Oro (2/5) - Lunatic, Whiteflame
Lunatic (1/5) - Greyparrot
Whiteflame (1/5) - Chris

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
 If he were to not claim, suspicion is drawn to him and he becomes sus'd out.
honestly, i don't think grey's claim means anything. he claims first thing always no matter if he's scum or town, i feel like grey probably has something up his sleeve if he just straight up claims protective role. if he doesn't then he kinda threw town.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
You have yet to explain how bad plays = scum. Plenty of people play badly. Also I'm fairly certain he's claimed before in one of my games as BP

I've said this many times dude. Scum have been given a fake claim. SCUM Grey could insta claim whatever it is and rely on the "he claimed so he's town!" excuse all day ez. 

Now, at this point I'd rather focus on Whiteflame and others but depending how long he survives my suspicion may grow once more. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@WaterPhoenix
No. When he doesn't claim he's 100% scum MOST times. Still, he did not state his role, only that is was protective.
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Again, you can not analyze behavior by meta. This is Grey's meta. I don't care that it is a bad meta. A bad meta =/= scum. Drafterman believes VTNLing is stupid. I think that's fucking dumb, but that doesn't make me scum read him. Same with Grey's case. Breaking a meta is more scummy than sticking with the meta. How come you didn't yell at him when he claimed cop. Even so, why are you so mad? He might have a self protect as well. He didn't say his role, but it's function (protective). 

In mafia, yes there are metas to play by that are good. However some people have bad metas they play by. When you lynch them over and over again and they are town despite bad meta, at some point you will see there meta as town. I honestly haven't been a game where Grey claimed first and was scum. Mafia is also about analyzing patterns and keeping consistent to these patterns. Deviating from a pattern could be a scum tell. I personally don't play by a pattern for that reason. I play the way I feel like playing no matter what.

Yes, Grey's meta is bad. But him not claiming and going against his meta would scum read. If you weren't essentially role confirmed, I'd be sus'ing you as 3P, because I know you've played in games where Grey has claimed a PR early and you have not had this reaction at all

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
I don't think Oro is scummy for VTNLing, scum wants lynches
So does town. How do you suggest town win? Praying on results? People keep refusing to answer this. 
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@MisterChris
You've been scum before, you know this isn't how it works. There is little risk to scum to mislynch early game, and I don't think Oromagi's pushed for a VTNL so early in a game as scum before. It doesn't implicate you much at all as scum to hop on a wagon a townie starts if you can justify why you hopped on, and if you initiate a mislynch based on technically false but sound reasoning the same principle applies... If any mislynch goes through, it was only because a plurality of town hopped on board with you and agreed with your reasoning enough to risk the mislynch.   
I disagree. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've seen scum try to move on quickly from DP1. I've also seen a great deal of wagons form on the basis that a person was on a previous lynch, though sound reasoning or hopping on someone else's wagon can provide cover. I don't see this the same way as you, but I respect your opinion on it.

I've never met a scum player that was so reserved as to not stick DP1 out and seek for a mislynch. We've not even gotten close to a point to where the scum team would want to give up on it, and even if Oro did want a VTNL as scum, I doubt his scum partner would agree...
I'd have to go back to previous games, but I can recall at least a couple of occasions where scum initiated a VTNL. They may not have happened this early, and that may have been at least partially the result of not seeing a path to a lynch, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility. More importantly, though, I'm not arguing that his VTNL is reason enough by itself. I'm arguing that his reason for pursuing the VTNL, which was founded in giving everyone an opportunity to speak up before doing so, wasn't fulfilled.

On another note, your statements here are reminding me of the sort of fluff logic scum use to justify mislynches and see if wagons catch on. 
Not sure what statements you find so fluffy, but this is far from the first time that an effort to push for a lynch in DP1 was based on little. I'm more than willing to admit that it's not a lot to go on, but it's also the only thing in this DP that has stood out to me so far. More than happy to change my mind should I see something change.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@oromagi
You obviously don't know me that well.  I make mistakes like that all the time  .
Perhaps so.

The more sus thing here is how you are injecting feeling and motivation without warrant. 
More like poor wording. I admit that my first post was more meant to elicit a response, whereas my prior response to you clarified my meaning. I've pointed out what I find odd and false. Dismissive may have input some intent into the equation, and I can understand how you might find that problematic.

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
So does town. How do you suggest town win? Praying on results? People keep refusing to answer this. 
I'm just saying wanting to VTNL =/= scum, that has nothing to do with whether VTNLing is smart or not
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
"protective role" means only one of a few things and no matter what, it's extremely bad for town.

What the hell is this supposed to mean?
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Vader
no but that reasoning makes no sense. if scum gp knows that you guys know this then he'll obvioiusly fake claim right
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
This town is absolutely retarded.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
I'm just saying wanting to VTNL =/= scum, that has nothing to do with whether VTNLing is smart or not
Town should have a genuine interest in solving the game; VTNL when there's been little activity, and not answering questions for how you expect the game to be solved demosntrates that you do not want to solve the game. I am led to believe that oro already has all the information about the game he needs, as scum. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
This town is absolutely retarded.
Thanks for the fantastic contribution. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I have yet to see a convincing reason we shouldn't be lynching oro today. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
Thanks for the fantastic contribution. 

Not my fault town chooses not to pressure you.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
Not my fault town chooses not to pressure you.
Maybe make a better case then "vtl luna"
Lunatic
Lunatic
We still have plenty of time to lynch oro mates. 
Earth
Earth
I don't FOS Oro for wanting to VTNL. I think it was just a poor play coming from a townie. I would probably vote for him to lynch, but I wouldn't push for his lynch today if I can help it. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Town should have a genuine interest in solving the game; VTNL when there's been little activity, and not answering questions for how you expect the game to be solved demosntrates that you do not want to solve the game. I am led to believe that oro already has all the information about the game he needs, as scum. 
You say this every game and its never true
Speedrace
Speedrace
VTL Lunatic

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Vote Count:

Lunatic (2/5) - Greyparrot, Speed
Whiteflame (1/5) - Chris
Chris (1/5) - Water

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
About 9 hours remaining
MisterChris
MisterChris
I'm disliking Lunatic's tunnel on Oro, and I'm wondering about a WF - Lunatic scum team. He's making a big jump based on so little, and while I of course agree that TOWN should want a lynch this DP, Lunatic fully ignores that SCUM want a mislynch and certainly wouldn't throw the towel for the DP yet. At worst, this makes Oro's case a FoS, not a lynch. His insistence upon it strikes me as a SCUM player who wants to double whammy: get the mislynch, and get the mislynch by lynching the person who wanted to VTNL. 

Since no one is helping me pressure WF, 

UNVOTE

VTL Lunatic. 

I await Lunatic's inevitable WIFOM in response.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Earth
@WaterPhoenix
See above. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
Thoughts on above?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Vote Count:

Lunatic (3/5) - Greyparrot, Speed, Chris
Chris (1/5) - Water

Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
I'm null on Lunatic. I don't like his tunneling on oro either but also it is something I see him do as town.

I don't have a solid read yet or even a gut read
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
IMO a better lynch than Oro. I'd hop on if I were you, before time goes up. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@MisterChris
Sure. Don't normally do this usually but I do have some sus on Luna

VTL Lunatic