Author: janesix

Total: 66
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
You have not shown that Jews were chosen because of race. 

Israelites  are of Israel, you clown. This made them a race .
Jews or the word "Jew" is quite unlike the word "Christian" because it has a unique quality of defining a national Identity. Christianity in contrast is neither cultural or racial.  Judaism has evolved by way of firm attachment and inherent birthright which although seemingly has its roots in Canaan has it's patriarchal origin in Mesopotamia. 

So as much as you try to deny these racial verses from your gos, they are there to be observed in all their racial glory.

You make the mistake of many who failed to research the origins of this "religion".
 Oh, and there is no mention of Christians in the Old Testament, nor Jesus the Christ.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@ethang5
I would say that it is the view of someone who views history as a human affair and not as a chess game played by gods.

When Cyrus allowed the Jews to return to Judah to end the Babylonian exile it was as a vassal state with no more royal family as it had been before.  It was run as a Persian satrapy under Persian appointed governors such as Zerubbabel and Seshbazaar.  Alexander the great defeated the Persians in 333BCE and the Jews fell under into Greek hands, becoming part of the Seleucid empire around 220 BCE. 
The Maccabean revolt against the greek rulers led to a period of Jewish independence between c. 150 BCE and 55 BCE which was ended by Roman occupation which was on-going in Jesus' day.

Thus the Jews had become accustomed to foreign domination.  Mainstream Judaism remained militant, but Christianity offered a pacifist, quietist alternative.   That required the re-invention of God - no longer a god of war but now a god of humility.

Now I don't mind (much!) if anyone prefers to think that god changed his mind, or it's what God planned all along.  But I do mind when it is asserted or implied that I don't know what I'm talking about. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
I think it is anachronistic to describe ancient Judaism as racist.   The conflicts between tribes was not based on irrational race hatred but on the desire for land and power.   In those days it was believe the gods intervened very directly in the affairs or men, and winning or losing a battle depended more on one's relations with your tribe's deity than on tactics or strategy.

It must be understood that YHWH was the Hebrew's god and the Amelekites (e.g.) had a different god that looked at their interests only.  YHWH didn't hate non-Hebrews - he had no feelings forthem at all.   If YHWH was pleased with the Hebrew they would win their battle, if he was displeased with them the Hebrew would lose, whoever they were fighting.  But that isn't only applicable to YHWH and the Hebrews - it is how the relationship between men and gods was believed to be right across the ancent middle east.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
Why would you expect God to have treated a bronze age herder the way He treats you?
Because we are all humans.

A good analogy is a parent and child. My father could be said to be a different person if we judge only by how he treated me when I was 6 and when I was 37. But my Father was the same person. I was the one changing.
So what you're saying is God treated grown men back then like 6 year olds, telling them to take an eye for eye, a tooth for a tooth, stone to death those who might work on a Sunday? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Lol
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Israelites  are of Israel, you clown. This made them a race .
No one has said they aren't a race genius, they being a race does not mean God chose them due to race. Think a little.
ethang5
ethang5
I would say that it is the view of someone who views history as a human affair and not as a chess game played by gods
You would. But it really is the view of an anti-theist substituting his agenda as fact. Your biased opinion is not fact, no matter how much you believe it, or how important it is to your agenda.

But I do mind when it is asserted or implied that I don't know what I'm talking about.  
Oh, you know. Unlike Stephen or Goldy, you aren't confused at all. You are a willing, deliberate, and conscious enemy of Christ. You know what you are talking about, but that doesn't make it true. You are fully aware of the dishonesty of the things you say.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
No one has said they aren't a race genius, they being a race does not mean God chose them due to race. Think a little.
So now you are backpedaling. You have now admitted they -  Israelites/Jews -  are a race and are gods chosen people above all other peoples/races. 

It is you who has to think... a lot!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
Why would you expect God to have treated a bronze age herder the way He treats you?

Pretty dishonest and silly. Even you do not treat all humans the same. Nor do you treat them the same at different ages. Some integrity would help you.

A good analogy is a parent and child. My father could be said to be a different person if we judge only by how he treated me when I was 6 and when I was 37. But my Father was the same person. I was the one changing.

So what you're saying is God treated grown men back then like 6 year olds,
An immature jerk might see it that way. But if you went back 6,000 years, it would be interesting to see you treat people back then as you treat them today. My guess is that you would not return.

...telling them to take an eye for eye, a tooth for a tooth, stone to death those who might work on a Sunday? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Lol
Yes. Our standard ought to be what "makes sense" to an ignorant anti-theist. You got us there.
ethang5
ethang5

So now you are backpedaling.

Only if back peddling means showing you to be a poor thinker. That Jews are a race was never in contention. The question was, did God choose them due to their race? He did not. You stupidly think because they are a race, that must be the reason they were chosen. 

You make this logical mistake for 2 reasons. First, you have a severe reading comprehension problem, and second, you are a very poor thinker.

You have now admitted they -  Israelites/Jews -  are a race..... 
I never denied that, so I could not now be "admitting" what I never denied. It's just your reading comprehension problem hobbling you again.

...and are gods chosen people above all other peoples/races. 
They are God's chosen, but God did not chose them because of their race as your fakery asserted. Remember, this is a no fakery zone.

It is you who has to think... a lot!
Actually no. Debunking you is easy. You can't even comprehend the logical error you're making here. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. But more fun.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
Pretty dishonest and silly.
It wasn't, but it wouldn't matter what I said even if you totally agreed with it, you would still respond that way. It's what you do.

An immature jerk might see it that way.
And of course, you'll start your sentences with insults, as usual.

But if you went back 6,000 years, it would be interesting to see you treat people back then as you treat them today. My guess is that you would not return.
An empty statement, vague and pointless, like most of your posts.

4000 BC, people were forming small cities of 10-50K, inventions like the pottery wheel and the domestication of horses. Writing and metal tools had yet to be invented. I would be famous if I went back there by simply introducing a few ideas, like the screw, the viaduct and the lathe. I could easily change all history. Is that what mean by not returning? Ha!
disgusted
disgusted
How could there have been different races if everybody was descended from A&E, just more bible fantasy.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@janesix
More than you can imagine, she exists in perpetual agonising loneliness.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
Eve is God, it was symbolic, you're still missing the point. Adam is mankind. Do you get it yet? God is Satan, God was her own dildo-snake and made Adam her cuck and he 'swallowed' and enjoyed it and she said fuck you and said fuck women too.

There's no beauty to it, no moral behind it. God was in a bitter mood and she can do as she pleases.
disgusted
disgusted

Do you get it yet?
@mad
Oh yeah! You're completely insane.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Goldtop
 I would be famous if I went back there by simply introducing a few ideas, like the screw, the viaduct and the lathe.
Well, then you would be seen as god to the literate backward peoples of the time. As were the Lords of Mesopotamia,

The ancient Mesopotamians were the first known to use many things we now consider essential. Here are just a few examples:

• Writing: The Sumerians developed one of the earliest writing systems in about 3,200 B.C. Although writing began as pictures, it quickly developed into a series of signs comprised of wedges and called “cuneiform” after the Latin word for wedge. Cuneiform was written using a reed or wooden stylus pressed onto the surface of a clay tablet. The earliest tablets are administrative records. However, cuneiform was soon used to record literary texts, such as the “Epic of Gilgamesh,” as well as for writings on other topics such as mathematics, astronomy, and medicine. Writing greatly facilitated the accumulation and transmission of knowledge between distant peoples and generations.
  • Mathematics: Symbols for numbers were among the signs on the earliest written documents. The Mesopotamians were sophisticated mathematicians and were the first to develop the idea of place value based on a number’s position in a sequence.
  • Time: The Mesopotamians were the first to divide time units into 60 parts. This concept lead to our 60-second minute and 60-minute hour.
  • Urban civilization: One of the world’s earliest cities was Uruk, which by the year 3,000 B.C. had an estimated population of 50,000. People living in cities developed specialized trades, such as metalsmithing and such professions as scribes.
  • The wheel: The ancient Mesopotamians were using the wheel by about 3,500 B.C. They used the potter’s wheel to throw pots and wheels on carts to transport both people and goods. This invention had an impact on ceramic technology, trade, and warfare in the early city-states.
  • The sail: The Mesopotamians made sails to harness the wind to move boats, and eventually sailed and traded as far away as what is now India.
  • Astronomy and astrology: From a very early time, the Mesopotamians had charted the movements across the sky of the sun, moon, planets and stars. They were able to predict celestial events, such as eclipses, using that knowledge. They also divided the night sky into 12 sections and named them for nearby constellations, the names of which come down to us through Greek and later Latin translations as the Zodiac.

There is an interesting display of Ancient Mesopotamian (Sumerian) artifacts in the Ashmolean Museum with an essay that states:

"many firsts" appeared so sudden in ancient Mesopotamia it was as if  they had simply dropped here from another planet"

Indeed!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
Pretty dishonest and silly.

It wasn't, but it wouldn't matter what I said even if you totally agreed with it, you would still respond that way. It's what you do.
Right. Don't address the point. You do not treat all people the same, but you dishonestly expect God to do so.

An immature jerk might see it that way.

And of course, you'll start your sentences with insults, as usual.
Right. Don't address the point. You treat the analogy as if you are 8 years old, but bristle at the reply. If you think the analogy meant God should treat people like 6 year olds, you would be an immature jerk. Wait, do you think that way?

But if you went back 6,000 years, it would be interesting to see you treat people back then as you treat them today. My guess is that you would not return.

An empty statement, vague and pointless, like most of your posts.
Right. Don't address the point. Would you treat people from 6,000 years ago the same as today?

Should I start to post the points in italics so that it's easier for you to dodge them? Lord help if you should address a point by accident.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
Right. Don't address the point.
Already did.

If you think the analogy meant God should treat people like 6 year olds, you would be an immature jerk.
Its your failed analogy, so jerk away.

Lord help if you should address a point by accident.
Lord help you with your failed reading comprehension skills and failed analogies.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Stephen
Well, then you would be seen as god to the literate backward peoples of the time. As were the Lords of Mesopotamia,
Exactly, but notice Ethans ridiculous analogy of a 6 year old being treated by a parent? This is his failed level of understanding humans.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
Well, then you would be seen as god to the literate backward peoples of the time. As were the Lords of Mesopotamia

Exactly
But he'd treat those "illiterate backwards" people like he'd treat 21st century people who see him not as God, but as a anti-theist moron. Yeah, that makes sense.

Goldtop and Stephen. A logic free zone.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
he'd treat 21st century people who see him not as God, but as a anti-theist moron.
Poor Ethan, his understanding of humans is only equal to his understanding of the world around him; nonexistent.

ethang5
ethang5

Only that some of us humans are "illiterate and backwards" who would treat you like a God.

Lol. What a thinker.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5

Only that some of us humans are "illiterate and backwards"
The Gentle Reader understands that completely but isn't confident that someday you'll educate yourself.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Goldtop
The "Gentle Readers" think you're a troll.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Goldtop
Poor Ethan, his understanding of humans is only equal to his understanding of the world around him; nonexistent.

His understanding of his own scriptures are just as dire.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
You couldn't even come up with anything better than, "I know you are but what am I?" Not surprising.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Stephen
His understanding of his own scriptures are just as dire.
Idk, one time Ethan made a thread in which he compared goat herders of that time to the very best scientific minds of today using Scriptures. He argued that Scriptures showed the latest scientific discoveries about our universe were already well known back then.

What a hoot that was.

ethang5
ethang5
It isn't me who made people think you're a troll. It was your behavior. No mention of old post changes that.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5

ethang5
ethang5
Pettiness may look good on your bitterness. But I don't click the links of trolls. Thanks anyway.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@ethang5
We don't have to. We aren't God. God is not us. It is impossible for our emotions to be the same. One only needs to think a little.
At least, Stephen put up a number of verses from the Bible, you know, that book you have yet to read? All you offer is flapping gums.

Tell us all why it's impossible for our emotions to be the same as God? Do the thinking for us for a change and let's see how you manage that?