.

Guess what the lowest is. White liberals.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

The future of the Police Force is AI robots.