Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets
Noah's Ark

It is actually Noah's Ark.

Noah's Ark (Hebrew: תיבת נח‎; Biblical HebrewTevat Noaḥ)

Though I am a fine one to talk. I am the master of typographical error.
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
-->
@Nevets
Sorry, I've heard "arch" somewhere and just stuck with it. But I think I have the general gist that God chucked all the animals onto a boat to save or something along those lines. 
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bones
The pertinent question, how does one fit 26.1 million animals on a single ship? Apparently, even the largest of today's cruise ships hold only 5000 people? But animals, and extremely heavy animals, not to even mention the fact that is a difference of 5000 times.... yeah, it is pretty hard to accept that story as anything more than fiction.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Theweakeredge

Theweakeredge,

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE IN POST #4: "The pertinent question, how does one fit 26.1 million animals on a single ship? "

The REAL pertinent questions are as follows:

1. "This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.” (Genesis 6:15). To do the simple math in cubits to feet, then Noah's ark was 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. 

2. "Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate," (Genesis 7:2) The simple math at this juncture is 8 pairs of EVERY animal, bird, insect and fish, notwithstanding 16 Elephants!

3.  Taking 8.7 million of specie in the link in question, and taking it times 16 (8 pairs) and doing the simple math again, it is 139 million, 200,000 species upon the Ark.

4.   "The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days." (Genesis 7:2). Therefore poor Noah and family were upon the ocean waters for 150 days with 139, 200,000 pairs of all species of animals, birds, insects and fish, where we can only surmise that his work kept piling up on him.

5.  WAIT, did someone mention that there had to be 16 Giraffatitan Brancai dinosaurs on board Noahs Ark as well, let alone the many other specie of dinosaur?  :(

Since I am the ONLY True Christian upon this esteemed Religion Forum, therefore I have to accept the above undisputed facts that all of the listed millions upon millions, upon millions of species were all upon a  wooden boat 450 feet long.  I cannot even begin to question my serial killer Jesus, as Yahweh God incarnate, relative to His godly inspired passages shown above because He stated herewith: "EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

As I have stated before, and I will state it again, it is really hard in being a TRUE Christian in the 21st century, praise Jesus!

ronjs
Debates: 0
ronjs
-->
@Bones
All the species we have today came from a single pair and kind of animal. Dogs came from an original kind of dog such as dingos or whatever the accepted dog kind is these days, many have been man made or have changed due to environmental or other influences, but, of course they still remained canines.
 As for the large animals, it would make sense to take the young as they would likely be healthier. All this would greatly reduce the number of animals on board.  
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ronjs

ronjs,

YOUR BLASPHEMOUS QUOTE GIVING CREDENCE TO EVOLUTION!: "All the species we have today came from a single pair and kind of animal. Dogs came from an original kind of dog such as dingos or whatever the accepted dog kind is these days, many have been man made or have changed due to environmental or other influences, but, of course they still remained canines. As for the large animals, it would make sense to take the young as they would likely be healthier. All this would greatly reduce the number of animals on board."

As if you going directly against Jesus the Christ as Yahweh God incarnate in the 2 contradicting Creation narratives, in stating that animals "may have changed due to environmental or other influences," therefore promoting EVOLUTION instead of Creation, is Satanic to say the least! How dare you which is BLASPHEME!

Furthermore, where in the Bible does it state with specificity, and not Satanic conjecture on your part, that only the young of 8 pairs each of species were to be taken in the numbers of 139 million 2 hundred thousand upon the 450 foot long Noah's  Ark, not to mention 16 elephants and 16 Giraffatitan Brancai dinosaurs?

Awaiting a cogent response this time because Jesus is watching you disparage His true words! (Hebrew 4:13)

BEGIN: 

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Actually i am promoting the fact that God designed us with the ability to adapt to different situations, while still remaining fully human or, in the case of animals, they remain the same type of animal. We know also that many species have come about by the manipulation of man. This, of course was much later labeled as "evolution".
 The number of animals on the ark is undetermined and i said it would "make sense" for God to send the young animals to the ark  as they would take up less space are generally healthier. Don't know of anything in the Bible says this, it is speculative.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Bones
BY DNA samples instead of the whole animal? With God involved, perhaps he taught Noah how to collect the samples, and how to generate new living beings from it. Far-fetched, yes, but impossible? Hardly. Another possibility, another God-like miracle occurred by having fewer animals than "every species," because, seems to me creation effected a thousand [approx] years before, or even thousands of years, if that was the case [who really knows?] and with evolution being the second act, which continues on to this day, maybe species evolved, again, after the ark and the flood. That option is far more likely, but the DNA sampling bit is a possibility.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@ronjs
There are many other creation stories told than just the Genesis story, and none of them depict the creation of a single species from which all others evolved. That evolution exists I do not doubt, but I don't buy all from one species. Even Darwin allowed for the process to have involved more than a single species. Read a first edition of his On the Origin of Species, last paragraph, where he even acknowledges a "Creator."
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Bones
As I've stated previously.

It was actually a bloke who rescued a few goats in a rowing boat.

These sort of stories have a habit of getting blown out of all proportion.

And Noah liked to grow roses up his reasonably sized arch.
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Bones
You make it a very big one. 
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ronjs
@BrotherDThomas
@fauxlaw
Or maybe the story of Noah’s Flood was adapted from the Epic of Atra-Hasis or Gilgamesh. 
There are many stories in The Bible that have striking similarities to far older tales. 
Timid8967
Timid8967
-->
@Reece101
Noah's flood just does not stand  up to evidence. It is so far fetched it boggles the mind that any rational person could accept it as anything more than the ravings of a madman, 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Timid8967
What you call madness, they call a Sunday.  
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
God created all of the species as they appeared, no? If you don't accept evolution, and only sparse microevolution, then most of the species which inhabited the earth must have already been there, furthermore, even if we were to take a mere 1% of the current species of animals, and pair them up, that is still 17,400 animals, more than 3 times more passengers than the biggest cruise ship of modern times. Combine that with the amount of food, clean water stored, and room for them to mate, and you have a literal impossible boat, and this is taking that most of the current species suddenly appeared in the last 4,000 to 5,000 years - contradicting the bible and evolution.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Timid8967
Noah's flood just does not stand  up to evidence. It is so far fetched it boggles the mind that any rational person could accept it as anything more than the ravings of a madman, 

And they wonder why and take offence when  it is  that their IQ is brought into question.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from godly posts, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times, and goes against Jesus in taking care of the poor, says that the Bible is a FRAUD, and calls the Christian faith as DISHONEST, and still wants to be called a Christian,  and has run away from 18 posts to him in one thread alone,

YOUR OUTRIGHT POSITION AGAIN IN CALLING JESUS A LIAR, THAT YOU ADMIT IN DOING IN ANOTHER POST!: "There are many other creation stories told than just the Genesis story, and none of them depict the creation of a single species from which all others evolved. That evolution exists I do not doubt, but I don't buy all from one species. Even Darwin allowed for the process to have involved more than a single species. Read a first edition of his On the Origin of Species, last paragraph, where he even acknowledges a "Creator."

In proving to you, and the membership, in why you remain the #1 Bible fool and runaway of same, now you tell Jesus that His inspired words within the scriptures are lies again because you have no doubt that EVILUTION exists, which to YOU supersedes over Jesus' 2 contradicting Creation narratives which is BLASPHEME!!!  

FAUXLAW, pay close attention to the following Jesus inspired passages, understood Bible fool?

1. “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) Every word includes the Great Flood narratives within the Bible, get it?

2. “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” (Luke 4:4). Every word of our serial killer Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate includes ALL of the passages of the Great Flood that YOU deny happened at your expense upon Judgment Day!  

The membership and I ask you, where do you get the authority to say that Jesus' words within the scriptures are false and therefore LIES to YOU relative to the Creation narratives, because YOU believe in Evolution over Creation, because you can't accept 2 contradicting propositions at the same time, understood Bible fool?!  

BEGIN:

Subsequent to your explanation above, you have another explanation forthcoming, which is only one of many, and that is why you continue to RUN AWAY from 70 posts of mine, count em, 70 POSTS, and counting, all relating to the inspired words of Jesus the Christ, and then you insidiously want to call yourself a Christian, NOT, you Bible ignoramus fool in the name of Satan!  

BEGIN:

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

Stephen,

Firstly, even though you are a Hell Bound Atheist, you follow logic and reason, and therefore what do you think of the Bible stupid fool FAUXLAW being dumbfounded again relative to the JUDEO-Christian Bible, where he now states as a pseudo-christian that he accepts EVILUTION over Jesus'  2 contradicting Creation narratives?  How far can the Bible fool FAUXLAW go in slapping Jesus in the face while he embarrasses Christianity and this notable forum just by being here spewing forth his Devil Speak?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
How far can the Bible fool FAUXLAW go in slapping Jesus in the face while he embarrasses Christianity and this notable forum just by being here spewing forth his Devil Speak?

Brother,
I am still trying to understand how someone that professes his belief in Jesus/god and scripture can render the "word of god " in English , useless and pointless with one simple throwaway statement.  #28  fauxlaw

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Reece101
You mean like the numerous, credible, various-sourced histories told of the antebellum South? And not all published on August 12, 1926? Which of those are you going to declare is the most credible? And are you going to automatically discount the story that happens to be published on February 21, 1947?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen
@fauxlaw

Stephen,

YOUR NOTABLE AND REVEALING QUOTE ABOUT THE DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE; FAUXLAW:  "Brother, I am still trying to understand how someone that professes his belief in Jesus/god and scripture can render the "word of god " in English , useless and pointless with one simple throwaway statement.  #28  fauxlaw"

As we both have tried to do, is to get the Bible dumfounded FAUXLAW to bring forth his alleged knowledge pertaining to Greek translations in getting his sorry ass out of his removing one foot to insert the other relative to the JUDEO-Christian Bible!  But, as embarrassingly shown,  he is to SCARED to do so!  So much for his assumed knowledge of Greek translations! LOL!

FAUXLAW is who he pretends to be within this forum, which is not even a pseudo-christian at best, but as shown repeatedly, he is an outright minion of Satan in going directly against Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures!  Case in point, FAUXLAW has run away from 70, and counting, posts of mine relative to Jesus' inspired words as shown below, therefore, what does that tell you about his alleged faith in Christianity, other than he RUNS AWAY from it!

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
If you don't accept evolution
Who said I don't accept evolution? Again, as said many times, I am not most Christians. I accept evolution. I even consider it on the same side of the coin as creation, and consider it as having begun the week following the creation week, which, no, I do not accept as having been conducted in six 24-hour days, after which God retired and went fishing. He's still on the job, directing the rest of creation, by evolving species and events, unlike  the thinking of most Christians.

If is a useless, utilitarian-lacking word because everything following to justify it is not currently true. Horrible way to begin a logical argument. I've said that before, numerous times, too.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Well then, so then you accept that millions of species would have had to have fit in a single ship - completely discounting the fact that the structural integrity would be completely compromised, their simply is not enough space to fit them all in one place. 
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
Not necessarily.
Do we know for certain their were millions of species to be housed in the ark,  whenever the flood happened?
Are we certain that insects need not have been specifically brought on board, but we passengers, themselves, as usual on other animals?
Are we certain that the DNA bank theory I proposed [not mine, btw], was not in play?

None of the above can be discounted out-of-hand.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Um... yes - yes we can - because of the implicit context of the story, we can be fairly confident that there was no DNA bank, you are inserting a theory that could have explained it, but there is no evidence that is what happened, furthermore - there are at least 5,000 different species of mammals, at least 8,000 different species of reptiles, etc, etc - even discounting the majority of the species, we still have a boat which is 6 to 7 times more than any human vessel, and this isn't counting the food and water that would have had to be stored to feed them.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
As we both have tried to do, is to get the Bible dumfounded FAUXLAW to bring forth his alleged knowledge pertaining to Greek translations 

Well you knew,as did I, right-away that he was never going to commit himself. They are al the same, when caught on the backfoot. It like a petulant last resort . It is a  " I know more than you because I am student in Greek"    but then fall at the first fence when the opportunity presents itself for them to show their ancient language skills. I am still waiting for any "student in ancient Greek" to tell me what the English word  "secret" means in Greek?  I believe it to mean exactly what it means in English. But then I am not a "student in ancient Greek" as a few here claim to be. #28  fauxlaw

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Theweakeredge
there are at least 5,000 different species of mammals
Bolding mine. ARE: present tense. What were there, then? Whenever then was? As you say regarding the DNA theory, "because of the implicit context of the story, we can be fairly confident that there was no DNA bank..."  We cannot be "fairly confident" there were as many species then as now. "Fairly confident" allows for the possibility, perhaps not the probability - but probability is not 100% confidence, is it? 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
It's a myth.  The people trying  to prove it's not aren't even Jewish.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@fauxlaw
What i actually was saying is that all species came from an original pair at the time of the flood, one dog pair gave rise to all the species of dogs, one cat pair gave rise to all the different species of cats and so on for each kind of animal.  Weather one calls it evolution or adaptive change, it still makes sense and is supported  by scientific study.