Have you ever tried to speak against prejudice in a redneck neighborhood? #cancelculture

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 46
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
 You try to say the wrong shit in some very right-wing areas and you will be in hospital.
You try to say the wrong shit in some very left-wing areas and you will be in the hospital or you won't have a future.

Had a friend who is religious say that they didn't support abortion in class because it was against their religion. Student got suspended for saying that. The leftist agenda is being forced down the throats of students and is the teachers fault for promoting this agenda by spreading this philosophy and debate.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
 You try to say the wrong shit in some very right-wing areas and you will be in hospital.
You try to say the wrong shit in some very left-wing areas and you will be in the hospital or you won't have a future.

Had a friend who is religious say that they didn't support abortion in class because it was against their religion. Student got suspended for saying that. The leftist agenda is being forced down the throats of students and is the teachers fault for promoting this agenda by spreading this philosophy and debate.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-> @bmdrocks21 @oromagi
I am curious of something. Out of these words which is the least rude and embraced by the group:

I'd say that there are regional variations here with Southern understanding probably more various and more invested than other regions.  From a Western US perspective, I think the order of increasing potential offense goes something like this:

1. Hillbilly
  2. Hick
  3. Redneck
  4. Honky
  5. Trailer trash
  6. Cracker
  7. White trash
  8. Confederate 
I think all of these words are in use by self-deprecating Southerners with the exception of the last.  I added Honky.  I think of cracker as used in the comedy of Chris Rock.  Racially specific immorality is more charged than geographically specific immorality.

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Anyone attempting to define redneck is only using their own opinionated indoctrinated narrative  of what it means or stands for. I'm a redneck and proud of it and the best part is, I have money and ain't poor. I'm sure most of you have been taught and indoctrinated to think a redneck is some one toothed backwoods idiot with an IQ of 70.  Rednecks will inherit the earth. while the arrogant and repugnant starve to death and kill each other when the shit hits the fan.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
I genuinely meant the word without severe insult to it. I was referring to a subculture within US that refer to themselves as rednecks, thanks for saying your piece.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
If that genuinely happened with the pro-life student and you aren't taking it out of context, then I agree with you. That's absolutely terrible for a school to do rather than engage him to explain his perspective and perhaps explain that the school is a pro-choice school, in a diplomatic manner.
Conway
Debates: 0
Conway
-->
@RationalMadman

1. Cracker - Encountering this tells you straight off you're dealing with a racist.  
  2. White trash - You can somewhat grow out of this status, but it indicates racism of the speaker.
  3. Hillbilly - Way out in the hills, not for rural folk in general, generally neutral
  4. Hick - Used across the US toward people out in the sticks, generally not neutral
  5. Redneck - Appropriated across much of US, not necessarily charged with race
  6. Trailer trash - Inherently insulting to one's upbringing or walk of life
  7. Confederate - I don't think this is a thing. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Who calls a person a Confederate lmfao
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Sheltered libs.
Vader
Vader
Sorry for double post. Was having internet issues
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
What happened to your friend happens the other way around if you're prochoice in a religious school, just so you know.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I have various who attend catholic schools in my area. I've heard from them that allegedly they have a ton prochoice v prolife debates where the prochoice side wasn't punished.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
no, have you?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
redneck isn't really a bad term, most rural people consider themselves rednecks while white trash, trailer trash or hick is negative
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
There is a richer variant of hillbilly, who actually not only find 'redneck' rude bit themselves look down on and insult 'rednecks' who they see as the failed version of themselves.

This type of hillbilly is often in a rich cottage deep in a forest, while rednecks inhabit more arid land, relatively speaking.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
i mean, i guess