What causes politics?

Author: thett3

Total: 227
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Politics is the natural result of people within a society having different opinions on how that society should function.
In other words, political bickering is the inevitable result of Diversity.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Not my message, but if that’s how you see things...
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
I see politicians trading money and favors to get what they want. I also see politicians attacking other politicians by assassinating their characters destroying them financially or even having them assassinated if those politicians don't go along with what they want. That's all I see. Don't quite know what you see. Your definition of politics is in no way based in any kind of reality. What if anything are politicians doing that is benefitting society and not the govt they work within and for?

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
My definition of politics can be found by googling “politics definition”

Yes I get that you see corrupt politicians everywhere, because that’s what gets clicks and makes headlines. Do you really think that’s all there is? If I go to social media and all I see are bad cops shooting black people, can I conclude  that all cops are driven by racism?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
"Do you really think that’s all there is?" Yes, that is all I see.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
Which politicians are doing what's in the best interest of society and the people? I cant think of one. I here lip service but no action, just corrupt business as usual. Ripping the taxpayers blind and deficit spending that is bankrupting the country into oblivion. I will laugh when the whole corrupt worthless govt comes crashing down like a hose made of cards. This country is fiscally and morally doomed to die. Politics is the art of getting people who want to do the right thing to do the wrong thing to enrich those who want to do the wrong thing at the expense and demise of everyone but them.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Which politicians are doing what's in the best interest of society and the people?
The ones who believe what they are saying, which in my view excludes most Republicans. But that is not corruption. Playing to your base with stupidity and misinformation is slimy, but that’s not corruption. Unfortunately however many probably believe their own BS.

Ripping the taxpayers blind and deficit spending that is bankrupting the country into oblivion.
That’s not their fault, it’s ours. We (collectively) are the idiots who won’t allow our representatives to do anything positive if it makes the other side look good. We are the idiots who pay more attention to a sex scandal than a hearing on nuclear security. We are the idiots who know nothing about what bills our representatives sponsored but know everything about what they have said on Twitter. In a recent poll over 50% of rural voters think republicans are responsible for the last round of COVID payments... you know, the ones not a single republican voted for.

Politicians are doing what all employees do, focusing on the priorities their boss focuses on so they can keep their jobs. Put the blame where it belongs.

I will laugh when the whole corrupt worthless govt comes crashing down like a hose made of cards. 
No, you won’t. Show me one example of a successful functioning society in the aftermath of its own government collapsing.

This is a monumentally stupid sentiment, but yet it is made readily by people here in one of, if not, the wealthiest nation on earth. Worthless government? Have you ever left the country? Spend a week in the Dominican Republic or Ethiopia and come back and tell me all about how worthless the US government is.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
"The ones who believe what they are saying," Pathological liars believe what they say.

"That’s not their fault, it’s ours." It is the responsibility of congress to set a budget  and allocate spending. It is 100% congresses fault. 

No, you won’t.  Laugh. Yes I will laugh while society canalizes it self. Never said it was a successful fiscal plan. This country and everyone in it deserve what's  coming. Politics will be 100% responsible for it too.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Pathological liars believe what they say.
That’s not corruption

It is the responsibility of congress to set a budget and allocate spending. It is 100% congresses fault.
And congress does what we the voters will allow. Unfortunately in today’s climate, the answer is nothing. Every 2 years members of congress get swapped out for “outsiders” who are going to fix Washington, yet here we are decades later. The problem is not the people in Washington, it’s the people sending those people there.

Yes I will laugh while society canalizes it self.
Aside what what an asshole that makes you... do you really think your life will improve while society collapses?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
Aside what what an asshole that makes you... do you really think your life will improve while society collapses?
Mine already has. I have made a ton of money in the last year taking unemployment money and investing it in hedge funds and crypto knowing the USA has royally and permanently fucked itself with the past 4 years of Orangemanbad and the absolute destruction of the USA economy just to save CDC and WHO assets. What the government did to kids and the middle class with the needless lockdowns was criminal, but inevitable since half the country was retarded enough to trust the government with the fucked up Orangemanbad policies. Fauci getting on TV now to say "oops" isn't going to fix anything at this point.

I have my passport ready and an exit plan. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
This is how the Russians have already won the war.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Greyparrot
Mine already has.
Society hasn’t collapsed 

since half the country was retarded enough to trust the government with the fucked up Orangemanbad policies.
I find the “Orangemanbad” talking point to be one of the stupidest things coming from the right during the Trump era. It’s nothing more than intellectual laziness and an attempt to pretend all the baggage Trump brings with his brazen hypocrisy, idiocy, childishness, petulance, and malfeficence just aren’t there no matter how laughably obvious.

In this case, the Orangemanbad policies you are talking about are the ones being pushed by actual experts, not that this matters to trumpers since expertise is itself under attack by this “movement”. I mean why have someone who knows what they’re doing in charge? I guess the next time my car breaks down I’ll take it to a plumber.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
I have come to terms with the inevitable, what else is there to do but laugh at the absurd? You want me to cry? This country is morally and fiscally bankrupt. The printing of worthless money is only going to prolong the inevitable for so long. You can thank politics for all of what is about to happen in the near future. Yall better get used to the words "You are on your own" Aint no help coming.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite
You are right on the money. The USA ranks 18th in the world in intelligence. In 5 years, China will be the leading world power and the yuan will be the world currency. the USA will have 1000 percent inflation and because everyone has guns, 50 million will die in shootings (I just want to say since I spent a lot of time in Diego Garcia, I will be prepared fpr this). I am typing this so that researchers 500 years from now reviewing these posts will see that I predicted the future.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
Total net worth of the USA, 105 trillion, assuming you could get anyone to pay it as appraised at 105 trillion, Current debt of the USA, 24 Trillion. Current average rate  that the debt increases per year, 6 trillion.  In 13 years the debt of the nation will equal its entire net worth. Real bright future for you young ones.  But hey you want fee collage free everything. Good luck with that. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahah
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@sadolite
Uuuh - let's pretend the debt isn't caused by the concentration of wealth and capitalistic exploitation by America... yup, let's just pretend those aren't the direct cause of the debt. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Society hasn’t collapsed 
Societies are not global, regardless of the Orangemanbad policies you worship from unvetted "experts"

I have already learned the hedge game Soros plays fast and loose with. It's simple, you elect politicians that destroy the economy, and then you bet AGAINST America by shorting the market. You win, all the political retards listening to the experts lose.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Uuuh - let's pretend the debt isn't caused by the concentration of wealth and political exploitation by Washington DC politicians in America... yup, let's just pretend those aren't the direct cause of the debt. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Theweakeredge
OK lets pretend, I am now pretending.  The debt is still 24 trillion and the debt will consume the entire net worth of the nation in 13 years. Now what? maybe we can have meaningful political discussions about race and transgender issues and that will solve the problem. That seems to be the current solution in Washington DC.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
America dropped 3 ranks in ranked Economic freedom among nations in the past 2 years. I would strongly suggest making an exit plan.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
To where? Once the US collapses the whole world will collapse.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
No it won't.

just follow where the people with Capital go. Capital is borderless.

George Soros knows how to fleece a sheep.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
just follow where the people with Capital go. Capital is borderless.
True dat
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Theweakeredge
Uuuh - let's pretend the debt isn't caused by the concentration of wealth and capitalistic exploitation by America... yup, let's just pretend those aren't the direct cause of the debt
That’s not the direct cause of the national debt 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
"just follow where the people with Capital go." Uh economic collapse means wiping out accumulated wealth. What usually follows based on history is everyone is given a paltry some of money and those who own property keep it. What property owners do with that property is anyone's guess. Most of it will be liquidated for pennies on the dollar of its last value before the collapse. Those who base their wealth and capitol on non hard assets will be penniless.  This might work for a few hundred people. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@sadolite
I think you've missed the point a tad - stuff like universal healthcare isn't the cause of raising the debt, in fact, nations that have done that pay LESS for the same standard of healthcare. Because ya know, less monopolies and concentrations of wealth - which are indeed the direct cause of the debt rising.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@thett3
I'd disagree
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Theweakeredge
On what basis? The cause of the national debt is that the US has had a long period where outflows exceeded inflows. I don’t see how it’s obviously and directly due to capitalism 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
"just follow where the people with Capital go." Uh economic collapse means wiping out accumulated wealth. What usually follows based on history is everyone is given a paltry sum of money and those who own property keep it. What property owners do with that property is anyone's guess. Most of it will be liquidated for pennies on the dollar of its last value before the collapse. Those who base their wealth and capital on non-hard assets will be penniless.  This might work for a few hundred people. 
Exactly. If your assets are in real estate while America balkanizes itself into fractured nations, you are playing the game wrong.

Just do what the people of Capital do. Liquify and move on.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
Uuuh - let's pretend the debt isn't caused by the concentration of wealth and capitalistic exploitation by America... yup, let's just pretend those aren't the direct cause of the debt.

“The people paying most of the taxes are the reason we have debt”

This kind of thinking is very indicative of having never paid taxes, oneself