To any bigoted or ignorant defender of Chauvin, I recommend shutting up and watching this.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 124
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
Show me evidence that his neck was literally “crushed.” There is zero such evidence.
oh, i'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were blind and couldn't see the video showing chauvin doing exactly that. 

Also, why did chauvin pull him out of the car?
Cause he refused to get into the car?
let me see if I can get this straight. George was already in the car. He refused to get into the car (while already being in it), so Chauvin pulled him out of the car to try to get him into the car..... even you can't think that makes sense. 

You need to watch the video again dude. George Floyd refused to get in the car, so much so that his own buddies told him to just get in the car.
apparently you need to watch the video again. George was in the car. Chauvin pulled him out the other side of it and slammed him onto the ground. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@HistoryBuff
Less blindness, more a basic comprehension issue.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
A picture is worth a thousand words and a selectively edited video is worth a thousand lies.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

A picture is worth a thousand words and a selectively edited video is worth a thousand lies.
Kindly show me the unedited video that in any shape or form vindicated Chauvin.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
oh, i'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were blind and couldn't see the video showing chauvin doing exactly that. 
🤦‍♂️ I don’t even know why I bother.

let me see if I can get this straight. George was already in the car. He refused to get into the car (while already being in it), so Chauvin pulled him out of the car to try to get him into the car..... even you can't think that makes sense.
He was not in the car. His head and legs were out. Officers told him at least 10 time to put his feet and head in the car and Floyd wouldn’t listen. Then the officers tried to forcibly put him in the car, but Floyd continued to resist so they brought him to the ground. That’s what the video shows...if you even bothered to watch it.

apparently you need to watch the video again. George was in the car. Chauvin pulled him out the other side of it and slammed him onto the ground.
You need to watch the video again. Floyd refused to get in the car and was actively resisting by kicking the officers. At this point Chauvin could’ve tased him but he chose a lower lever of force and brought him to the ground. 

This isn’t some honeymoon scenario where Floyd got in the car, didn’t do anything, and for no reason Chauvin took him out.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
It’s ok, when RM is faced with a video that doesn’t show any context, he’ll realize his mistake 🤷‍♂️
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
These people just rely on the media to spoon feed them the narrative. They don’t watch the trial, which literally lays out the evidence, but instead say Floyd’s neck was “crushed.” Such a shame.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

12 Jurors
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
There are actually 3 premises going on here that are totally disgusting.

1) Racism is a much more grievous crime than resisting arrest.
2) Having Black skin makes you genetically vulnerable to police encounters and it's the only viable reason why they must resist arrest.
3) Oppressed people should never be arrested, no matter what criminal behavior they display.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

1) Racism is a much more grievous crime than resisting arrest.
You DISAGREE with this?

That racism in a police force to the level of brutalising an arrestee and throwing him around like a ragdoll is worse than said arestee resisting arrest under the influence of drugs? Actually I don't see him lash out even once at the cops. I don't know wtf you're suggesting, you think racism is less bad than resisting arrest?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
3) Oppressed people should never be arrested, no matter what criminal behavior they display.
Who is defending this? Weird strawman
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
2) Having Black skin makes you genetically vulnerable to police encounters and it's the only viable reason why they must resist arrest.
Not genetically vulnerable to police encounters, but vulnerable due to psychological bias leading to far more willingness of cops to brutally manhandle, search without warrant etc. When I say search without warrant, I even mean premises, not just stop-and-search clothing and backpacks/handbags.

There are of course good police officers who try their best to avoid any bias, it isn't them I am referring to.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
How do you justify how long he was on Floyd's neck?

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
Um.... to summarize what happened:

George was "resisting arrest" in a largely nonviolent manner, he was in a stupor, nor=t dangerous.
Eventually, the cops, Chavin, got George into the car.
They opened the other side door
George, probably being high, went out the door - because of course he did
George was subdued and his neck was crushed by Chauvin's knee (you know, after he had already been prone)
This continued for 10 minutes until George died of suffocation 

You do know that the technique isn't allowed by the police handbooks, right? Like - its not like their is some debate if the cops approve (and I don't approve of the cops at all), but even they realize that he fucked up? Its such an obvious mess up by Chauvin, even if you agree that they were completely in the right to subdue him with the technique initially, it is impossible to justify it for up to 10 minutes

Um... in case you hadn't notice, your larynx and your throat are in your neck - you know - the things you need to breathe. So even if suffocation wasn't the direct cause of death, if not enough oxygen isn't allowed through the heart over a prolonged period of time, say... 10 minutes, your brain and body can start to suffer permanent damage and then you start to die - its almost like breathing is a core necessary function of living, and restricting the organ that allows that is a bad idea if you want the person to live. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Theweakeredge
Um.... to summarize what happened:

George was "resisting arrest" in a largely nonviolent manner, he was in a stupor, nor=t dangerous.
He was literally kicking officers. He refused to get into the car even after multiple lawful requests from police officers. The prosecution witnesses who were colleagues of Chauvin testified that Chauvin could’ve tasted Floyd but chose a lower force.

Eventually, the cops, Chavin, got George into the car.
They opened the other side door
George, probably being high, went out the door - because of course he did
You clearly haven’t watched the video then.

George was subdued and his neck was crushed by Chauvin's knee (you know, after he had already been prone)
Actually multiple prosecution witnesses stated that the knee was on the upper back and lower neck which didn’t result in any obstruction of either of the two arteries that supplied oxygen to the brain.

This continued for 10 minutes until George died of suffocation 
If the arteries that went to the brain were blocked then Floyd would be dead in half a minute which clearly wasn’t the case. Floyd likely died because of his enlarged heart, 70-90% blocked coronary arteries, CO, fentanyl + meth in system, and adrenaline due to resisting earlier.

You do know that the technique isn't allowed by the police handbooks, right? Like - its not like their is some debate if the cops approve (and I don't approve of the cops at all), but even they realize that he fucked up?
False. MPD literally has a picture of that position being taught in the training manual.

Its such an obvious mess up by Chauvin, even if you agree that they were completely in the right to subdue him with the technique initially, it is impossible to justify it for up to 10 minutes
There are a plurality of factors that a reasonable cop could’ve used to justify placed a knee on the upper back/lower neck. The biggest one being the crowd and the threat of Floyd’s superhuman strength. Multiple prosecution witnesses testified Floyd could still be a threat.

Um... in case you hadn't notice, your larynx and your throat are in your neck - you know - the things you need to breathe.
You don’t know physiology + the knee was on the lower neck/upper back. The prosecution was all over the place first referring to a blood choke and working their way back moving the goalposts everytime.

So even if suffocation wasn't the direct cause of death, if not enough oxygen isn't allowed through the heart over a prolonged period of time, say... 10 minutes, your brain and body can start to suffer permanent damage and then you start to die - its almost like breathing is a core necessary function of living, and restricting the organ that allows that is a bad idea if you want the person to live. 
It’s almost like an enlarge heart and 70-90% blocked coronary arteries + fentanyl + meth + massive adrenaline rush + CO couldn’t have the same symptoms. Your whole argument is presented based on a falsehood.

I’ll take a knee to my “neck” any day over what I mentioned above. Only a fool wouldn’t.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Not even Dr. King advocated resisting arrest. Resisting arrest means you don't respect the entire legal system. You can resist certain laws without destroying the system of all laws.

What the resist arrest crowd wants is a dismantling of our entire system of laws. What a disaster.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
You don’t know physiology + the knee was on the lower neck/upper back. The prosecution was all over the place first referring to a blood choke and working their way back moving the goalposts everytime.

Many sites I did research on said you needed around 200 pounds of force on the side of your neck to start constricting the trachea located at the front of the neck.

Take a wild guess as to how much force is required to show occult trauma in the neck?
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@ILikePie5
A high man in a stupor, but his "kicks" was about the equivalent of a toddler stamping on your toe. Furthermore, his pressure was directly on the neck, not on his shoulder, not on his head, his neck. I did indeed watch the video, and no... you do know the point of putting the man in the car in handcuffs right? Also... did you just say "superhuman strength", yup, I no longer believe that you are a person who is intellectually honest. I have zero confidence that anything you say is more than an exaggeration so that you see what you want to see. 

Also - funny to see your lack of sources, because your making a lot of claims buddy,
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5

🤦‍♂️ I don’t even know why I bother.
I agree. I don't know why you bother saying such incredibly stupid things. You watch a video of a cop illegally kneeling on a man's neck. Then say there is no evidence that he did that. That leaves the options of blind, stupid, or you are just willing yourself to see what you want to see.

He was not in the car. His head and legs were out.
so part of him was out of the car. so chauvin pulled him out of the car and slammed him on the ground. you are just confirming what I said. 

You need to watch the video again. Floyd refused to get in the car and was actively resisting by kicking the officers. At this point Chauvin could’ve tased him but he chose a lower lever of force and brought him to the ground. 
he smashed his face into the ground, as evidenced by the fact they had to call an ambulance because his face was bleeding, then they crushed him death. You and I have a very different opinion of what "lower lever(sic) of force" means. personally, I would argue murder is a higher level of force. 

This isn’t some honeymoon scenario where Floyd got in the car, didn’t do anything, and for no reason Chauvin took him out.
chauvin resisted being put in the car. So chauvin illegally crushed him for over 8 minutes and killed him. There is no evidence floyd was resisting while he was on the ground. Therefore there was no justification for force of any kind, let alone multiple cops crushing and killing him. Chauvin is asked multiple times if they should flip George onto his side and he keeps saying no and keeps on crushing him. There was no reason for Chauvin to be doing this. 

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
let justice be served. Then make you epithets. You're as guilty as supporters of Chauvin. You see that, don't you? Yes, I think they should shutdown comment, as well. I see little purpose in discussion at all, considered the hotheads populating the discussion. The court, not public opinion, ought to render the final decision of how this plays out. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
I have no idea what your virtue signalling is about. You're not a better person than either side just because you stick your head in the sand and say 'what will be will be'.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@HistoryBuff
I doubt he will reply to you.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
I have no idea what your virtue signalling is about. 
Correct. The rest was superfluous.

I doubt he will reply to you.
Am I expecting a reply from... whom?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
Historybuff is expecting a reply from ilikepie5
TheUnderdog
Debates: 5
TheUnderdog
George Floyd’s death is old news at this point.  It happened 11 months ago.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheUnderdog
Seeing your other posts, it's not wonder you're so blissfully ignorant of what is and isn't relevant with regards to BLM and current news.

The trial is happening right now, in case you had no clue.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
>>>RM

The trial is happening right now
Yes, the Ides of March came, and went, and now the Ides of April, but has it not yet passed. You're trying to live and conclude the future. Nope.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
No, you see unlike you and some other right-wingers on this website, I'm not playing some game where I predict the outcome of the court case, I'm stating what happened. If the court find him not guilty, the court case was corrupted somehow. It's irrefutable what occurred.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm stating what happened.
You're not stating anything about the excessive quantity of drugs in his system that the autopsy demonstrated; drugs that influence the ability to breathe. Is his apparent overdose, let alone taking any drugs at all, the fault of the police? Show the video of their introducing those drugs into his system.  "In addition to fentanyl and methamphetamine, the toxicology report from the autopsy showed that Floyd also had cannabinoids in his system when he died." The report also indicated he tested positive, posthumously, for Covid-19. This was not a healthy man. https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/06/04/869278494/medical-examiners-autopsy-reveals-george-floyd-had-positive-test-for-coronavirus

Shall we consider all the evidence in this trial, huh? Or do you accept a partial view?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@fauxlaw
The drugs may have assisted in his inability to breathe but in no shape or form is what happened justifiable. Chauvin literally is holding the guy down unconscious, not moving at all or saying a word and brings out Mace pepper spray to scare off witnesses who wanted to intervene and save Floyd's life.

He deserves every bit of what's coming to him and if it doesn't come, the court was corrupted somehow.

I could not in good faith be the judge, defense lawyer or Jury member of this case. I am 100% certain and convinced he is guilty of the murder. I would happily be in the jury if need be, however I guarantee that absolutely nothing that comes up in court would convince me otherwise. There are certain things where being 'openminded' is actually intellectual dishonesty, even though normally it's intellectual honesty. To me, this is one of them. Absolutely no way to convince me otherwise, I have seen and read enough on the topic to fully believe it.