Why are we banning wylted?

Author: Lunatic

Total: 302
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
A line of what should be tolerated as trolling that is freedom of speech. Even in America, a place with relative free speech, you can't just shout in a movie theatre, "i have a gun and am gonna shoot you!"
Agreed, but wylted never did anything like that, so what is your point?

In Wylted's case, he was trolling, but to what extent should be tolerated? I obviously lean to more lighter versions of this, but do you feel he crossed a line by blackfacing, saying the n-word, etc. You have to draw a line somewhere. The issue is that the moderation team is hazy with this line and I feel there should be initiative with it. I could do the same thing I did with RO's where I lead a reform of some sort, but I know Chris and Pie are working on something

Like I said, I think lassiez-fair, but a clear line should be drawn
Filter should prevent usage of the n word.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
A line of what should be tolerated as trolling that is freedom of speech. Even in America, a place with relative free speech, you can't just shout in a movie theatre, "i have a gun and am gonna shoot you!"
Agreed, but wylted never did anything like that, so what is your point?
The thing is you can argue he did. You could argue a lot of the things he did were that way. Targeting Speed in mafia because of race, the whole use of n-word, and other scenarios, and even this thread you can argue (granted I disagree). 

The point is that we are agreeing that Wylted was being an asshole. We also agree he shouldn't be permanently banned. I'm going to argue stuff he did warranted a ban, idk wha your stance is about the stuff he's done in the past, but I think a ban should've happened

In Wylted's case, he was trolling, but to what extent should be tolerated? I obviously lean to more lighter versions of this, but do you feel he crossed a line by blackfacing, saying the n-word, etc. You have to draw a line somewhere. The issue is that the moderation team is hazy with this line and I feel there should be initiative with it. I could do the same thing I did with RO's where I lead a reform of some sort, but I know Chris and Pie are working on something

Like I said, I think lassiez-fair, but a clear line should be drawn
Filter should prevent usage of the n word.

That's a site issue that you should ask Mike about.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
The thing is you can argue he did. You could argue a lot of the things he did were that way. Targeting Speed in mafia because of race, the whole use of n-word, and other scenarios, and even this thread you can argue (granted I disagree). 

The point is that we are agreeing that Wylted was being an asshole. We also agree he shouldn't be permanently banned. I'm going to argue stuff he did warranted a ban, idk wha your stance is about the stuff he's done in the past, but I think a ban should've happened

No, I dis-agree that being racist towards speed is the same as threating people's life with a gun. 

That's a site issue that you should ask Mike about.
Well I am pretty sure it does. Nigger.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Holy crap, it didn't block the word wtf I was wrong
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@DebateArt.com
The n word should be blocked lol
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I support the ban on Wylted and Lunatic's behaviour in this thread is only highlighting the issue. Once we think a user should be free to use racial slurs and that anyone who is offended is a sissy, that users can be encouraging low age of consent, transphobia, homophobia and much more shit along those lines (as well as threatening vague powrful officials) and that it all is 'forgiven' because he comes back on an alt account and pretends to be a homosexual Marxist... It's a sign this website's culture is beyond repair, drastically so.

Wylted even bullied me quite often earlier on in his site's usage, he only stopped because I got the mods involved. He compared me to Elliot Rodgers and made a lot of really nasty remarks to me and other users, both on-site and on Discord. I don't like him and frankly I think he's just playing a game here seeing how many he can fool into letting him back, defending him only to humiliate even those who stood by him by the way he carries himself.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Wylted, banned or not, is generally a bad person subjectively or objectively. Consider on one of his Alts, Singularity, he literally tried to pretend that he is a 13 year old girl to "flirt" with me, that couldn't be a good sign. Not to mention, having alts at all when banned is nothing good at all. 

Sure, Wylted might have SOME skill in debating, but in all likelyhood, if Bringerofrain's opinion on deleting topics is enforced, then many of his serious topics would be long gone before he could even win any.

coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@David
Can you provide more info on this:

Repeatedly glorifying sexual abuse towards minors, and most disturbingly,
Portraying himself as a 13-year-old-girl towards a 14-year-old boy

As an irrelevant and outdated member (and energy source), I am often far outsider the loop of the happenings here. 

But if the above is true, it is deeply troubling. 

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
The whole idea of creating alts is a useless mind game. Who's fooling whom but one's self? Isn't it a bit like trying to build a house of cards, each card = an alt, but removing the stability of a questionable foundation by having to remove cards by ban, thus increasing the difficulty of keeping it all supported?
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
Or, is it not true that only ethically-challenged tightrope-walking members  use alts?
coal
coal
-->
@Intelligence_06
Singularity, he literally tried to pretend that he is a 13 year old girl to "flirt" with me, that couldn't be a good sign. 
What exactly happened there?

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
@MisterChris
@Intelligence_06
Also, on his latest alt, on top of all the shit he usually does racially (this time veiled behind fake friendliness and curiosity) he pretended to be disabled. He presented his case under a pro-incel-subculture thread where he essentially discusses the theory behind eugenics. If not only disability factored in but race too (which he's implied both on that alt in other threads and his other accounts), you can suddenly see how utterly disgusting and immoral he was being even on his latest alt.

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
So... ableist, racist, perhaps homophobic, and upholds pedophilia.... quite the resume that is
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@coal
I believe it is a thread regarding that 13 year olds should have consent. Then I commented there(I was still User_2006) and he made sexual comments regarding me.

I reported the issue to Ragnar and that got him banned.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
True story: 

Once upon a time, Virt (David) and Wylted met at a Chick-Fil-A. The two exchanged random, awkward small talk for a while before Virt burst out “that bsh1 is a hell of a debater!” To which Wylted replied “Bsh1 is a piece of shit.” 

The two then finished their sandwiches in awkward silence and then left  
David
Debates: 92
David
-->
@thett3
Can confirm, was there. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
Singularity, he literally tried to pretend that he is a 13 year old girl to "flirt" with me, that couldn't be a good sign. 
What exactly happened there?

The whole thing was completely taken out of context and spun to sound a lot worse than it was. I posted the link and David immediately deleted it lol
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@David
I know it's not a popular opinion, but Wylted's mental instabilities and potentially criminal speech under current laws presented an unfair risk of legal liability to the site with some of his conversations, so I think the ban was justified only because of the realities of liability today. Otherwise, he should have been free to carry on.
coal
coal
-->
@Lunatic
The whole thing was completely taken out of context and spun to sound a lot worse than it was. I posted the link and David immediately deleted it lol
Can you PM me the link?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@coal
I can but david deleted it

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lunatic
I think we have drastically different takes on, "spinning it out of proportion". I think that one act more than warranted a ban, and with everything else, a permaban makes the most sense. Deliberately deceptive is the absolute best you could label Wylted as.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
#FreeWylted
coal
coal
-->
@Theweakeredge
I think we have drastically different takes on, "spinning it out of proportion". I think that one act more than warranted a ban, and with everything else, a permaban makes the most sense. Deliberately deceptive is the absolute best you could label Wylted as.

I would prefer to just see the underlying facts and form my own conclusion, but as Lunatic correctly states the thread at issue has since been deleted.   However, the PMs I would prefer to see screenshots of.  

That being said, because I only have hearsay accounts I am unable to form an opinion.  It seems like there are some strongly held opinions that may have some level of underlying factual support.  But the facts are really all I care about, and they're beyond my reach. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Theweakeredge
Why is being honest about who you are a requirement? 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lunatic
Being honest about who you are isn't the problem - it's the "pretending to be a 13-year-old girl and flirting with a 14-year-old boy" thing that's a problem - especially if Wylted is an adult
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Theweakeredge
Being honest about who you are isn't the problem - it's the "pretending to be a 13-year-old girl and flirting with a 14-year-old boy" thing that's a problem - especially if Wylted is an adult
Did you actually see the thread? It was obvious it was a joke, also the kid didn't say what his age was until after wylted said that, in which after he said he was 14 wylted didn't continue with it. That said, if you read that thread and honestly thought the OP was 13 you are pretty dense. It's cringe trolling, but it's harmless unless you are easily triggered.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lunatic
i did read the thread, thats what I was referencing after all  - and he affirmed the flirting after User had confirmed that he was 14 - I'm sorry that's not a joke -thats a serious transgression
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Theweakeredge
i did read the thread, thats what I was referencing after all  - and he affirmed the flirting after User had confirmed that he was 14 - I'm sorry that's not a joke -thats a serious transgression
What do you mean "affirmed" it? I have the screenshots lol.

It's not a serious transgression because he was assuming the person he made the joke towards was an adult, hence the part where he said he was trying to "chris hansen" his @ss. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lunatic
"Assuming" uhuh - it seems to me more like your trying to explain away pedophiliac behavior to me - furthermore - you have completely ignored the entire - being ableist and homophobic... like you just latch on to the one thing you might have a point on and ignore everything else
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic

Is this similar to why wylted was banned?