Man's own unwillingness to see the proof of Gods existence

Author: ronjs

Total: 112
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@janesix

What about Thomas Edison. betcha didn't know this one was a non-believer! Well, he was. Quote: "I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God." Quote: "So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake... Religion is all bunk." Quote: "I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul....I am an aggregate of cells, as, for instance, New York City is an aggregate of individuals. Will New York City go to heaven?....No; nature made us -- nature did it all -- not the gods of the religions." 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@FLRW
So? Are you trying to prove that "smart people" aren't religious or something? I really don't care who does or doesn't believe in God. If you think I am stupid for believing in God, that is your opinion. 
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@3RU7AL
Are you asking me how the higgs field gives mass to bosons?
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@janesix
I don't see how your definition of mass makes atoms, or electrons, physical. 

E=MC2 just means mass and energy are equivalent (in some undefined way)

The only reason I even allow for "fields" to be physical is because everything is vibration (but there has to be "something" that is vibrating. What the F is vibrating?)

They're physical because they interact in the physical world. What do you mean by "nonphysical"? Photons don't have mass but they're still physical. They interact with the physical world.

E=mc^2 doesn't say mass and energy are equivalent, but that they're interchangeable. It specifically says in the equation that a lot of energy is needed to make a little mass. 

Quantum fields are for modeling particles in a way that unifies particles and fields in the same theoretical framework. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@FLRW
Gates probably did not say it but many atheist support it. The idea of removing something the don't like from people just so they can feel better is scary. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@janesix
They still have the right to their private thoughts.
Do they, really? Tell it to Trump, who has been vilified every which way from Sunday for speaking private thoughts in what was thought to be a private conversation that just happened to have a hidden open mic brought to the table by the other guy in the conversation. A recording that was held for 11 years before revealing it by an agenda. If it was newsworthy in 2005, why wasn't it released in 2005? Just think, the left could have possibly ended Trump's political aspirations before they began. Private thoughts? That's laughable. What private right, exactly, was being exercised by Billy Bush when, actually, Trump was not talking to Billy Bush, but Access Hollywood?
janesix
janesix
-->
@fauxlaw
Although I detest most politicians, and have no political leaning, I would say that even Donald Trump deserves rights to his own private thoughts But by telling someone else of your private thoughts, are they private anymore?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@janesix
Not when the conversation is secretly recorded. Otherwise, the unwritten rule of trust applies. So, with an explosive bombshell in his hands, why did Billy Bush wait 16 years? Can we spell a-g-e--n-d-a?
janesix
janesix
-->
@fauxlaw
It's a secret, not a private thought. TWo different things altogether. 

And I'm sure everything an agenda for someone when it comes to politics. I don't really do politics, I don't vote, I barely care. They are going to f=k us over no matter which "side" they are on. I hope you don't think there are really sides, do you?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@janesix
I don't vote sides. I vote individuals, and experience, regardless of side. Trump was an executive; Hillaryous Balloon Girl was not. Trump was an executive, Biden was not. The presidency is an executive position. An easy choice on both occasions. I'm electing an executive, not a moral advisor [I have one of those, already]. Easy choice.
janesix
janesix
-->
@fauxlaw
They are all clowns.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and is now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum,

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLE STUPIDITY REGARDING THE EARTH BEING THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE: “The cosmos is eternal. Why would you assume that I believe there is a center?”

You would think by now that when you speak of the Bible in your outright ignorance, that you would know that Jesus and I would come in to show you to be the continued #1 Biblical fool upon this forum!   To your flustering stupidity AGAIN pertaining to Jesus’ inspired scriptures, He states that the Earth is the center of the universe, H-E-L-L-O?  You pride yourself in reading the Bible many times, but it was all for naught as I and many others have shown you that what you “think” you know, YOU DON’T!  Understood Bible fool?

JESUS SAYS THE EARTH IS FIXED AND IMMOVABLE AND LIES AT THE CENTER OF ALL THINGS:

“Then spoke Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the men of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still at Gibeon, and thou Moon in the valley of Aijalon." And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the nation took vengeance on their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.” (Joshua 10:12-13)

The Biblical evidence in support of a geocentric model is overwhelming within this passage alone, and other passages as well at your total embarrassment again. Jesus’s inspired words state that the Earth is at the center of the universe, you stupid Bible fool! Do you want to call Jesus a LIAR? 

Now, if you want to use your Satanic position regarding GREEK translations relative to this topic, then once again I will easily BIBLE SLAP YOU SILLY, UNDERSTOOD?!

Now, at your expense once again, if you DO NOT respond to this post in showing the membership your complete Bible stupidity, I can only assume that you agree with its content, AND that I once again OWN your outright Bible ignorance and faith, understood? Huh?

If you can, argue for your limitations; they're yours. Understand Bible fool?

BEGIN:

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@fauxlaw
2. Tied to #1. Eternity has no center. The cosmos is eternal. Why would you assume that I believe there is a center?
And without a specific center-point you cannot say (authoritatively) what revolves around what.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
We observe the revolution of stars around our own galaxy, our Sol among them, and that of other galaxies, and that's authoritative, but n one of it means there's a center of the whole. It's simply a matter that in an eternal space, there is no center.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@fauxlaw
So, functionally, the supermassiveblackholeatthecenterofthemilywaygalaxy is your personally preferred center-point?
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@3RU7AL
supermassiveblackholeatthecenterofthemilywaygalaxy
The supermassiveblackholeatthecenterofthemilywaygalaxy is not the center of the universe. Galaxy and universe are two separate things. We know that because we observe millions, perhaps billions of separate galaxies, not just our milky one.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@fauxlaw
That's why I said, "is your personally preferred center-point".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@fauxlaw
Here's a better example.

Is Andromeda moving towards the Milkyway galaxy, (OR) is the Milkyway galaxy moving towards Andromeda?

Or are they both moving towards each other at half the speed?

Is the Milkyway galaxy static (OR) is the Milkyway galaxy moving away from Andromeda (but just not as quickly as Andromeda is overtaking it?)
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@3RU7AL
As I said, I do not prefer a center point, and I explained why.  Whatever Milky Way and Andromeda are doing relative to each other requires a scope of perspective larger than either's individual scope. one can continue that enlarging scope forever: eternity. If only one could dismiss their finite scope because they cannot think big enough. That's on them, not the eternal.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, 

In your inept Bible ignorant post #104 you once again call Jesus a LIAR!  Haven't I told you many times that you only need to commit the Unpardonable Sin once?  In said post, you actually had the audacity to state herewith: "It's simply a matter that in an eternal space, there is no center."  Therefore you slap Jesus in the face once again in going against the scriptures as I have easily shown to you in my post #102 above!  What part of Jesus' inspired words in Joshua 10:12-13 didn't you understand relative to the "center" of Jesus' universe creation?

The fact that you have not responded to my godly post #102 within this thread above, and where the prerequisite was that if you didn't respond to it, you agreed to Jesus' words that the earth is the center of the universe, and that I own your Bible stupidity and faith, of which I thank you for coming to terms in this respect.   BUT, you become a hypocrite when you still proffer that there is no center in Jesus' universe, where He has explicitly shown within the Bible that the earth is the center!  

TO THE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN MEMBERSHIP REGARDING THE MINION OF SATAN FAUXLAW:  “I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.” (Romans 16:17)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT SLAPS JESUS IN THE FACE LIKE FAUXLAW DOES WILL BE ...?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@fauxlaw
relative to each other
There it is.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@ronjs