Does the Rabbi Have a Good Point?

Author: Stephen

Total: 124
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
-->
@3RU7AL
Yes and no.  While one cannot ask a female slave (known as a shifcha) to do male-inherent commandments, there are still many ways by which a female slave is emancipated (and, as with the male slave, the anecdote's absolute statement against manumission is an example of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing").
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
It has to do with the trinity in the case of it leading to incest. You seem to think no one was going to notice that is the Rabbi's issue, the incest.

If I didn't wish anyone to "notice" any part of the Rabbis' comment I would have simply have omitted it altogether, Witch.

And the Rabbis "issue"  is the total ridiculousness of the WHOLE ideas - not to mention the impossibility -  of the Trinity .

Don't get mad at me

Why would I get mad at you.? You have said nothing that has offended me, Witch.   In fact you have been unusually pleasant and its nice that you haver taken to commenting many times on my "silly topic". Was it your interest in incest that drew you in, Witch?

your topic is silly and just to provoke Christians.
Well there seem to be a few that are interested in discussing my "silly"topic" , Witch, including yourself.

As for "provoking Christians" , I am going to assume that you mean thought provoking, because the Rabbi's comment should certainly give all Christians something to think about,  as should the thought provoking comment in the same vein made by  Brother D Thomas here>>#11 and a Christian himself, no less.

The Bible is full of say one thing do another.

It is , yet Christians like to gloss over these sort of contradictory double standards don't they?  And they certainly do not like to be confronted with them or even have these biblical anomalies and contradictory double standards highlighted for everyone to see and examine for themselves.

God has little issue with incest it seems since those he chooses engage in it with little punishment. Jesus being no exception. 

So you didn't read the link I offered you then, Witch. 

543 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
"the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit" said Rabbi David Kimhi - " therefore, with reference to this god whom you call Father, Son and Holy Spirit, -  that part which you call the Father must be prior to that which you call Son,  for if they were always coexistent would have to be called twin brothers.

More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... 

It's  all very -  Oedipus, isn't it ?

Oedipus c 450 BC, was a mythical Greek king of Thebes. A tragic hero in Greek mythology, Oedipus is believed to have  fulfilled a prophecy (accidentally) that he would end up killing his father and marrying his mother, thereby bringing disaster to his city and family. 
Luke 1 has a better explanation.

Luke 2:34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God.

Shila
Shila
-->
@rosends
The issue of slavery is a complex one. If you want to read a brief discussion of the application of laws in that regard, you can start here and (with overlap and more) here.

Suffice to say, manumission's being prohibited was not as simple as that half anecdote suggests (though that anecdote was a responsa for finding a way to ensure freedom regardless of the apparent superficial prohibition).

The topic continues to be debated and its intricacies worked through such as in this exchange.
Slavery was not practical to the Jews  because it would be impossible to teach the slaves all the different commandments and restrictions required in Jewish households.

Neither would the Jews  make good slaves for the same reason. Keeping the commandment, diet and rituals would have left the Jew slave little time to do anything else.

But before the Exodus Jews  made ideal slaves because Moses had not yet received the commandments from God and one could treat the jews any which way  with little protest.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
One would assume that the concept of slave inevitably means that the enslaved can be utilised in any which way, irrespective of the slave's former ideological position.

Master... What are you doing Slave?

Slave... I'm praying to my GOD.

Master... Get on with your work and don't be impudent.

Sort of thing.
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4

--> @Shila
One would assume that the concept of slave inevitably means that the enslaved can be utilised in any which way, irrespective of the slave's former ideological position.

Master... What are you doing Slave?

Slave... I'm praying to my GOD.

Master... Get on with your work and don't be impudent.

Sort of thing.
You are well rehearsed. Might explain why you make your faith and beliefs irrelevant.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Slavery was not practical to the Jews because it would be impossible to teach the slaves all the different commandments and restrictions required in Jewish households.

Are you saying Jews didn't keep slaves?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

--> @Shila
Slavery was not practical to the Jews because it would be impossible to teach the slaves all the different commandments and restrictions required in Jewish households.

Only a minority of Jews kept slaves.

Slavery was not practical to the Jews  because it would be impossible to teach the slaves all the different commandments and restrictions required in Jewish households.

Neither would the Jews  make good slaves for the same reason. Keeping the commandment, diet and rituals would have left the Jew slave little time to do anything else.

But before the Exodus Jews  made ideal slaves because Moses had not yet received the commandments from God and one could treat the jews any which way  with little protest.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila

--> @Shila

Only a minority of Jews kept slaves.

By this do you  mean only those Jews that could afford a "slave"?

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
I exist day to day and an essential part of the process is making data assessments.

And for sure, I've come to consider certain ideas as irrelevant to my existence.
Shila
Shila
-->
@zedvictor4
--> @Shila
I exist day to day and an essential part of the process is making data assessments.

And for sure, I've come to consider certain ideas as irrelevant to my existence.
I am sure you have eliminated the bulk of human ideas and aspirations as irrelevant to your existence.

Darwin accounted for your types and marked the point of separation between apes and humans.

People often ask. If humans evolved from Apes then why are apes still with us. So May I ask what are you doing here?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
If humans evolved from Apes then why are apes still with us. So May I ask what are you doing here?

They are here because they remained apes. That is to say although we humans are said to have evolved from apes doesn't necessarily mean the apes have to die out. The better question for me is why is a chimp still a chimp?
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
-> @Shila
If humans evolved from Apes then why are apes still with us. So May I ask what are you doing here?

They are here because they remained apes. That is to say although we humans are said to have evolved from apes doesn't necessarily mean the apes have to die out. The better question for me is why is a chimp still a chimp?

Nature saw the need for apes to evolve to protects the species from extinction. Humans were better suited for survival and outpaced every other animal species.

Humans might have had a hands preserving apes because humans saw apes as their ancestors. So rather than competing with apes their ancestors they went their separate ways.

You might have want to check with Ancestry.com to find out more about your chimp ancestors. The better question is how much have you changed from you chimp cousins?
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Stephen
More over, if the Son is the Father what of  Mary getting pregnant?  Is this not an incestuous congregation? The Father has sex with the mother to conceive the Son who is also the Father.....so technically the Son, who is also the father, had sex with his mother"... 

I am from the southern part of the United States. I speak for every southerner when I say, that fucking my own mother is nothing to be ashamed of.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Wylted
--> @Stephen

I am from the southern part of the United States. I speak for every southerner when I say, that fucking my own mother is nothing to be ashamed of.
That is why the South is called the Bible Belt. You don’t seem to be  ashamed, should we assume you have been banging your mother.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Humans were better suited for survival and outpaced every other animal species.

That is the biggest load of old bollocks I have ever heard. Humans are the most unsuited species for nature than any single species on earth. Humans will very rarely last one single night in his natural state in the wild. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@PREZ-HILTON

Wylted wrote: I am from the southern part of the United States. I speak for every southerner when I say, that fucking my own mother is nothing to be ashamed of.

😂

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila

That is the biggest load of old bollocks I have ever heard. Humans are the most unsuited species for nature than any single species on earth. Humans will very rarely last one single night in his natural state in the wild. 
Humans dominate planet earth nearing 8 billion in population.
Humans go skinny dipping at night in his natural state.
Humans don’t have mating seasons. They can mate anytime of the year.
Animals live in zoos. Humans live in planned cities.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
--> @Shila

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen

--> @Shila
--> @Shila

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

That is  evidence “Humans were better suited for survival and outpaced every other animal species.”
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila

--> @Shila
--> @Shila

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

That is  evidence “Humans were better suited for survival and outpaced every other animal species.”
Stop talking rubbish.

You say:  "Humans go skinny dipping at night in his natural state".  Then they get out of the water, dry themselves off and dress themselves and maybe sit in front of a nice warm fire. The only animal that needs external fire /heat and cannot survive without it.

You say: "Humans dominate planet earth nearing 8 billion in population."  This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

You say: "Humans don’t have mating seasons. They can mate anytime of the year". Buy again- This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

You say: "Animals live in zoos. Humans live in planned cities."   There is only a tiny fraction of the world's animals in captivity at the will of man. Animals do not need to build cities. The natural world is its natural home and habitat.

Tell me, if we humans are so adapted to the NATURAL world, why is it we lost our natural fur coats only to have to hunt down and kill other animals for their coats?

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
HUMAN = MAMMAL
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila

--> @Shila
--> @Shila

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

So what!?

Stop talking rubbish.

You say:  "Humans go skinny dipping at night in his natural state".  Then they get out of the water, dry themselves off and dress themselves and maybe sit in front of a nice warm fire. The only animal thatneeds external fire /heat and cannot survive without it.

You say: "Humans dominate planet earth nearing 8 billion in population."  This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

You say: "Humans don’t have mating seasons. They can mate anytime of the year". Buy again- This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

You say: "Animals live in zoos. Humans live in planned cities."   There is only a tiny fraction of the world's animals in captivity at the will of man. Animals do not need to build cities. The natural world is its natural home and habitat.

Tell me, if we humans are so adapted to the NATURAL world, why is it we lost our natural fur coats only to have to hunt down and kill other animals for their coats?
It’s  call dominance.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
You say:  "Humans go skinny dipping at night in his natural state".  Then they get out of the water, dry themselves off and dress themselves and maybe sit in front of a nice warm fire. The only animal that needs external fire /heat and cannot survive without it.

You say: "Humans dominate planet earth nearing 8 billion in population."  This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

You say: "Humans don’t have mating seasons. They can mate anytime of the year". But again- This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

It’s  call dominance.

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

And Jesus said, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns". Yet man has been having to reap and sow and store all of its existence. 

God saying "have dominion over all the animals" simply makes us an apex predator.  Tell me; how does a human in his natural state go about having dominion over a frenzy of great white sharks in their own domain? Or just one great white shark?

And you didn't answer my question>> Tell me, if we humans are so adapted to the NATURAL world, why is it we lost our natural fur coats only to have to hunt down and kill other animals for their coats?

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila
You say:  "Humans go skinny dipping at night in his natural state".  Then they get out of the water, dry themselves off and dress themselves and maybe sit in front of a nice warm fire. The only animal that needs external fire /heat and cannot survive without it.

You say: "Humans don’t have mating seasons. They can mate anytime of the year". But again- This simply means they are prolific breeders and has nothing to do with surviving in the wild in their natural state.

It’s  call dominance.

And Jesus said, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns". Yet man has been having to reap and sow and store all of its existence. 
God did not give animals or birds control of their environment. They are totally dependent of nature. Bu5 humans have dominance over their environment. 
God saying "have dominion over all the animals" simply makes us an apex predator.  Tell me; how does a human in his natural state go about having dominion over a frenzy of great white sharks in their own domain? Or just one great white shark?
Shark hunting  by humans is actually driving the sharks extinct. Shows humans are masters of the sea.
And you didn't answer my question>> Tell me, if we humans are so adapted to the NATURAL world, why is it we lost our natural fur coats only to have to hunt down and kill other animals for their coats?
God made Adam and Eve bare naked so he could ogle at their nakedness.

Genesis 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
God did not give animals or birds control of their environment. They are totally dependent of nature. Bu5 humans have dominance over their environment. 

Nope.  Just one recent 21st century example; Two thirds of Pakistan was flooded just weeks ago; many people lost their lives and properties were totally destroyed and lost for ever.  So, it is not just animals that have no control over their environment, we humans just like them, are at its mercy. Stop talking bullshite.

Shark hunting by humans is actually driving the sharks extinct. Shows humans are masters of the sea. 

Stop it ffs. So, you can stay under water without coming up for air longer than a whale or a dolphin, can you? 

So, are you saying that humans didn't evolve from apes and that humans in their natural state have always been naked?

Genesis 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

The verse 3:21 of Genesis says different.
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins and clothed them.

But either way, according to the contradictory bible, it was either God or themselves that made artificial covering for these two earthlings. Which is not their natural state by any means. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
-> @Shila

Nope.  Just one recent 21st century example; Two thirds of Pakistan was flooded just weeks ago; many people lost their lives and properties were totally destroyed and lost for ever.  So, it is not just animals that have no control over their environment, we humans just like them, are at its mercy. Stop talking bullshite.
God has sent great floods before. But here he saved the majority of Pakistanis unlike Noah’s  flood where he destroyed the Jews.

Shark hunting by humans is actually driving the sharks extinct. Shows humans are masters of the sea. 

Stop it ffs. So, you can stay under water without coming up for air longer than a whale or a dolphin, can you? 
Scuba divers out manoeuvre sharks.

So, are you saying that humans didn't evolve from apes and that humans in their natural state have always been naked?
That is why God noticed their naked bodies and grew obsessive.

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins and clothed them.

But either way, according to the contradictory bible, it was either God or themselves that made artificial covering for these two earthlings. Which is not their natural state by any means. 
After banishing Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden they were no longer protected. God then tried to protect humans from the prying eyes of angels. Bu5 even here god was unsuccessful.

Genesis 6:1 When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with[a] humans forever, for they are mortal[b]; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
-> @Shila

God has sent great floods before. But here he saved the majority of Pakistanis unlike Noah’s  flood where he destroyed the Jews.

No. The flood was another natural disaster that the superstitious of the time believed it was sent from god because the priests of the time told them so. And they were Hebrews, not Jews. But again, those that drown in the deluge were unable to survive under all that water. so much for your man having "domination of the seas".

No, they can't. Stop being so fkn ridiculous. And I asked you "can stay under water without coming up for air longer than a whale or a dolphin, can you"? 
And that would be scuba divers using artificial breathing apparatus.  You are terrible at answering without thinking, aren't you.

Try answering they question. Are you saying that humans didn't evolve from apes and that humans in their natural state have always been naked?

After banishing Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden they were no longer protected. God then tried to protect humans from the prying eyes of angels. Bu5 even here god was unsuccessful.

So, then they were not in their natural state, were they, you clown.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
--> @Shila
-> @Shila

No. The flood was another natural disaster that the superstitious of the time believed it was sent from god because the priests of the time told them so. And they were Hebrews, not Jews. But again, those that drown in the deluge were unable to survive under all that water. so much for your man having "domination of the seas".
Obviously you don’t read your Bible. The flood covered even the mountain tops making survival impossible.

No, they can't. Stop being so fkn ridiculous. And I asked you "can stay under water without coming up for air longer than a whale or a dolphin, can you"? 
And that would be scuba divers using artificial breathing apparatus.  You are terrible at answering without thinking, aren't you.
Humans can stay longer out of water than sharks, therein lies the human advantage.

Try answering they question. Are you saying that humans didn't evolve from apes and that humans in their natural state have always been naked?
I don’t know your ancestors. Mine were certainly not Apes. But Darwin linked European ancestors to apes. So I can only assume you are of European stock.

After banishing Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden they were no longer protected. God then tried to protect humans from the prying eyes of angels. But even here god was unsuccessful.

So, then they were not in their natural state, were they, you clown.
Human bodies haven’t changed much. But we cover them out of modestly.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
It amazes me that the people here at the site think that a blind person wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a nonflame heat source and a flame heat source. Like somehow being blind dropped your IQ points.