Good for the goose, good for the goose-in-chief

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 55
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Wait... so you think that admitting to sexually harassing women is just "locker room talk" jesus christ man, I thought you had some decency. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Never been there, have you? like I said, it's mostly hot air. I use a different standard. That talk is r&r. Can the guy do the job he's hired to do, with the resources given to do it, and bring it in on time and under budget... I don't much care how he talks in r&r.  The fact is, seldom is talk a justifiable offense one can take to court. It approaches thought police tactics, and is that not a valid social concern?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Um... if you admit to doing it, then it is indeed legally responsive, and unless he can demonstrate that it was just "hot air" it is an assumption to say that it was. And yes, I have been in a locker room, and no people didn't randomly admit to sexually assaulting people. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Oops. You ignore a more basic legal concept than "legally responsive." It's called "due process." Look it up and understand all its ramifications. If you admit to it in court, then you have some standing. As it was, the van was not a courtroom, and from then, 2005, when the conversation was surreptitiously recorded, held until 2016 [statute of limitations?]. Trump's due process rights were violated.

By the way, why don't you look up CA's wiretapping statute, a two-party consent statute? Both parties in a recorded conversation must consent to the recording. Oops. Billy's van was in CA, headed to NBC Universal.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
Then give me evidence of both, I was only discussing Trump - what is the evidence that both have committed sexual assualt 
One woman came out claiming Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her. 3 women came out for Cuomo. So I’ll ask you again. Should Cuomo resign or be impeached Cbe cause that’s what Democrats demanded of Kavanaugh 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
Um... if you admit to doing it, then it is indeed legally responsive, and unless he can demonstrate that it was just "hot air" it is an assumption to say that it was. And yes, I have been in a locker room, and no people didn't randomly admit to sexually assaulting people. 
You’ve never had a conversation before with a guy that you wanna have sex with someone and you’d do it? Cmon man. It’s besides the point anyways. He specifically said they “let you do it,” implying consent, which makes sense for groupies
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
And when the people said that they didn't consent? Furthermore, I have talked to guys and girls that I find sexually attractive, that doesn't mean I want to f*ck them. Typically it's only people I'm attracted to personalities, but then I don't care much about sex.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
You can still enter the evidence, and even use it as hearsay. Which is used all the time.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
And when the people said that they didn't consent?
He didn’t go after them lol. That’s literally what happened with a woman he pursued and took furniture shopping and stuff.

Furthermore, I have talked to guys and girls that I find sexually attractive, that doesn't mean I want to f*ck them. Typically it's only people I'm attracted to personalities, but then I don't care much about sex.
Well guess what, it happens all the time among close friends and especially the military
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Yes, hearsay does get a hearing in court, at times. Doesn't mean it's a proper tactic, just poor practice of the law, including by judges.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
Hearsay is straw-manning another person's speech.

Or gaslighting if you prefer.

Written, Electronic or Video evidence is far more reliable than brain cell memory.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
Incorrect Greyparrot

"Hearsay is an out-of-court statement offered to prove the truth of whatever it asserts." [LINK]

Video evidence can indeed be hearsay

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
It is indeed a proper tactic, hence why some hearsay is allowed, and some is not - because some does not rise to the level of the evidentiary burden required to allow it in.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
@RatMan

Sexual harassment is a modernism, whereby sexual attraction is consider as inappropriate in certain circumstances..

Nonetheless, instinct is still the real norm, and being faithful to ones partner is an established but unrealistic social expectancy.  

The physiological truth is, that female sexuality, harasses males (or females depending on sexual preferences, lets be PC), that's the whole idea of display,  attraction and all those pheromones.

Alpha male + displaying female = basic, instinctive sensory overload.

Perhaps it really is best that women should be kept out of the workplace, and should stay at home, look after the children and cook the dinner...Only joking.

Or maybe it should be just as incumbent on women to keep their sexuality under wraps, and stop harassing alpha males.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
Yeah, queue it up. Most of those liberals were women, themselves.
If you have nothing to say in response why bother?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
You mean Joe Biden and Kamala Harris right? The latter which called to impeach Kavanaugh in 2018 but is silent on Cuomo. 
Neither Biden or Harris said that. But anyway, right on queue...
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@ILikePie5
but this convo is about Andrew Cuomo and the double standard of Democrats.
That’s absurd. Democrats up and down the board are either denouncing Cuomo or calling for his resignation, and the “biased left wing media” is talking about him frequently.

When was the last time you heard any republican denounce any fellow republican over sexual assault allegations? Trump has 26 accusers, how many hours of coverage did they get in total over on Fox or any of the new right wing propaganda networks? Now compare that tiny number to Cuomo’s and tell us about these double standards.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Double_R
If you have nothing to say in response why bother?
Being the 48th post of this topic, including my original #1 to launch this topic, I own over 25% of them. Nothing to say? None so blind as those who will not see.
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
You're blocked for a reason. Stop using biology as an excuse. You know what is actually involuntary and biological? The PTSD and other hormonal alterations in the brain of the victim of such harassment. They feel genuine deep fear walking into work every day. 

Real alpha males don't sexually harass women. Those are mutations of what an alpha male is. Real alpha males beat the shit out of such people and protect the weak in their tribe/clan. That's what the real alpha male is in original human caveman hierarchy. Alpha males prey on predators, those lower down prey on others.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan.

Caveman hierarchy (alpha male), just like other examples of species hierarchy, was all about who got to pass on their genes (who got the ladies)....Going to work every day is a hunter gathering  contrivance, and deep fear was a necessary caveperson  survival mechanism.

And OOOh I've just been sexually harassed is a derived kick in the balls....But nowadays, a much more powerful social weapon.

And if you are afraid of the facts (PC), and do not wish to discuss them, then ignore me.

Blocking is a nonsense, if you cannot ignore.

7 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Wrong. Alpha males protected their pride/pack/tribe from threats both internal and external. It was the alpha male who often friendzoned others and he'd tend to mate primarily only with the alpha female. Promiscuous members tended to be those lower down the food chain who were insecure in their genes lasting and ability to protect their young.

Many females would at times want the alpha male and vice versa with the alpha female but neither would overindulge because they had standards and loyalty. What you are describing is merely a very sexually active Delta male in the hierarchy. Delta males are those that get along with many and easily can get laid a lot by lower ranking females (vice versa is true for delta females). They tend to care very little about who spread the seed more.
thett3
thett3
It’s messed up that he’s going to go down for sexual harassment charges instead of his disastrous policies that killed thousands of nursing home patients, and disabled people on group homes. America needs to get its priorities straight 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@RatMan

What you are describing is human conceptualism, and  variously attributing derived ideas thereof.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
He... word for word, said, he would grab females by their genitals, that is literally textbook sexual assault - though its funny how predictable your response is.
He also said word for word that they let him. It's funny to even argue the premise of the locker room talk since almost all procreation involves a woman letting a man assault their pussy.