Why are we banning wylted?

Author: Lunatic ,

Total: 230
Lemming
Debates: 2
Lemming
--> @Wylted
Interesting way to look at it, an online death.

I'd disagree that you can't control how you're remembered.
As in our personal lives, we have a 'measure of control, I'd argue, though circumstance in winds can blow, overcoming our intents.

I think it's nice when our internal compasses match outward moral compasses, but. . .
"Is one who simply sides with tenacious opinions a gentleman? Or is he merely putting on a dignified appearance?" - Mencius

I 'do think there is value in appearances, more than I'd like really, but that's the nature of reality, what with humans being social interacting animals,
What with humans having to each individually and by groups perceive others.
Setting an example for community or family, 'requires that they realize my actions.
"Virtue is its own reward."  -Cicero
Is a fine saying, especially for the individual, be he by himself or in a group.
But appearances 'can have an effect on others.

'Sounds,
Unfortunate about your childhood, though it sounds selfless of you, speaks of love for your siblings.
Unfortunate your wife lied, that you lied, and her family was deceived to see you as the bad guy.

"I don't value anyone's opinion who is not privy to is what actually happened." - Wylted
And yet you give an account of what happened 'to others?

I'd agree that times can come, where it's better to just cut losses, say to others think what you want, I've expended enough time defending myself.
Still, different people find value, differently.
'Does sound good to do good, even if one isn't perceived as good.
Though I see others knowing 'truth, as a type of good as well, thus 'offering what one sees as truth of a situation, seems good to me.
Wylted
Debates: 26
Wylted
--> @Lemming
I'd disagree that you can't control how you're remembered.
As in our personal lives, we have a 'measure of control,
That's called influence, not control.

Setting an example for community or family, 'requires that they realize my actions.
Who are you, that you think you are worthy of emulation? Jesus set the example. If people want to look at me for inspiration or as an example, I'll tell them to fuck off, and look to Jesus instead.

Though I see others knowing 'truth, as a type of good as well, thus 'offering what one sees as truth of a situation, seems good to me.

Good for you. Be honest, but not because it is good for your reputation.  It usually isn't.  That's because we are all human and make mistakes in complicated situations. Not to mention the fog of war will make perfect actions seem insane to future historians or to armchair quarterbacks.  
Lemming
Lemming
--> @Wylted
The difference between influence and control, can be negligible at times, I'd say.

I'm a part of the environment of others.
If a drunkard father who beats his children, statistics show this to have an effect on the kids choices.
I'd an elder brother who smokes, it points the younger siblings in the direction of an idea of tobacco being okay.
If a coworker does the bare minimum and ignores regulation, it influences their coworkers to laze and cut corners as well.
. . .
A person does not need to be Jesus for their example to matter.

Wylted
Debates: 26
Wylted
--> @Lemming
You said the difference between influence and control can be negligible and then preceded to share a link that goes into how control is an illusion. So I guess thanks for sharing a link that we already determined I agree with. 

An abusive parents does not so much set a bad example for their children as much as they actually cause trauma and the maladaptive behavior stemming from the "rewiring" of the brain caused by trauma. 

'D say if you feel like looking up to your coworkers as an example, please refrain and look to Jesus. If you find yourself being an example to somebody and they start to emulate you, just explain to them you are trying your best to emulate Jesus, and that they should ignore your example and look to the bible for a better one. 
Lemming
Lemming
--> @Wylted
Eh, I'd disagree that the link 'proved or 'disproved what I said,
Though it did 'comment on our discussion some.
It's just a video that came to my mind during the conversation.

People having a habit of taking after habits of those they interact with on a regular basis, is just human nature, 'I think.
Undeniably so to my point of view, though it appears you have a different take.
'Lot of people in the military have ended up smoking, drinking, cussing, getting tattoos,
'Because they saw others in their 'group doing it.
Humans want to fit in, be like everyone else.
Peer pressure, can be good, can be bad.
But it's 'there.
. . .
Someone litters next to a sidewalk, another person figures it's already dirty, doesn't matter to litter it some more, and the trash heap just grows.
Many situations in life, say a person needs help, often 'No One will do anything, until 'Someone else 'does something, then it's a flurry of activity, with people coming forward to help.
Leaders are better liked in life I'd say, when they lead by positive example.

Eh, some of my coworkers in life have been awesome people, 'worthy of emulation in some aspects of their life.
In their concern for others, work ethic, views on handling life.
If 'I do something that inspires another, I don't mind that, means I'm doing well in life I figure, maybe helps them out as well.