U.S. Intel Walks Back Claim Russians Put Bounties on American Troops

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 110
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Thank you for making my point. Since when was the popular vote the means by which a President is elected?
 I never said anything about the popular vote. While it is true trump lost by a huge margin in popular vote, he lost by a large margin in the electoral college.

Real history, by no less authority and credibility than the Constitution says another body politick elects the President: the Electoral College. By that college, President Trump's victory was a landslide over Hillary Clinton, popular vote be damned. 
lol you are aware that trump lost by almost the exact same margin in 2020 right? My statement was that trump lost by a large margin. You have just confirmed that margin is "a landslide". So all you have done is confirm 100% of what I just said, but somehow still think you are disagreeing with me. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you have any actual original ideas on how to make anything better? Or are you just wearing your hand out slapping your own back?
in reference to this specific topic, the correct thing would have been to take additional precautions with US troops while you have the agencies investigate the claims. But that doesn't really count as an "original" idea because literally anyone with half a brain would have done that. Trump is just an idiot. 

I'll predict the latter is true. Every time. We haven't had the Orangeman for 5 months, and yet everything is steadily going to shit.
how is anything "going to shit"? Vaccination is rolling out at a huge pace. The economy is starting to re-open. Covid relief actually got passed. A big infrastructure plan is actually going to pass. From where I am sitting, other than the things trump caused (like a treasonous attack on the government), most things have been getting better since trump got booted out of the whitehouse. 
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
 I never said anything about the popular vote. 
Let's review your post #33:

Is this like the "real history" where trump somehow won the election despite losing by a fairly large margin? 
Are you wanting us to believe you were not talking about the popular vote here, and then claim in your #61, referring to Trump:

he lost by a large margin in the electoral college.

So, according to your sock puppet, Trump won one election and lost the other. Care to clarify? The official, certified-by-Congress E.C. vote was 304 to 227. https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/2016, whereas, this National Archives record says nothing to popular vote, but Wiki [an unreliable source by its own admission] will tell you  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election

Come on; we're not idiots here. Try making a real attempt to be a history buff. This ain't it.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
 I never said anything about the popular vote. 
Let's review your post #33:

I said "where trump somehow won the election despite losing by a fairly large margin?". I'm guessing you think I meant this in reference to the 2016 election. But that isn't what I meant. I meant all the insane conspiracy theories where right wing loons insist trump somehow won the 2020 election, even though he lost by a wide margin. Both in the popular vote and in the electoral college. 

Is this like the "real history" where trump somehow won the election despite losing by a fairly large margin? 
Are you wanting us to believe you were not talking about the popular vote here, and then claim in your #61, referring to Trump:
I meant the electoral collage in 2020, as explained above.

Come on; we're not idiots here. Try making a real attempt to be a history buff. This ain't it.
I explained this above. I was not referring to the 2016 election. The electoral college is stupid and is badly in need of reform. But I meant that trump lost the 2020 election by alot (both electoral college and popular vote) and there are millions of idiots that insist he won. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Double_R
Trump then ignored it.
he was right
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Trump then ignored it.
he was right
how is that relevant? If you decided to play Russian roulette you are an idiot. Your being and idiot doesn't change whether you win or lose, you are an idiot for playing in the 1st place. 

Trump ignored intelligence that US troops were in danger. The intelligent course of action was to take precautions and investigate the intelligence. That is what any intelligent person would do. Ignoring it was stupid. He was gambling with American lives when there was no "winning". If he was right then america gains nothing. If he was wrong, then who knows how many americans could die. He was playing russian roulette while pointing the gun at someone else. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm guessing you think I meant this in reference to the 2016 election. But that isn't what I meant.
Then say what you mean. Including which election of which you speak.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
trump didnt ignore anything, he was right and didnt put any us troops in danger
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
trump didnt ignore anything, he was right and didnt put any us troops in danger
so your argument is that Trump didn't ignore anything.... but that he was right to ignore it....

You can't even decide which line of bullshit you are spreading. Which is it? Did he ignore it and you think he was right, or did he act on it?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Then say what you mean. Including which election of which you speak.
Fair enough. The right lies so often and with such vehemence on pretty much every topic that when I am not 100% clear which lies and bullshit I am referring to, there is simply no way to know which lies from the vast multitude I mean. 

I will attempt to be clearer precisely which lies I mean next time so as not to confuse you since your virtually everything your party says is lies. 

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@HistoryBuff
My Party? Sorry, I'm not an Repub.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
HB doesn't understand there are consequences for acting on bad intel like Bush did.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Greyparrot
There are also consequences for not acting on good intel but as always, hindsight is 20/20.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@dustryder
The price of acting on bad intel wouldn't have been worth the life of a single soldier. There are no easy choices when you are responsible for unforseen consequences.

Bush didn't understand that at all. Going to war has its own price regardless of the intel. Our nation would be in a much worse position fighting a war with Russia.

Just like we are in a worse position for getting involved in decades of involvement with Syria, Lybia, etc.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
trump didn't ignore anything, he was right and didn't put any us troops in danger

yep.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
WMD....Bad intel or propaganda (no intel)?

No intel, me thinks.

But they eventually found a dishevelled old guy, down a hole..........Result!

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@Dr.Franklin
he was right
So is a broken clock. Twice every day. I’ll have to remember that this is the new standard for how we evaluate presidents.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
the pentagon is so corrupt
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Double_R
So is a broken clock. Twice every day. I’ll have to remember that this is the new standard for how we evaluate presidents.
I'm not saying that is how we evaluate presidents, this story was used to bring down Trump and spread lies about him. he was honest
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I'm not saying that is how we evaluate presidents, this story was used to bring down Trump and spread lies about him. he was honest
You keep moving the goal posts around. This story was never about lies, so whether he was "honest" is irrelevant. This story was about what trump did when he was given intelligence that american troops were in danger. He chose to do absolutely nothing. That was the wrong thing to do. It turned out that he didn't get any US soldiers killed by being stupid and reckless, but that doesn't mean he was right to risk their lives.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
This story was never about lies
it actually was, there is no proper exaplanation on why this intelligence would come up
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I wrote you a poem Doc.

Did you like it?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
no.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
A broken clock is only coincidentally reflecting the time of day because the purpose of a clock is to maintain the time of day and nigh all day and night, not to merely be "correct" twice over that period. When one's purpose is not met, they are something else, but not what is intended. It is actually the same logic that a door is not a door when closed; it is a wall. Likewise, a door is not a door when open, because then, it merely marks a hole in the wall. Your dead clock with it's hands coincidentally marking a time of day, twice a day, is useless at all other times, like the open door, and the closed door.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Perhaps you prefer Limericks.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No, it wasn’t. Have you listened to a word any of us have said? Because you keep repeating the same garbage no matter how many times we explain it.

One more time... the intelligence alleging Russia put bounties on our troops was in Trump’s intelligence briefing. It was never a certainty, but there was enough evidence for it to be there. *Trump did nothing about it*.

There. That’s the story. Do you understand?

there is no proper exaplanation on why this intelligence would come up
That is completely, utterly irrelevant. The story is about how Trump reacted to the threat against our troops, not why our how the threat was determined. 

This is not complicated, unless you are purposely trying to make it so.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@fauxlaw
Your dead clock with it's hands coincidentally marking a time of day, twice a day, is useless at all other times, like the open door, and the closed door.
If you prefer another analogy, this is like finding out your babysitter took the children to the park and left them there, then later excused her actions by claiming no pedophiles came around so they were never in danger.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Double_R
That is completely, utterly irrelevant. The story is about how Trump reacted to the threat against our troops, not why our how the threat was determined. 
I am completely happy Trump didn't pull a Bush and react to bad intel just to spin a tale for the leftist kiddies on prime time.

If leaders learned anything it is that sometimes the best reaction to BLM riots is to not react at all but to be skeptical. Reacting brings about a whole new set of problems.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
@Double_R
Double-R, your #77 was merely a repeat with no critical analysis of dustyryder's #5. So, I'll repeat my #84 to you both

Your dead clock with it's hands coincidentally marking a time of day, twice a day, is useless at all other times, like the open door, and the closed door.
In other words, when anything violates its intended purpose, even by being broken, it is not fulfilling the full measure of its creation. A broken clock is only correct twice a day? 1,440 minutes to a day, in a gross measure of time. That is being correct 0.1% of the daily whole. It's actually worse just by the rough calculation in seconds, another gross measure. Face it, dead is dead. Thus, my door analogy, which door really serves no useful purpose because its only active function is as a wall. As a passage through one room to another, or from inside to outside, it frankly is not even there.

And that, friends, is how the Left spent in excess of four years, trying to get rid of a man the people, represented by the electoral college, duly elected a President, simply because they hated him with such passion, they were willing to make of him a broken clock, and then admit he was right twice daily.

Sorry, but that amounts to a broken logic, but you both refuse to walk through that non-existent door. Even open, you prefer the wall. Nice.

You have your wish. You have elected a President who cannot even find his mask, let alone a door. He's lost a mind he never had in the first place.  So, I'm so glad you've justified your broken clock, having elected it. Don't bother shaking and putting it to your ear, it isn't ticking.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Double_R
One more time... the intelligence alleging Russia put bounties on our troops was in Trump’s intelligence briefing. It was never a certainty, but there was enough evidence for it to be there. *Trump did nothing about it*.

There. That’s the story. Do you understand?

wrong, the intelligence didnt go to trump nor was he briefed about it, it was a horrifical misguided intelligence that ended up being used by the media

stop trying to say this was honest or legit, you are defending the corrupt Washington elite